• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Loveless Style Drop Point Hunters with Black Liners and Olive Canvas Micarta Handles

Hi Gilbert, sorry about me causing you trouble with paypal. I hope you understand that reading this forum and all these horror story made a feel a little nervous about getting my knife. I apologize again and hope we can do more business in the future.

Bin

Bin, don't make me have to come out to California and run over your big toe with my wheelchair. Just kidding Bin, no problems I would have probably done just as you did to protect my investment and money. Feel free to do business with me in the future if you wish just be careful of those crazy people in wheelchairs who think they know how to make a knife, they are the real crazy ones.

I'm happy to see that some of you have recieved your knives. I am still waiting and hopeful that mine will come soon.

I still have NOT received this knife after 41/2 months.. I asked again for a refund and was told there was a problem sending it by paypal. Is there anyone else besides me that has not received their knife out of this group of six? This is about to go to the Good,Bad,Ugly forum. My patience is gone.

maybe the Postal System is the culprit, and not the maker? i dunno, just a thought....i've had two knives stolen from the postal system......

Thought I would post an update. I have been sent a notification of a PENDING e-check being sent through Paypal on 11 October which: 1. Is not posted to clear until after October the 29th!!!!!!!!, and 2. will still cost ME money because it was sent as a payment and not a refund. This means I will be charged paypal fees IF the e-check does clear. I can't believe the number of new sales posts that have been made by this Maker in the past couple of weeks for some beautiful knives that appear to be ready or almost ready to ship. They are very tempting but I can't even consider jumping into another transaction when I have not received satisfaction for the knife I purchased on 3 June 2008 yet.

Last edited:
Don't let them get ya down Gil. You do extremely nice work from what I have seen and inspire me as a maker. Some people need to relize that shit happens and mistakes are made, and all we can do is try our best to correct them. Keep making them nice lookin knives, and all will be well. Thanks, Shane

Nothing here yet either. Email is now bouncing to Gil's address.

Gil: What's going on? Please contact me. cablemonkey at shaw dot ca

Thank you,

-C.

My email server is down and I contacted the company but no response from them as of yet. Use the alternative email address: ghnorfleet@hotmail.com and this one should work. Your knife should be on its way but there were so many orders as a result of this thread that I need to get to the office and check yours for a tracking number.

Hi Gil,

I don't know if your alternate email address is working as I haven't received a reply to any of the messages I've sent. Were you able to find any information in the office?

Thanks,

-Cam.

Another update. I was just notified by Paypal that the echeck refund DID NOT GO THROUGH.

Gilbert......Dude, I keep emailing you and I get nothing back. I paid you for a GHN0007 on September 8th, 2007 by paypal and I still haven't gotten hide nor hair of it. Can you please let me know what the h*** is going on?????
Ron C

Hi Gil,

It's been about a week now. Still no replies to any of my emails. Can you please give me an update?

Thanks,

-Cam.

Those knives look really first rate,but all this hoo-hah about deliveries and non refunds is a depressing off-put. I realize the maker must has some very real health battles to deal with but this chaos is worrying for all those waiting and waiting.

Good health to the maker

Good luck to all of you waiting.

I really don't think that posting the truth about the trouble with this maker is hoo-hah. He has promised delivery to me DOZENS of times and now blames Paypal for his inability to refund my money. It certainly IS depressing for those of us who have been cheated and lied to. Even more so with some folks like the fellow a few posts back posting encouragement to Gil,- stating,

"Don't let them get ya down Gil. You do extremely nice work from what I have seen and inspire me as a maker. Some people need to relize that shit happens and mistakes are made, and all we can do is try our best to correct them. Keep making them nice lookin knives, and all will be well."

I thought this was an interesting thing to say in support of a makers dishonest practice. I agree that Mr Norfleet's knives are beautiful. This is the real world and S__t certainly does happen to us all. I absolutely realize this and I supported Mr Norfleet when he was claiming health issues as his reason for non-delivery. The problem is - that it IS very simple to fix a problem like this no matter what has happened, - send the promised knife that was posted as a completed knife five months ago (and promised sheath) or refund the money. Mr Norfleet has chosen to do neither. And it is pretty pathetic if calling the endless excuses and lies about sending the knife or refund (but NOT really doing so) is doing someone's best at correcting things.

He is now selling more knives on the forum exchange and is even selling chances on his website for a "Thanksgiving give away knife".

I have reluctantly posted this thread and problem in the Good, Bad and Ugly Forum. I think it should also go to the Hall of Shame. I hope that doing so will save some others the frustration that many of us have experienced.

Last edited:
i love the look of these and knives and have watched this thread for six mos. now i am sorry for all involved and hope it all works out soon. :(

I apologize to every whom I have affected. I was getting better but I didn't follow doctors orders and went to the shop to work because of all you great folks on the forums and I got sick again. They want me to go to a nursing home to recuperate but I won't go. I am working on everyone's knives and no matter how long it takes I will get everyone's knives done and no one will get taken. I will make all things right. I can't elaborate anymore as I just don't feel up to typing anymore, I got to get back to the shop.

Back