1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Mick Strider has some explaining to do.

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Spark, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digitalrebelttu

digitalrebelttu

Nov 25, 2005
    Look, some people may be suspicious b/c you are new but I'll let you in on the CS guy- that's Lynn Thompson. Be very careful what you say about him- he can kick your butt faster than Chuck Norris (more like 2 Chuck Norris' in one). He'll shove a spear up your butt, a tomahawk in your skull and then cut you up like a side of beef on a meathook- the whipping would be so profound that it might make it to a video. So you need to be careful of him, Jack Bauer wets himself at the mention of LT. Now you know.

2. DocArnie

DocArnie

Jan 27, 2006
    OK...?
    So he's either talking BS or breaking the law. Have it your way.

3. NousDefions

NousDefions

Dec 4, 2006
    Last time I checked, there was nothing legally or morally wrong with a little light-hearted BS now and again.

If there was, this thread would be a felony.

4. josh@STRIDERKNIVES

[email protected]

Dec 21, 2006
    WOW what a thread !!!
    I have read most of it.
    I am lousey at letter writeing and spelling so I will try to keep this as brief as posible and not make too many grammar errors.
    I am lucky enough to call Mick Strider my friend
    I have learned a lot from him about knife making and about life
    He is generous beyond anyone I know
    He is part of a small knife company that supports thier families by making high quality knives.

will I address any of the "questions" about his past?......no
    I was never in the armed forces but it seems that every time Strider Knives does a show everyone around me is or was
    in my opinion (yes it is bias) we make a quality product the best we know how(when I say we I mean Mick and Duane) I am just the guy who gets to sell the knives.
    Has Strider Knives EVER bad mouthed another knife company directly or indirectly? no
    Does Strider Knives stand behind thier products? yes
    Does Strider Knives give back to the community? yes (and then some)
    All I can say is come meet us at the Blade Show. Take a look at our knives.
    Judge for yourself.
    To all who support us thank you

5. Allan Molstad

Allan Molstad Banned by Moderators Banned

Feb 1, 2007
    Not sure Im happy with all the concern he seems to have for my butt....

6. Cougar Allen

Cougar Allen Buccaneer (ret.) Gold Member

Oct 9, 1998
    I seem to recall some pictures posted on the net featuring Mick wearing and handling what appeared to be handguns.

7. digitalrebelttu

digitalrebelttu

Nov 25, 2005
    be very afraid, he has a thing for butts, pork butts, any kind of piece of meat. I think he might be a vegan because he is just vicious to meat.

8. ako Knife Lady

ako Knife Lady

Feb 11, 2003
    digitalrebelttu,

Your starting to get off track again. Please stick to the subject of this thread, take it to email, or start a new one elsewhere.

Thanks,
    Pam

9. alwilliam

alwilliam Banned BANNED

Dec 8, 2002
    WOW ! :grumpy:

I was suckered by M.S. and his BS and will never own or deal with strider knives again or any knives connected with strider.

I also will not support criminals of any type past or present.

My grandfather AAF WWII and father marine/ccc vietnam ... talked of the "big mouths" who never were and the quiet man who was more than he ever wanted to be.

10. nitrox1

nitrox1

Nov 25, 2002
    I have and will continue to buy, carry, use and support Strider knives.

John...

p.s. I have served honorably in the military, active duty for 4 years, 6 months. I have also spent the last 19 years as a career firefighter.

11. Boats

Boats

Aug 7, 2003
    Be sure to get a receipt on those life lessons.

That is likely true, no one relishes the fate of the crew that gets blasted as well for the actions of their blowhard Captain.

No one ever does. . . .

And how many of them know about the COMPLETE Mick Strider legend?

No one has been hammering too hard on the products.

Seem to remember something about no one wanting "a 10 year old chrome plated turd." He probably earned that comment however, so no harm, no foul.

Thanks for the SPAM.:D

12. DXC

DXC

Dec 20, 2004
    What about ambulance chasers and their brothers?

Snipped the rest of a lame post.

