make your choice ! survival folder...

if I had to pick a non sak than it would be a buck 110... I've used the buck 110's and 112's extensively the edge retention is excellent and they sharpen up easily through stropping. another fav of mine is the opinel I'm always flopping between folders..

Since it's my EDC knife it would be my Trekker.

Are the picks you guys are making the knives you carry daily?

i would have to go with my large Case stockman in CV steel. i love this knife and use it constantly.

i use it as a folding knife and it works great for me.

Lotta nice knives out there to choose from, but if it was from my own collection I'd go with my Benchmade 750 Pinnacle.

I would take the Strider RCC. But these threads crack me up...the only instructions were:

no lists of favorite, second favorite, two knives, no fixed blades..and so on
just one folder that you think may help in a survival scenario

Inevitably people list their favorites, which, I guess, is to be expected on a knife specific forum. But come on...go out on a limb and narrow it down to one. Only one. That's way more interesting than a wish list.

For me it is my Imperial Frontiersman, it came with a 25 year warranty when I bought it. The warranty expired, and I still have it.
It's a Buck 110 clone and in everyway it's equal (I also have a buck 110 from the 1980's)

I would take the Strider RCC. But these threads crack me up...the only instructions were:

Inevitably people list their favorites, which, I guess, is to be expected on a knife specific forum. But come on...go out on a limb and narrow it down to one. Only one. That's way more interesting than a wish list.

I'm guilty and a failure...I just can't do it:eek:

:D
ROCK6

This is the same as the "I am looking for a folder, no more than 3" blade, under $100" posts where at least one of the responses is a Battle Mistress or Sebenza or something else totally ridiculous.

I'll bite...something totally different than what has been listed but it does an amazing job...the Benchmade Mini-Ruckus.

One of the strongest lockups of any folder and an amazing blade geo/profile for wild work.

Quiet... I edc eithe one of my original choices depending on where I am ... In the city or town it's a vic farmer.. in the country it's a vic rucksack...

I'll bite...something totally different than what has been listed but it does an amazing job...the Benchmade Mini-Ruckus.

One of the strongest lockups of any folder and an amazing blade geo/profile for wild work.

I will have to agree...I really like the larger Rukus, but it does get a little heavy. The mini-Rukus keeps the same profile, excellent lock and ergos but in a smaller package.

ROCK6

It would be a Vic with a saw. The Outrider would do it for me. I carry the Vic Explorer Every Day.

My choice for a survival folder is my victorinox huntsman. It has the tools that I feel are important and work well with out the other stuff. It is the best sak in my very humble opinion.
If I were to chose a folder other than a sak I would choose my yellow Case trapper with cv blades. Just an excellent folder and one that I am very comfortable with.
I often carry those two knives, huntsman in a nylon sheath, trapper in my backpocket with a bandana and a pair of small pliars. This combo works very well and it is only because I am a knife nut that I ever reach for anything else.

Back