• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mick Strider has some explaining to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How injuries are handled in a regular Airborne unit and how they are handled at RANGER REGIMENT are in no way congruous. The 75th has guys banging down the DOOR to volunteer, so there is no reason to keep long-term profiled soldiers among their ranks, especially not an E-2.

You sure know an awful lot about Special Operations. I have no doubt you served honorably, but how much of your experience translates into the comings and goings of the 75th is questionable.

And no, I will not reveal details of my service on a public messageboard while still on active duty. Sorry that ruffles your feathers so much.

For someone taking the word of a guy who got booted form the 75th after 2 months, your questioning my knowledge of how the way things work is ironic to the extreme. Prior to my back injury, I had my 4187 filled out for SFAS and was training hardcore daily for it. Half of my buddies were in the 307th EN, part of the 82nd. My ex-Platoon Leader, 1LT Michael Richardson won Best Ranger in 94. My Battalion CO ran EN support at Range 19 and believed in making sure his lessons learned were applied to us. I was regularly tasked out to SWCS, and saw some cool stuff. So yeah, I've learned a bit how these guys work, and had considered requesting Engineer Support for 75th when it came time for re-enlistment, or 5th SF support. Does this mean I know all? No. But I'll wager I have more Special Operations experience than Mick Strider does, just from all the units we were tasked to on Bragg alone.

Hell, he's a living example of the jokes that go "I have more time in the field, than you have in the Regiment" I have boots with more time on jump status than him. My socks have been deployed more often. I probably almost have more time in the air than he had on jump status.

Please, keep defending the poser AWOL E1 Secret Squirrel Jack Bauer wannabe, who was too chickenshit to even reveal his service dates. Show me how he's living the Ranger way.

SECTION 9: Mick Strider claims that during sentencing, the prosecutor was supposed to ask for his sentence to be one year’s service in Somalia, with his pay forfeit. Given the nature of the other claims, this service is intimated to be Special Operations in nature, especially given his attempts to tie it to the deaths of Rangers in Mogadishu during that time.
On 07-23-2006, Mick Strider makes the following statement:
http://www.badlandsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5785&highlight=prison

Notice how this story changes 7 months later when retold:

On 02-06-2007 Mick Strider made the following statement on BadlandsForums.com:
http://www.badlandsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6774
(see also attached file Badlands_Forums___whats_up_with_mick__.pdf as viewing the above link requires registration on BadlandsForums.com)

No physical evidence is provided of this claim, let alone an explanation of why after discharge as an E-1, being barred from re-enlistment, and having a self professed spinal injury, the Government would even consider deploying him in such a manner as to be punishment for the above charges.

No other examples of prosecutors making such deals has been provided to corroborate such a claim.

I strongly urge that the reader examine the above quote in context in the Badlands PDF file attached above; then decide for themselves what is being conveyed, especially through the omission of extra information.

SECTION 11: After release from prison in 1998, Mick Strider started Strider Knives.

Contradictory information exists in several locations regarding the accurate beginning of Strider Knives Inc. Magazine articles reference Strider Knives starting in 1994, Wikipedia lists 1997, and Mick Strider was released from prison in 1998.

Since it is near impossible to run a business while incarcerated, it can be presumed that Strider Knives, Inc was founded after Mick Strider’s release from prison.

On 7-22-2005 on TacticalForums.com, Mick Strider makes the following statement:
http://www.tacticalforums.com/cgi-b...ebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000514;p=1#000022

Being ignorant of industry publications prior to his incarceration, it is difficult to claim that Strider Knives, Inc was created prior to Mick Strider’s release from prison.

EDIT: New info
STRIDER KNIVES, INC was incorporated 1/5/2001
http://kepler.ss.ca.gov/corpdata/ShowAllList?QueryCorpNumber=C2325878

STRIDER KNIVES, INC.
Number: C2325878 Date Filed: 1/5/2001 Status: active
Jurisdiction: California
Address
120 N PACIFIC ST L 7
SAN MARCOS, CA 92069
Agent for Service of Process
DUANE DWYER
120 N PACIFIC ST L 7
SAN MARCOS, CA 92069

Since the corporation is not registered in Mick Strider's name, Government contract regulations about purchasing from convicted felons are neatly bypassed.

Spark, I went back and reread some of the original posts-

First, the stuff about Duane being agent for service of process- that doesn't mean that his name is registered as the owner, just that he is the person to send paperwork to. You would have to see the articles of incorporation to see who the officers of the corp are. Additionally, because it was incorporated in 2001 does not mean that Strider knives didn't exist as another business entity.

Second, Boats hit on a very good point about the Somalia stuff, the sentence was imposed after most of the US troops pulled out, so why would he be going there if we had already pulled out?

No it has to do with having no self dicipline but at least you are working on it.

I am going to guess that someone in the Army worked a deal with Mick to offer someone that went AWOL a deal of an Honorable discharge effective immediately or something else and he could try to claim a disability in a dog eat dog long drag out of attempts. I have a friend in Oregon that basically had this happen to him and has a real disability but had to fight and spend a lot of money to prove it after years of trying. He gets a pension now but if the Air Force had had their way he would still be getting nothing. So with that said, it may have been worth it to the Army to do a deal with Mick rather than pay him out on a permanent disability claim.

