Lion Steel Dom

The walk and talk is perfect. Smooth action but with good snap on open and close. I cant wait for the shuffler to drop again

Guess I should have gone ahead and requested that dark Ram's horn. Some of these that have gotten posted are stunning. I'll have to consider it for next run but don't see it as an option on the shufflers so will wait for the next Dom run.

So is that what you think it is? I tried to take a better picture of the pin gap above. This is the first time I had a gap in a backspring, though so I just wanted to check if it's normal with these or not.

It's hard as heck to get a good picture of it, but the stop pin is flat on the right side, but on the left it's showing the notch on the top of it. It looks like the same amount that's showing is causing the gap. Sorry for the questions I just noticed it a few minutes ago and that caught my eye.

I just sent back an ebony version for the same reason and it was noticeably out of spec compared to the two other versions I have. It was more obvious on mine however. The spacer kinda just looks overly thick.

Ii4VKuv.jpg

llrCYGd.jpg

The Rams Horn is insane on these. On mine the two side are like reverse images of each other -- one side dark with a lighter sweep and the other light with a dark sweep. Reminds me of the rocks you find at the beach. Beautiful stuff.

That's kind of what I thought it was from. The pin isn't set right so that in turn is making the gap stand out a lot more.
I just sent back an ebony version for the same reason and it was noticeably out of spec compared to the two other versions I have. It was more obvious on mine however. The spacer kinda just looks overly thick.

That's what I decided to do as well. I actually feel like chump for doing so, and I know it's probably a simple fix, but I don't even want to take the chance of screwing something up on a one day old knife. Funny enough, I want to change mine from a micarta to an ebony since it was already headed back. I'd be happy with either, but that ebony looks great.

It's one of those things no one would really notice unless they were looking for it(at least it was on mine), and I just happened to find it on the one I got. The bad thing is this is my first time going through Collector's so I feel even worse about copping out and returning it.

That's kind of what I thought it was from. The pin isn't set right so that in turn is making the gap stand out a lot more.

That's what I decided to do as well. I actually feel like chump for doing so, and I know it's probably a simple fix, but I don't even want to take the chance of screwing something up on a one day old knife. Funny enough, I want to change mine from a micarta to an ebony since it was already headed back. I'd be happy with either, but that ebony looks great.

It's one of those things no one would really notice unless they were looking for it(at least it was on mine), and I just happened to find it on the one I got. The bad thing is this is my first time going through Collector's so I feel even worse about copping out and returning it.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I very much dislike returning things as well due to feeling like an entitled nitpick and the inherent hassle for all. It was really only after I compared it to my Shuffler and Roundhead that I decided it must have been a flaw and I could get a better example. I also didn't want a bunch of gunk getting stuck in the gap. By comparison, my Roundhead and Shuffler (and it seems like most others on the forum) are perfect.

M McFeeli , don't feel bad, yours looks like it might actually be something that needs correcting. Most RMA's are much more "personal preference" from folks that take the overwhelmingly positive reviews to mean every knife is perfect in every way. "The black isn't black enough", "I don't like the copper lube they use, looks like rust", "The detent is stronger than my other LionSTEEL knives", etc. :D

Expanding your scope is great, but with that you have to realize you are reaching different clientele. But when you ship out a few hundred knives there will be a couple of issues and a dozen folks that their wives found the credit card bill ;)

That makes me feel a little better, haha. It's definitely something I'm not prone to. I think this may actually be the first knife I ever returned to a dealer.

I do know one thing, I'm looking forward to getting one back! I think the Dom'll be stealing all the pocket time from both my traditionals and moderns. Usually it's one or the other with a new knife, but I think the Dom will take both styles out of commission for a long time. At least until the new run of Shufflers arrive, haha.

[QUOTE="knifeswapper]But when you ship out a few hundred knives there will be a couple of issues and a dozen folks that their wives found the credit card bill ;)[/USER][/QUOTE]

Thanks to this post I just warned my wife that my Dom will be arriving in the mail tomorrow, before she gets a chance to see the credit card bill haha.

Last edited:
I think the Dom is the nicest of the three so far. The grinds are perfect and the pull is a little more than the previous 5. It’s just enough to make a difference.

Some of the horn shown out here is also the best so far as well.

*all opinions

I wonder how much more they can improve given the comments here. Seriously though, it will be interesting to see how the next roundhead and shuffler versions compare. I hope they do the longer pull with the logo below like they did on the Dom.

The pull on mine has ligtened up after a few days to the 6 range, I guess it was a little stiff out of the box. I really am enjoying this knife.

Today I suddenly had the urge to find and buy or make a slim and straight custom pocket clip to install on this thing! I know that makes it less traditional but I think it would carry really well with a little deep carry clip

Went to grab my Dom this morning and noticed the lubricant from the factory having a weird milky look to it. Never seen anything do that before.20180630_075222.jpg

Back