Liu Kang (Dan Huang) - when is enough...well, enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That old junk Again! it didn't even happen to you & saying that he is responsbile for it means that it was covered! How would ol boy feel if something happened & Dan insured & the USPS said it would take 3 months for the claim to be processed? The guy would still be on her complaining, because he ALMOST cut his finger!! If your worried about safety first, try buying a knife with a sheath to begin with next time!

And who exactly would you be? A Liu Kang shill perhaps? Or the man himself? You seem to have some pretty well-formulated opinions for a guy who has been around for a month.

And who exactly would you be? A Liu Kang shill perhaps? Or the man himself? You seem to have some pretty well-formulated opinions for a guy who has been around for a month.

Yeah, I agree with what you said Andy. (( Cove business stays in the Cove. ))

Last edited by a moderator:

My Name is Brad Vacca. You can look me up if you like! I never bought from the guy or anything but this is junk trolling if I have ever seen it! were else does somebody have a topic like this started about them! WTF is a shill?
I live in Arkansas, so you next! Are you a shill of that guy still whining. I have done nothing to you. I have references or I can send a pic with today's date, my middle finger up for 1 wild turkey if it makes you feel better.
people like LK should be thanked for keeping large stock of hard to find items!

What do you do for BF?
Other than call people names & jump on the hater band wagon?

He needs to get himself his own website, end of story. That would take the brunt of the load off BFC, making the need for an individual LK subforum unecessary. It's not hard to set up a website, there are many places that can do this for a reasonable amount of money. The drawbackl is that you must then get a business license and inevitably pay taxes like everyone else has to. If other dealers that will remain nameless at this point, can set up and run solid websites, why not him? Is there a specific reason that is being disregarded?

He needs to get himself his own website, end of story. That would take the brunt of the load off BFC, making the need for an individual LK subforum unecessary. It's not hard to set up a website, there are many places that can do this for a reasonable amount of money. The drawbackl is that you must then get a business license and inevitably pay taxes like everyone else has to. If other dealers that will remain nameless at this point, can set up and run solid websites, why not him? Is there a specific reason that is being disregarded?

I have a website, I don't sell anything, but it's really that easy. If I can set up a website, anyone can.

My Name is Brad Vacca. You can look me up if you like! I never bought from the guy or anything but this is junk trolling if I have ever seen it! were else does somebody have a topic like this started about them! WTF is a shill?
I live in Arkansas, so you next! Are you a shill of that guy still whining. I have done nothing to you. I have references or I can send a pic with today's date, my middle finger up for 1 wild turkey if it makes you feel better.
people like LK should be thanked for keeping large stock of hard to find items!

What do you do for BF?
Other than call people names & jump on the hater band wagon?

My name is Andy Moon Wilson. I am in Atlanta. You may Google me as well if you feel the need. I have been a platinum member in good standing on BFC for five years. I seldom stick my nose into these sort of things. This is a rare occasion where I would like to make my opinion heard. I believe that Liu Kang's behavior negatively affects Blade Forums, and the knife community in general. I called you out because I have heard what you were saying earlier, phrased in an almost identical manner before.

Since you say you do not know what a shill is, here is a link for your edification:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

If I am mistaken in calling you a shill, then I apologize.

Thanks for the apology about the name calling, I googled it right after I asked but it was too late, I had already left it in the post. I can respect the opinion of a longtime member here. More than likely your a real nice guy.
I have not been hear long, so later I may agree with you about this man's selling practices. As a kid, I went to the St. Louis Mall & it had a knife store! I thought it was the coolest thing there! to me seeing all the greats is like a trip to that mall as a kid.

as I mentioned I live in AR so I don't have the luxury of running to the BLADE show every year. I am new to actively collecting knives I want, there for for me, I love seeing the different knives he has to offer. They may cost more than the show, but I am
sure it cost a bunch to keep that much stock on hand. I Agree he needs his own site. I agree he should not have his own sub forum. I just found myself reading the GBU post for over an hour. And it was at the top of the "What's New" After I read it, I saw it had been started over a year ago! That is way to long to spend ridiculing somebody, at least to me it is. I think this thread got started for the simple truth "somebody got tired of telling the mods about it & felt they might have more of a voice in larger numbers. If people were not happy, I believe BF would have him banned for bad sales practices. IMO
I have been wrong before & will be again. "I believe that Liu Kang's behavior negatively affects Blade Forums, and the knife community in general."-Andy Can you explain why you think this?
Take Care & nice to meet you,
Brad

