Liu Kang (Dan Huang) - when is enough...well, enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this thread is about Dan "Lui Kang" and how shitty his business practices and values are and what can we do change that but am I the
only one who thinks that we should be trying to change the mind of Busse(Jerry) for granting LK special treatment in his forum and for continuing
to cover for his ass. I mean its apparent to alot of people that Lk is bringing down the Busse brand. Sure he may be selling some knives in the mean time
but in the long run what price is Busse going to pay.
I see your point here. If Busse is going to sell to dealers, they should sell to legitimate dealers for resale, GPknives, NewGraham, 1SKS. The flipping and all that buying/selling is what turns people off from the brand. That would in turn somewhat settle the LK issue, to a certain extent.

I strongly agree with the OP I mean I cant even browse the busse forum anymore :grumpy:

You have only been here since June & posted only 32 times, how bad could it be for you? :( or :cool: it's your choice to read his thread or not. Right under the title, it says who it's by like an author of a book.
if it says his name & makes you depressed, then don't read it. That' s why I don't listen to sad music or movies, you know I start to cry :(

321sold, you sound like you are a front for someone else and you sound an awful lot like LK himself which would probably be another overlooked violation for multiple accounts. Your posts sound disingenuous and you have stated you've never done business with LK. Do you even own a Busse? Do you have any idea what you're even talking about since you've only been here a month? I was hoping this was going away but it's only getting worse...

It's a shame that lately I spend more time following the progress of this topic than enjoying the discussion, researching and buying of knives(the main reason I joined and became a gold member here). What a useless distraction this LK is. I was thinking about not renewing my gold membership if it keeps up. Also don't tell me to look away when LK has plastered everything and made a waste of time of my search function. P.S. MODS. I am not much of a complainer, but If my post is not appropiate here please delete it at your convience and fix my spelling. Thanks.

I've spent tens of thousands of dollars on knives. A lot of that has been right here in my two plus years on Bladeforums. Busse knives really speak to me. I like the style. I like the innovation. I like them completely.

I also like the generosity that the Busse brand bestows on its fans. They give away blades for free, they show tremendous kindness and always try to keep things positive and upbeat. But this openness and welcoming attitude has a downside. They throw a good party, but the party often turns violent. And then it's no fun at all.

But I've never bought a Busse knife. I've never bought a Busse knife because of the horrendous practices in the Busse forum. The games, the trickery, the meanness. The Ganza crap where you have people compete for knives and they turn in to animals biting each other. The stories of people knocking other people over when lottery deal tickets are thrown in to the air at the trade shows. The whole thing is just such a huge turn off. Ganzas have even shut down the Bladforums servers, disrupting this entire environment for the rest of the community.

LK is a product of that mean spirited, "screw the guy next to me" competitive attitude that seems to thrive in a few bad apples in the Busse community. He's just (presently) the worst one.

And yeah, he's now bringing the whole Bladeforums situation down.

I think this whole thing started when he was granted permission to spam a forum that was only intended for consumer-to-consumer sales. Who made the request and who granted it is well documented. It was a horrendous mistake, in my opinion.

I spend less time on bladeforums nowdays. It used to be more fun, more lighthearted and informative. The Busse subforum was where I spent much of my time. It's just not fun anymore. Too much acrimony. Seems it is going in a very pessimistic direction.

The comments from respected members in good standing that will not consider the purchase of a Busse knife saddens me. It is a real shame because they are fantastic knives and I think everyone should own a good 'big' blade to bash (and still shave). It's just so much fun!

I'm left wondering if someone who buys a lot of Busse knives for resale (LK) might be doing more damage to the brand than he contributes to the bottom line at Busse Combat. This is a question for Jerry Busse, I suppose. Seems like a wash at best.

I think I'll go have a beer. ;)

321sold, you sound like you are a front for someone else and you sound an awful lot like LK himself which would probably be another overlooked violation for multiple accounts. Your posts sound disingenuous and you have stated you've never done business with LK. Do you even own a Busse? Do you have any idea what you're even talking about since you've only been here a month? I was hoping this was going away but it's only getting worse...

Conspiracy theorist & now you can't read either.
I introduced myself earlier in the thread! WTF are you, a shill of the OP in the GB&U? Have you owned a diploma is more like it for you. I have owned a Busse-Kin SwampRat, what about you? And at least it's only been a couple of months of me being here without
paying!
Looks like your on your third year free! Give BF some money & maybe they can do as you say next time. Go away crm3137

Last edited:

I have sold/bought edged weapons from both Dan aka Liu Kang AND from Brad aka 321Sold And I CAN SAY WITHOUT A DOUBT --- They ARE NOT the same person.

EDIT and BTW --- they were BOTH GREAT to deal with , fair prices and honest in the dealings I had with them.

321, take it elsewhere.

This thread is far too important for childish name calling and bickering like that.

