• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mick Strider has some explaining to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should also say that since Strider joined straight out of high school, they wouldn't have very far to look back. If he didn't move around a lot, or have many foreign ties, it could go through quickly. 11 months is still pretty tight, especially since things went bad for his training.

clearances may have come a little bit quicker some years back, Army has a big push for intel collection and analysis jobs, and there was some problems with the handling of paperwork in background checks. I knew several people who were security holdovers at one point or another because their clearances didn't go through in time. I was told a year to 18 months on my clearance at the outset, and it took the scenic route.
That's what they were called. We had a couple like that. We also had a "buggery' holdover. Guy who was apparently accused trying to do the nasty with one of his fellow recruits while said recruit slept and was waiting to get processed out.:eek:

We also found out that the "Strider Knives Approved" DD214 is a forgery since Mick wasn't in Basic Airborne anything in 1984.

So, if this witch hunt is about Mick Strider and not his knives or the company, why do you keep draging "Strider Knives" into your ruckus? His DD214 besides time line, what else on it have you found to be incorrect? Do you think he moved his Jump School date up so he could buy beer earlier? :jerkit:

So, if this witch hunt is about Mick Strider and not his knives or the company, why do you keep draging "Strider Knives" into your ruckus? His DD214 besides time line, what else on it have you found to be incorrect? Do you think he moved his Jump School date up so he could buy beer earlier? :jerkit:

Why indeed.

attachment.php

you [Spark] respond citing that you had PLANS to attend SFAS, CONSIDERED requesting Regiment/Group support upon re-enlistment, and KNEW a best Ranger winner. I honestly have no idea how to respond to that...

Spark has been very plain about his military service in this thread several times. And I have never seen him say anything else.

Furthermore, as I keep pointing out every few pages, Spark's character is irrelevant to this matter. The accusations he laid out in the first posts in this thread do not -- repeat DO NOT -- depend on his character. He may very well be a dirty, rotten scoundrel, but that doesn't matter one whit because the the accusations are not founded on his personal character. The accustations are founded upon apparently-credible, documentary evidence.

Attacking Spark does nothing to help defend Mr. Strider. If you want to defend Mr. Strider, then you absolutely must attack the accusations and especially the apparently-credible, documentary evidence that supports them.

If you can show that Spark's accusations and evidence are lies, then he will be hoisted on his own petard (it's not often that one gets to use the word Petard three times in one thread). You must attack the verasity of those accusations.

Attacking Spark only bolsters the appearance that those accusations are true because apparently you can't counter them.

[Scene opens in a court room. A trial is in progress. A uniformed police officer is on the stand. A man in a business suit is standing in front of the judge. He speaks...]

[Prosecutor] Thank you officer. Your Honor, I have no futher question for this witness at this time, but I reserve the right to recall the witness.

[Judge] Very good; so noted. Does the defense have any cross examination for this witness?

[Defense Attorney rising from his chair behind a table] Why yes, Your Honor, I do have a few questions for the People's star witness.

[Judge] I expected you would. You may proceed.

[Defense Attorney] Will the clerk please bring People's exhibit number five, the large knife stained with the deceased's blood and bearing my client's fingerprints?

[Judge to clerk] Fetch People's five, please.

[Clerk puts on white gloves and gingerly lifts the knife from a table along the side and brings it to the table in front of the witness stand and the jury.]

[Clerk] I remind you not to touch this exhibit, please.

[Defense Attorney] Understood.... Ah, clerk, who tied your tie?

[Clerk] Ah... pardon me?

[Defense Attorney] Who tied your necktie?

[Clerk] Ummm.... well.... I did.

[Defense Attorney] Well that is the sloppiest knot I've ever seen. And look at your shoes. It looks as if you hiked through a swamp in them. This is a court of law, man. Can't you get your shoes shined properly?

[Prosecutor] Objection. Your Honor, this is irrelevant.

[Judge] SUSTAINED! The reporter will strike the Defense Attorney's exchange with the Clerk and jury will disregard it. Will you please get on with your cross examination?

[Defense Attorney] Certainly, Your Honor. Officer, is this the knife that you said you saw in the hands of my client, the defendant, standing over the deceased's body when you arrived at the scene on the night of the alleged murder?