I don't know how else to explain the Honorable discharge with the AWOL. So in other words his story of the injury is true but the Army won't acknowledge it. I can say it would not be the first time I've seen this.

STR

If the 201 materials are accurate, the "Strider approved" DD-214 is a forgery.

"Basic Airborne, 3wks (84)"

Mickey Ray Burger joined the Army in 1985. He graduated from San Pasqual HS in 1985.

Finally……. this thread has begun to unravel. Now all that is left to do is pull the sheets off the bed and toss ‘em in the washer……..

I just found out from Cougar Allen that I insulted a certain someone this afternoon. I went back to the post and cleaned it up.

I apologize to everyone.

not sure about Mick's TS clearance, but I had my clearance that I needed to play with the commo gear, BCS, BUCS and Tacfire, which included the ballistic info for firing "special" weapons before I was done with basic. Maybe before since I had a lag of a couple of months between enlisting and reporting to Ft Sill. If he didn't have what he needed, they probably wouldn't have let him go through the indoctrination training.

secret you can get in ~6months, TS is closer to 3 times that. You can get an interim clearance fast, a secret/interim TS was needed for a portion of my AIT.

For someone taking the word of a guy who got booted form the 75th after 2 months, your questioning my knowledge of how the way things work is ironic to the extreme. Prior to my back injury, I had my 4187 filled out for SFAS and was training hardcore daily for it. My ex-Platoon Leader, 1LT Michael Richardson won Best Ranger in 94. So yeah, I've learned a bit how these guys work, and had considered requesting Engineer Support for 75th when it came time for re-enlistment. Does this mean I know all? No. But I'll wager I have more Special Operations experience than Mick Strider does, just from all the units we were tasked to on Bragg alone.

Please, keep defending the poser AWOL E1 Secret Squirrel Jack Bauer wannabe, who was too chickenshit to even reveal his service dates. Show me how he's living the Ranger way.
Sigh.

Sir, this is where I bow out. There is nothing more to be said. I made an (admittedly) immature statement about your SOF knowledge and MOS, and you respond citing that you had PLANS to attend SFAS, CONSIDERED requesting Regiment/Group support upon re-enlistment, and KNEW a best Ranger winner. I honestly have no idea how to respond to that.

I, nor anyone else here, can convince you Mr. Strider is "living the Ranger way". If we rounded up a whole boatload of current soldiers whom Mr. Strider has treated with honor, respect, and gratitude (and there are MANY), your mind would not be swayed. Or the people who have benefited from the monies that Mr. Strider has helped to raise.

In some ways, I respect your steadfastness... but I can't help but question the motives of someone who pursues, so vehemently, a man who has already taken his lumps.

Good luck to you, sir.

The truth of the matter is it dosn't matter what any of us think about his AWOL or other activities. Aparently the 2 Ranger organizations plan to out him on their own. That will be what causes his fall in the eyes of world.

All he will have left after their condemnation will be his super mall ninga wannabes. Those who truly believed in him and respected him based on his record are the ones I feel sorry for. It is very hard to see someone you believed in proven to be someone totally different. This dosn't make them bad people or gulliable. It makes them human. It is natural to want to believe the best about those who you know and respect.

I also feel sorry for those associated with Strider knives who will feel the fallout and backlash from this. Both those organizations have the political clout to cause to have congressional hearings on weather Strider misrepresented itself to get gov contracts as well as the stolen valor aspect of all this.

If all 3 of those organizations team up they can cause a shitstorm that will leave alot of people realing and unfortunatly tarnish the knife making community as a side effect.

It should be an interesting ride for Mr. Strider. But when it all blows over he will probably go play with his heavy hitters for a while and just change his name again.

Edit to add:
The really sorry part of all this is that he makes a decent knife. It may have taken a little longer but he would have still been a sucessfull knife maker without all the poser bs.

I, nor anyone else here, can convince you Mr. Strider is "living the Ranger way". If we rounded up a whole boatload of current soldiers whom Mr. Strider has treated with honor, respect, and gratitude (and there are MANY), your mind would not be swayed. Or the people who have benefited from the monies that Mr. Strider has helped to raise.

In some ways, I respect your steadfastness... but I can't help but question the motives of someone who pursues, so vehemently, a man who has already taken his lumps.

Good luck to you, sir.

Well, apparrently if these same people consider going AWOL during peacetime after getting booted out of the Regiment, being busted to E1, and being a lying carjacker felon no big deal, I guess that says a lot. I'll wager that most of those boatload have no clue.

You tell those same soldiers he lied about being sentenced to Somalia a week ago, and see how they react.

The truth of the matter is it dosn't matter what any of us think about his AWOL or other activities. Aparently the 2 Ranger organizations plan to out him on their own. That will be what causes his fall in the eyes of world.