Please stay on topic.

321, take it elsewhere.

This thread is far too important for childish name calling and bickering like that.

Please stay on topic.

Point taken, how do you feel about having a thread just to talk crap about you if you wore his shoes for a minute? Most of the points are smeared in, rewashed junk from too long ago to remember. 2 Liu Kang threads out of 25 entries in the for sale Busse section 8% tonight.
call Jerry Springer, or Geraldo but the whine forum is elsewere too.

Check somebody else next time LA.

Point taken, how do you feel about having a thread just to talk crap about you if you wore his shoes for a minute? Most of the points are smeared in, rewashed junk from too long ago to remember. 2 Liu Kang threads out of 25 entries in the for sale Busse section 8% tonight.
call Jerry Springer, or Geraldo but the whine forum is elsewere too.

Check somebody else next time LA.

Take everything after "point taken" elsewhere.

I believe that dealers should post in dealer sections. Buying from a dealer has certain advantages.

Did anyone notice that I'm not posting any more threads then usual but everyone else is posting less. This is because not as many people are going online and/or posting knives for sale. This has nothing to do with me. The first page goes back four days...

You have only been here since June & posted only 32 times, how bad could it be for you? :( or :cool: it's your choice to read his thread or not. Right under the title, it says who it's by like an author of a book.
if it says his name & makes you depressed, then don't read it. That' s why I don't listen to sad music or movies, you know I start to cry :(

And you have been here a month less. I don't really see what that has to do with someone having an opinion. Just sayin.

Gentlemen, this thread is for what we might do about the negative effects of LK's practices on Bladeforums. Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Gentlemen, this thread is for what we might do about the negative effects of LK's practices on Bladeforums. Please discuss the topic, not each other.

He's a dealer. He should be restricted to the dealer section. But he'd just make a second account and post in the Busse Forum anyway. He's already poisoned the water in the Busse Forum. I wished you guys would hit him with the Ban Hammer.

Busse Knife Group was given its own for sale forum because many of our customers were jamming up the individual for sale forum. This was not done at our request but rather as a way of keeping the Busse Kin blades from overwhelming the other for sale forums. Great idea! :thumbup:

However, designating a forum for Busse Kin blades ONLY, sends a clear message to potential buyers that if you are looking for a Busse Kin blade then the Busse Kin Sales Forum is the place to go in order to find one.

When the discussion began more than a year ago as to how to define a dealer, I was inundated with phone calls from many of our customers who frequently “buy many and sell many” as to the difficulty they would experience in selling on the Dealer Forum if they were deemed to be dealers by Bladeforums, since everybody who was looking for a Busse Kin blade would now be looking on the Busse For Sale Forum. Liu Kang was only one of the many who expressed this concern.

Their concern seemed valid so I spoke with Spark about it and he agreed to allow all Busse Kin blades to be sold on the Busse Kin blades for sale forum. That way, there would be a clearly defined place for customers to look for a Busse Kin knife on the secondary market. If a dealer came across a Busse Kin knife through a trade or collection purchase, they would, likewise, be allowed to post it in the Busse Exchange forum. It made sense at the time. It was NEVER a case of us “sheltering Liu Kang”. It was a case of doing what seemed fair for everyone who was involved in selling or buying Busse Kin knives.

From my point of view, I wasn't excited about a number of our customers being labeled as “Dealers” because I was afraid that new customers might think that these newly labeled “Dealers” were somehow sanctioned by Busse. They ARE NOT. For the record, we have only two sanctioned Busse Knife Group dealers. One (ThatMguy) works a couple of local gun shows, and the other (Idaho Skunk) runs our company store. They are both restricted from selling anything other than their personal knives on Bladeforums. These are the only two sanctioned Busse dealers. :thumbup:

Liu Kang, as well as the others, pays the same amount for our knives as everyone else and then marks up from there.

The list of folks who buy our knives at the regular price and then resell them for a profit down the road is endless.

So, the real question is, what is the solution to the current problem at hand?

I spoke with Spark a few days ago and suggested a separate subforum for those who would be labeled as “Dealers” under BFC rules. He suggested that instead of a separate subforum, that Liu Kang and any others who move such large quantities of Busse Kin blades get their own websites and limit their listings on Bladeforums.

I think that this is probably the best solution. I spoke with Liu Kang about this and he agreed to pursue this course of action.

So, now the question becomes, will this solve the problem and put an end to the vitriol? . . . I hope so. The name calling, accusations, and “piling on” needs to come to an end. . . . It takes the fun out of knife collecting and using, which is I hope, the main reason that we are all here.

I welcome any and all alternative solutions or recommendations in this matter. Please feel free to email me with your suggestions at jerry@bussecombat.com or give me a call at (419) 923-6471

In the meantime. . . .

Let's drink and get back to the fun part . . . . Knives!!! :thumbup:

Jerry :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back