[Officer] Yes.

[Defense Attorney pointing to the officer's chest] Officer, what is this stain on your uniform?

[Officer] Ah, well, um...

[Defense Attorney] Come on officer! Answer the question!

[Officer] Barbeque sauce, sir.

[Defense Attorney]Barbeque sauce! Barbeque sauce? And just how did that get on your uniform?

[Officer] Ah... well... I had a half-pound barbeque bacon double cheese burger for lunch sir.

[Defense Attorney] DID YOU!?! A half-pound barbeque bacon double cheese burger?

[Officer] Yes sir.

[Defense Attorney digging through papers on the Defense table] Officer, what is your height?

[Officer] Five feet, ten inches.

[Defense Attorney] And what is your weight?

[Officer looks to judge. Judge is rolling his eyes.]

[Judge with a sigh] Just answer the question please.

[Officer] Ahhhh... a hundred and... ah... ninty-five pounds.

[Defense Attorney] Officer, I remind you that you are under oath!

[Officer looks to the judge with frustrated look. Judge just waives his hand.]

[Officer] Oh, alright. I'm two oh five.

[Defense Attorney consulting paper pulled from stack] Are you really? Let's see. Five-foot-ten and two-oh-five... Officer are you aware that according to the Department of Health and Human Services Body Mass Index, you are OBESSE!

[Officer] Yes, I'm trying to work on that.

[Defense Attorney] Do you consider lunching on half-pound barbeque bacon double cheese burgers "working on that?"

[Officer hanging head in shame] I'm sorry, but I didn't get any breakfast this morning. I was hungry.

[Defense Attorney] Did you say that you didn't get any breakfast?

[Officer] Yes.

[Defense Attorney] Officer, are you aware that scientists and nutritionists agree that Breakfast is the most important meal of the day?

[Officer] Yes, I have heard that.

[Defense Attorney] Well then please tell the jury why you would skip breakfast?

[Officer] My alarm didn't go off. I was in a hurry.

[Defense Attorney] And, officer, why didn't your alarm go off?

[Officer] I didn't get it set right. I didn't push the switch all the way to the right. Sometimes it sticks a little.

[Defense Attorney turning to the jury] Oh! So, officer, because you were incompetent in setting your alarm clock, you were late getting up on the morning of a very important trial and had to skip breakfast which resulted in you gorging on a half-pound barbeque bacon double cheese burger for lunch and dripping sauce onto your uniform? Is that correct?

[Officer] Yes, I tried to blot the sauce up, but I couldn't quite get it all.

[Defense Attorney] Did you have any fries with this half-pound barbeque bacon double cheese burger?

[Officer, hanging his head in shame and in a quiet voice] yes.

[Defense Attorney] What was that? Speak up so the jury can hear you.

[Officer] Yes, I had fries.

[Defense Attorney] And were they cooked in trans-fatty acid oil?

[Officer] I don't know.

[Defense Attorney] And you call yourself a policeman?!? Your honor, I have no further questions for this witness.

[Judge] May the clerk remove the knife?

I found my forms from the Dept. Of the Air Force. I joined in May. May 27th to be exact and by June of the same year I had secret clearance. I wasn't even out of basic training by then. I was still in San Anotonio Tx until July. I recall sitting alone on the basketball court watching the 4th of July fireworks at Lakeland AFB. I graduated basic on the 9th of July.

In my case I left the service Honorably still with that same secret clearance. Not sure how it would work with Top Secret.

STR

My TS was completed in about 8 months from the time I started basic in the AF. I had a secret going in though from my reserve time in the army prior. So it may have sped up the process.

When I suddenly became the only Engineer at Boeing Miltary Airplanes with knowledge of fiber optics who could physically get aboard an aircraft (the other was in a wheelchair), my security clearance (something rather above TS) took a matter of weeks. If it needs to get done quickly, it can.

Spark pulled that DD-214 image off of badlands.com

Yes. But do we know how it came to have "Strider Knives Approved" written across it.

Again, Mr. Strider can't be responsible for what others say about him.