All he will have left after their condemnation will be his super mall ninga wannabes. Those who truly believed in him and respected him based on his record are the ones I feel sorry for. It is very hard to see someone you believed in proven to be someone totally different. This dosn't make them bad people or gulliable. It makes them human. It is natural to want to believe the best about those who you know and respect.

I also feel sorry for those associated with Strider knives who will feel the fallout and backlash from this. Both those organizations have the political clout to cause to have congressional hearings on weather Strider misrepresented itself to get gov contracts as well as the stolen valor aspect of all this.

If all 3 of those organizations team up they can cause a shitstorm that will leave alot of people realing and unfortunatly tarnish the knife making community as a side effect.

It should be an interesting ride for Mr. Strider. But when it all blows over he will probably go play with his heavy hitters for a while and just change his name again.
Wonder which Lord of the Rings character last name he will choose for his new secret identity?:D

Spark, when you post the new documents, can you please start a part 2 thread? Please! :(

:D :D :D :thumbup:

Good night all..............................................................

not sure about Mick's TS clearance, but I had my clearance that I needed to play with the commo gear, BCS, BUCS and Tacfire, which included the ballistic info for firing "special" weapons before I was done with basic.

Not sure how long ago that was but a TSBI takes about a year to do. When I was in playing basicly with the same stuff you mention we only had Secret with a prp designation.

Soooooo...now the Army gives "shitbirds" Honorable disharges? I have seen General Discharges reinstated to Honorables. Dunno???

Spark, did said mentioned groups acknowledge Mick as a member? Recognize that he was a Ranger?
Man, I am glad you all don't FOIA my DD214, you would be really bored. BTW I would have qualified for a 20% disability after I ETS'd, but really what for? I am 100% in my books. I thank the Army for my 5 Veterans bonus points all the time.

OK, Let me get this straight 2 whole pages of accusations and we finally found out, YES, Mick Strider was indeed a Ranger. If not for very long, still a Ranger. So yes he did serve in a Spec-ops unit. (not SOCOM cause they didn't exist) He is indeed an Honorabley discharged Veteran. Thanks for your service Mick. To all of you who are not Veterans, please do not challenge these points, you have no voice on this subject. I also would thank every one here who is a Veteran, thank you for stepping up for your country, job well done.

secret you can get in ~6months, TS is closer to 3 times that. You can get an interim clearance fast, a secret/interim TS was needed for a portion of my AIT.
Some guys that I was in OSUT with had to get those. The commo guys for sure and maybe the Lance and Pershing 2 guys also, since they were handling "special" weapons and not just telling them where to land like i would have been doing with the 8 inch. I was not allowed to enter the "special" van. I think I had my Secret in more like 3 months, but some guys i knew cut it pretty close on their interim clearance. A lot of the time for those higher clearances is just grunt work in the field. But i did know one guy who was a 16J, I think, who you could have done his entire background investigation, including interviews in one good afternoon because prior to coming to Sill, he had never been on a plane and had never been more than 200 miles from his home town in South Dakota his entire life.

I am going by memory trying to look back all the way to 1978-79 but it seems to me my clearance and all that went with it were all given to me in the early days of my training. I can't find it but I may have had it before I actually left. I'm looking.

Oh, everyone should read here. If the AWOL is true. (I am not saying it isn't Spark, just that my eyes don't read what you scanned very well.) Interesting read to say the least. http://legal-assistance.monmouth.army.mil/docs/mjal/DA Pam 630-1 AWOL AND THE CONSEQUENCES.pdf

STR

My TS was completed in about 8 months from the time I started basic in the AF. I had a secret going in though from my reserve time in the army prior. So it may have sped up the process.

clearances may have come a little bit quicker some years back, Army has a big push for intel collection and analysis jobs, and there was some problems with the handling of paperwork in background checks. I knew several people who were security holdovers at one point or another because their clearances didn't go through in time. I was told a year to 18 months on my clearance at the outset, and it took the scenic route.

Not sure how long ago that was but a TSBI takes about a year to do. When I was in playing basicly with the same stuff you mention we only had Secret with a prp designation.

Soooooo...now the Army gives "shitbirds" Honorable disharges? I have seen General Discharges reinstated to Honorables. Dunno???

Spark, did said mentioned groups acknowledge Mick as a member? Recognize that he was a Ranger?
Man, I am glad you all don't FOIA my DD214, you would be really bored. BTW I would have qualified for a 20% disability after I ETS'd, but really what for? I am 100% in my books. I thank the Army for my 5 Veterans bonus points all the time.

OK, Let me get this straight 2 whole pages of accusations and we finally found out, YES, Mick Strider was indeed a Ranger. If not for very long, still a Ranger. So yes he did serve in a Spec-ops unit. (not SOCOM cause they didn't exist) He is indeed an Honorabley discharged Veteran. Thanks for your service Mick. To all of you who are not Veterans, please do not challenge these points, you have no voice on this subject. I also would thank every one here who is a Veteran, thank you for stepping up for your country, job well done.

We also found out that the "Strider Knives Approved" DD214 is a forgery since Mick wasn't in Basic Airborne anything in 1984.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back