If people were not happy, I believe BF would have him banned for bad sales practices. IMO
I have been wrong before & will be again. "I believe that Liu Kang's behavior negatively affects Blade Forums, and the knife community in general."-Andy Can you explain why you think this?
Brad

Respectfully you've been a member here since July. You can't possibly have formed an opinion of how all of this works in such a short period of time. You mentioned the size of this thread as an indicator. It should be an indicator particularly when people who have experienced this stuff for years speak up. If you don't believe them then the OWNER of Bladeforums posts (Spark) should speak volumes to you about the reality of this problem.

I don't want to sound like a pompous jerk at all but I would encourage you to research and listen before you form and communicate opinions.

sure it cost a bunch to keep that much stock on hand. I Agree he needs his own site. I agree he should not have his own sub forum. I just found myself reading the GBU post for over an hour. And it was at the top of the "What's New" After I read it, I saw it had been started over a year ago! That is way to long to spend ridiculing somebody, at least to me it is. I think this thread got started for the simple truth "somebody got tired of telling the mods about it & felt they might have more of a voice in larger numbers. If people were not happy, I believe BF would have him banned for bad sales practices. IMO
I have been wrong before & will be again.
"I believe that Liu Kang's behavior negatively affects Blade Forums, and the knife community in general."-Andy Can you explain why you think this?
Brad

Your pretty new here. Many things that have been done by LK that you have not seen. You have read thru another thread for "over an hour" and still fail to see why his behavior negatively effects BFC. You may want to reread thru it because you certainly missed the obvious. I hope the way he behaves isn't a reflection of your own behavior.

This thread is about addressing someone has proven himself to be a liar and cheat on BF. Many would like to see him banned, and it would be seem to be justified for many reasons, but LK is being coddled by someone here for some reason. Obviously Spark is irritated over this and has been since way before you joined here, specifically when LK flat out lied about his status as a dealer.

Should this community accept lying by it's members or call them out for what they are and send them on their way?

That old junk Again! it didn't even happen to you & saying that he is responsbile for it means that it was covered! How would ol boy feel if something happened & Dan insured & the USPS said it would take 3 months for the claim to be processed? The guy would still be on her complaining, because he ALMOST cut his finger!! If your worried about safety first, try buying a knife with a sheath to begin with next time!

This a thread where we are discussing rules for all members. I'm not sure what the rest of your drivel is about.

You don't sound like a pompous jerk,
thanks for the encouragement,
I did not think about the owner posting, I guess the 1st page was enough to start seeing tunnel vision. You are a paying member, so IMO your vote should weigh at least 2 to 1 in your favor.
I only come to the site as freeloading forum member & I thank the forum for that. I went back through & read spark's post & it makes sense what he said, 100%.
I should have just said "I come to BF to read about knives, not the guy selling too many knives." Not to argue I have formed an opinion about how this forum works, that's why there is "first impressions" &
my opinion has been wrong before & will be again. But reading & research = earned opinion to me. After I read the thread, I realized "this was not everybody, chiming in with a different unique story of misfortune with the guy. Instead it was simply
people interpretations of the first guys situation.
Thanks,
Brad

Instead of making new rules to keep LK in check, how about simply enforcing the rules already in place? You make him play your game, not the other way around. I personally don't care that someone makes a living buying and selling, I mean it's they're money and they're not forcing anyone to purchase anything from them. I do care how someone conducts themselves whether they're an individual or a dealer. It's obvious that the guy doesn't respect others or the boundaries that have been set, and Busse himself is benefitting either directly or indirectly from LK being here.