13. Bohica2u

Bohica2u

Jul 1, 2001
    Cougar, there were a few pics of Mick at a gun range posted a couple of years ago at USN. Mick had in his possesion a .45 auto and posing with a fan. If I remember, it was an indoor range and Mick had some of his fingers taped up on his shooting hand.

14. Gollnick

Gollnick Musical Director

Mar 22, 1999
    I've given up. It's mostly degenerated into a bunch of shouting. Very few people here really even know what they're shouting about anymore.

Nobody here has said that Mr. Strider isn't a good friend to his friends. Several posters have commented on just what a good friend he can be.

Nobody here has said that Mr. Strider isn't a generous man. Several posters have commented on his charity.

Those things are not at issue.

What is at issue is his service record, some aspects of his past but more specifically what he has said about them in the past, his verasity, and his character. Those are things that he has to decide if he values.

Nobody here has questioned Strider Knife Company or any of the other employees or their products either. Other Strider Knives employees have been scrupulously left out of this discussion. Strider Knives themselves have been widely praised as well-designed, well-made, and combat-worthy.

And you shouldn't have to because he, himself, should. And he should do it with a credible presentation of the facts backed by unaltered, complete, and credible documentary evidence. Until he does that, these questions will linger. Allowing them to linger obviously causes division in the knife community which is a disservice to the community.

That is nobel. But, as I have said before, you can say what you want to about Spark, that he is a dirty, rotten scoundrel for bringing this up if you like, but that doesn't take the charges off the table. The charges are based on apparently-credible documentary evidence, not on Spark's personal character. So, attacking Spark's character does nothing to errase the accusations or to clear the cloud of doubt they raise.

If you don't like Spark, well let me give you a hint: Spark is "all in" at this point. Disprove his charges with factual, credibility, verifyable, documentary evidence and answer his questions completely with independently verafyable answers, and you will bankrupt him right here and now.

But when he and his defenders dodge and distract and evade and deflect and obscure, it only adds credibility to Spark's charges with every word you type because it implies that there are no answers to the charges because they are true.

This is a bad and annoying situation for Mr. Strider and his friends. I know that. They view Spark as an annoyance. Well guys, he's all-in now. This is your opportunity to wipe him out and be done with him for good and al you need to do it is to lay down a Royal Flush. You do have a Royal Flush... don't you? You haven't been bluffing us have you?

15. Boats

Boats

Aug 7, 2003

We have sisters too, ya sexist bastard.:D

I'm proud of you Mr. Abbreviation. In over 1100 posts you have like two of them, and both are barely a waste of everyone's time.:thumbup:

16. ako Knife Lady

ako Knife Lady

Feb 11, 2003
    Boats,

You're getting off-topic too. Please stick to the subject of this thread, take it to email, or start a new one elsewhere. I'm getting tired of reading personal attacks, grandstanding and popcorn munching. Please everyone stick to the subject of the thread!

Pam

17. NervousXtian

NervousXtian

Jan 18, 2004
    Wow, Mick was a bad man. Hope you feel pretty good about yourself, looks like you spent a lot of time on all this, makes me really question who pissed in your coffee.

I've met Mick, he's a good man, despite his history. I'm still going to support him and his company, they do good things and make a great product.

Some of you need to get over yourselves, honestly, don't you all have something better to do? Take your kids outside and play, plant a tree, I don't know, go volunteer at the shelter, something. Anyone who takes pleasure in all this is sick, and really needs to take a good hard look at themselves, before they start judging others.

18. NousDefions

NousDefions

Dec 4, 2006
    Is it illegal for a felon to possess a pistol, that isn't your own, at a shooting range and fire it?

I have no idea.

19. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    Felons aren't supposed to handle firearms at all unless their rights have been restored. Color me shocked that something like this would occur.

20. Gollnick

Gollnick Musical Director

Mar 22, 1999
    I would like to be able to say the same thing and I believe it can be true. But part of such a transformation must be being honest about your past. If you keep misrepresenting it and allowing others to then you are still living in your old ways at least somewhat.

The very, very interesting thing will be to see who is here tonight, who would rather bicker about Mike Strider's discharge papers than take their sweetheart out for Valentine's day dinner and whatnot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.