Of course, it would be dramatically different if that notation does mean that he, himself, "approved" (and I was not aware that one approves one's DD-214, but I have no military experience myself) it; it would dramatically change the situation if we knew that to be true

You don't think they make typo's on DD214?? I can show you mine where it shows an AAM and an AAM 2nd oak leaf cluster, no 1st oakleak cluster (2nd AAM) So did I recieve just 2 AAM's since that what my DD214 says? I dunno but I have documentation far all 3?? Why the hell is that 84 supposed to impress me?

When I suddenly became the only Engineer at Boeing Miltary Airplanes with knowledge of fiber optics who could physically get aboard an aircraft (the other was in a wheelchair), my security clearance (something rather above TS) took a matter of weeks. If it needs to get done quickly, it can.

There are, and always have been, a variety of clearances. Military clearances, "state" clearances, and agency clearances do not crossover, did not then, especially do not now.

I was a PN in the U.S. Navy, and processing basic clearance paperwork was one of my duties from 1988-1989. Provisional/temporary Secret could be granted by the CO, pending the results of a background check, but in the entire Navy, the only organization that could grant TS was BUPERS, the Navy Bureau of Personnel, after the appropriate background check. AFAIK, this basic process related to BOTH enlisted and commissioned personnel.

You could tell me that Mick got a TS in less than a year, but in 4 years of active service(3 years, 10 months and 16 days to be specific, RE-R1 reenlistment code), I never, ever saw that occur.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Look down at the number row on your keyboard. Typewriters are laid out the same.

There is a 5 between the 4 and the 6. Nothing about Mick's DD-214 in the training box required a 4 and only boot camp required a 5. Since the vast majority of "typos" are the next key over, I very much doubt that either the clerk or the officer signing off would have been involved in that egregious an error covering an eleven month hitch.

Of course, it would be dramatically different if that notation does mean that he, himself, "approved" (and I was not aware that one approves one's DD-214, but I have no military experience myself) it; it would dramatically change the situation if we knew that to be true

The service member is given the full DD-214 to review, and by signing, indicates, that to their best knowledge, all information contained is factual and correct, and are advised as such at the time of signing. There is no "servicemember approved" stamp on a DD-214.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Thanks Steve. That settles that as far as I am concerned.

On the DD214. Again my eyes are not the best but it appears that the ( ) around the 84 look like the ones I just used. But around the 86 it seems to be [ on one side to me. Also the H in Honorable and the H in Joeseph, and the b in Airborne and the b in Honorable appear to me to have been typed on different machines. Use a magnifying glass.

STR

Since the vast majority of "typos" are the next key over, ...

Let's stick to the facts in evidence and not go speculating. The facts by themselves are damning enough.

I suspect that Spark will, shortly, have some additional evidence to show us. In the meantime, there's no need for us to make up any other evidence or speculate about anything.

True but I'm just posting what I see. I don't want to believe it.

STR

You don't think they make typo's on DD214?? I can show you mine where it shows an AAM and an AAM 2nd oak leaf cluster, no 1st oakleak cluster (2nd AAM) So did I recieve just 2 AAM's since that what my DD214 says? I dunno but I have documentation far all 3?? Why the hell is that 84 supposed to impress me?

Errors about medals may be made, it is not inconceivable.

Errors about dates would get the preparer relieved of duty, and standing in front of the XO/CO for failure to perform duties as assigned. There are cases of service members who get out, re-enlist, and get out again, and the timelines can be extremely complicated, but they are certified as correct by both the service member and CO at the time of separation. I have handled as many as 30 seps upon arriving in port, sometimes with a window of an hour, and mistakes of time-lines are not tolerated, at any level.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Look Chuck, I respect you, I do, but you admittedly know little about military discharge papers. The DD-214 is by far the most important document that follows the end of active duty for most folks physically intact.

They do not let the FNGs do it. They do not "blow" basic information. Decorations are diffferent. On mine, Rifle and Pistol qual ribbons were left off, but at that point I didn't care. You review it, are advised that it is pretty much set in stone, and it's signed off.

It is exceedingly unlikely that with only a scant "schooling" record that spans the length of a paragraph someone blew it in drafting by two years and that an officer also missed it.

Far more likely is a forgery trying to stretch a redacted eleven month hitch into a suggestion of a two-year minimum hitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back