Drivel, I say chap are you from England :) Just kidding & for the fact that so many replied to this, I would like to think I am wrong. Sure I will re-read the topic and my answer to the question "Should this community accept lying by it's members or call them out for what they are and send them on their way?", is Call them out...YES YOU SHOULD CALL THEM OUT, kick them out too.
And I don't know how he does business, but I have enough faith in this forum to think the mods would ban the guy if he is as bad as your allegations.
I have not done business with him & for that fact I should & will stay out of this.
Thanks for your time,
Brad

Oh yeah site feedback means "feedback for tech issue or account issue" I think... Or they would not be a good, bad & ugly section for forum members feedback, right?

^^^ Give it a rest ^^^ We all know how someone can get a thread locked with these types of posts.

This part of BF is, as far as I can tell, also for policy change or enforcement of existing policies, which is why it was opened here.

I am very new to the Busse knife world (thanks Chris!), but have noticed more posts by LK than others members. I'm not going to waste time going through his old posts and practices, but one thing seems obvious to me. Somebody, somewhere is buying his knives, or he would go away. I would think that if so many people disliked his style that nobody would buy his stuff listed on BF.

While I certainly have no problem with LK or anyone else making money on knives, I am a bit perplexed.

Since LK is clearly a dealer, why doesn't he simply post in the "for sale by dealers" area? Wouldn't that solve a lot of problems?

It seems like this would be a fair compromise since it would assuage the ill feelings of those here and still allow LK to sell his knives.

What am I missing here?

Bladeforums?

More like... Liu Kang's forums

If it's not one of his for sale threads or a thread complaining about specific instances of his acting like a jerk to individual buyers it's threads like this, complaining about how he abuses the site.

This is kind of ridiculous, because it's not just individual people or nobodies complaining about the way he acts here... even mods will admit flat out that he is abusing the system, and instead of actually doing something about it and giving him demerits or making him follow the rules they create new rules... JUST FOR HIM.

You want to actually have an affect? Don't sit there and complain about it, do something to actually make a difference, stop buying his knives, stop supporting him, stop supporting people who support him, stop selling to him, make your feelings about how he is "destroying the community" known to his suppliers, not by complaining (you should have learned by now that complaining politely doesn't work) but by NOT buying from the people who give him the opportunity to act the way he does... you know who those people are? The busse family and bladeforums... oh wait, nobody is going to really like me saying that because they don't want to admit that the people they adore so much (hey I love my infi and the information I get from bladeforums as much as the next guy) are the ones that are allowing him to act the way he does because he makes them money. Are you actually willing to give up and miss out on the knives you're looking forward to so you can send a message to the manufactures allowing him to get away with what he does? Are you willing to drop your support of this site and stop paying them money to let liu kang go about his business practices the way he does here?

I doubt it... because it's not that big of a deal... just something people seem to like to complain about. But if it was that big of a deal... that would be the only way to do it. You can't remove a cancerous growth from a body without slicing away on some healthy tissue.

I know this thread is about Dan "Lui Kang" and how shitty his business practices and values are and what can we do change that but am I the
only one who thinks that we should be trying to change the mind of Busse(Jerry) for granting LK special treatment in his forum and for continuing
to cover for his ass. I mean its apparent to alot of people that Lk is bringing down the Busse brand. Sure he may be selling some knives in the mean time
but in the long run what price is Busse going to pay.

LK's presence on on Busse subforum and the shenanigans are now spamming BFC itself. Jerry has stepped in and contacted Spark, at this point I think he has to. I am not a part of the Busse Forum, but I respect what Busse does and have a couple of their knives--- they seem to listen to their fanbase, who seem to be sounding off about this LK character. In as much as the Busse community make up the Busse forum and the spirit of Busse of BFC, LK should be dealt with promptly and swiftly. Heed their call. Speaking for the rest of the casual BFC users, this garbage is spilling into the larger community now and you can't sign on without reading some thread about LK and his detractors. Any other dealer would be a leper in the community by now if not banned altogether. And yes, I think this whole thing is extremely bad for Busse. Why would you want the one man in possession of more of your product than anyone to be THIS guy. They surely can't choose who collects their knives, but at this point they should distance themselves from him.
Spark, maybe you should open a vote on this subject and let the community vote, we ARE a community and we should be able to influence and inform the outcome in a reasonable and democratic way. Its beyond the point where we used to just be able to ignore what is going on with LK. Time to act.
Long live BladeForums, lets get back to health and stoke that love for knives and steel that brought us here in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back