Lets talk GEC!

We really need another run of 72s or 73s or 83s or 25s or 26s or 93s or 77 Washington Jacks........ Stag Whatevers

Harry
I would probably pass until the 93s and the 77s but that's ok everyone needs a knife they like.

I hope its another run of 5000 97s followed by a run of 25 46's.

I'd be ok with that... :D

Q4xJiCI.jpg

A new farm and field pattern might be interesting. In a large enough run to be readily available.

I just switched back to carrying my 99 F&F. Such a solid knife. I wish there were more around.

I keep hoping they’ll make more of those #99 Farmer Locks. I have one, but I need more.

NifeBrite 99s is how this whole thing started for me. Never ended up getting one. Took me two years to land a black 99.

A low cost/frills F&F 15 clip would break the internet.

Yep, a Nifebrite #99 is what I really want. :D

Great to see i'm not the only one who likes the Farm & Field line up. I do like my Tidioutes and Northfields but the F&F are the ones that I use with the greatest pleasure.
Very well designed and made tools. I even consider they are the most important contribution of GEC to the american cutlery tradition.
More Farm & Field please.

ZqUd7Kgh.jpg

Dan.

Shame about the jigging. I wish GEC would adopt the mentality ‘make every knife as if it’s your last’ and put some more effort into it.
I am fairly certain that everyone in that building right now understands that every knife they make could be their last. They have already been shut down for what? 2-3 months. There is threat of another shut down, there is a steel shortage, and who knows what else.

If you don't like the jigging, fine. Tell us about it here. That's what the forum is for. Don't buy the knife, fine. Plenty of people do like it and will buy it. However, questioning the good people who make these knives desire and effort is BS and over the top.

I am fairly certain that everyone in that building right now understands that every knife they make could be their last. They have already been shut down for what? 2-3 months. There is threat of another shut down, there is a steel shortage, and who knows what else.

If you don't like the jigging, fine. Tell us about it here. That's what the forum is for. Don't buy the knife, fine. Plenty of people do like it and will buy it. However, questioning the good people who make these knives desire and effort is BS and over the top.
I dont think Camillus Camillus is being overly critical. I think we can all agree that the black plum 74s and 47s jigging is not the same as the effort on the Waynorth Lambfoot jigging. All are wonderful knives, and we should all be so lucky to have any of them. The black plums are awesome looking, but could always be better. I think that is why we are on a knife forum. To overly dissect every aspect of awesome knives. If they weren't fantastic knives, we would not be talking about them.

I think we can all agree that the black plum 74s and 47s jigging is not the same as the effort on the Waynorth Lambfoot jigging.
We most definitely all can't agree on that. On my example of the lambsfoot it is quite evident that the operator got complacent and just made rows of jigging.
84UN5N2.jpg

I personally like it so I have never mentioned it before. As a matter of fact I like most jigging because I know it will wear down and make each knife a little different.

I also stated he and now you are more than welcome to dislike the jigging and also stated this is the exact place to voice that displeasure. What I am making a point about is his and your assumption of effort and caring.

I think effort is the wrong word. Uniformity and uniqueness is more what I am referring to. I personally like all jigging on gec knives. I just prefer the more unique jigging patterns when compared to a more uniform approach like on the black plums. Your waynorth looks awesome Jiki Jiki

Back