• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mick Strider has some explaining to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cougar, there were a few pics of Mick at a gun range posted a couple of years ago at USN. Mick had in his possesion a .45 auto and posing with a fan. If I remember, it was an indoor range and Mick had some of his fingers taped up on his shooting hand.

And what would that prove?

The very, very interesting thing will be to see who is here tonight, who would rather bicker about Mike Strider's discharge papers than take their sweetheart out for Valentine's day dinner and whatnot.

My sweetheart is working and I am home with a 101 degree fever. Sad as it obviously is, this is the most interesting thing going for me right now!

And Gollnick, my apologies for leaving you nasty neg. rep. comments long in the past. You obviously did not deserve them. Further apologies for bringing this thread OT after offering my apologies, etc. etc....

WOW ! :grumpy:

I was suckered by M.S. and his BS and will never own or deal with strider knives again or any knives connected with strider.

I also will not support criminals of any type past or present.

My grandfather AAF WWII and father marine/ccc vietnam ... talked of the "big mouths" who never were and the quiet man who was more than he ever wanted to be.
I wouldn't go that far. A goodly number of folks have records and turn their lives around. But they keep quiet most of the time and answer truthfully when asked a direct question about their past. I am suspicious of those who either lie, embellish or minimize AND those who "stand in the courtyard of the Temple and pray loudly" about how that have rehabilitated themselves.

Oh my God! Martha Stewart is a convicted felon too! I guess I better cancel my wife's subscription to Martha Stewart Living! I'll keep my Striders though... Anyone want to dump them, I'll take them!

And what would that prove?

Well, it would prove that in most, if not all jurisdications in the U.S.A., Mick committed yet another felony and there is photographic evidence of his offense.:eek: The laws that I have seen say that a convicted felon may NOT own or have in his possesion, custody or control any firearm.

Wow, so this has turned from let's destroy Mick's rep into let's throw Mick in jail?

Some of you people disgust me.

Oh my God! Martha Stewart is a convicted felon too! I guess I better cancel my wife's subscription to Martha Stewart Living! I'll keep my Striders though... Anyone want to dump them, I'll take them!

Hey, Copfish. You subscribe to Martha Stewart's Living too? ;) :)

My take on this whole shebang? I wish it would just dry up and go away. I'm tired of reading this stuff. I REALLY don't care what Mick did 20 years ago. Heck, 20 years ago, I was breaking laws too. I'm pretty ashamed of some of the stuff I did back then, but I would like to think that forgiveness is instilled in ALL of our hearts. Besides, I really don't know what all this is supposed to accomplish anyway. In the end, people will either buy Strider knives or they won't. Please, let this end.

You know......we may want to ask ourselves...is all this drama good for the industry?...is bringing up up Mick Striders past for all to see good for the industry?...we are supposed to be here because we enjoy knives.....its looks to me with all these posts on this thread and the very start of this thread that the only reason alot of people are here is to watch someone be humiliated and beaten down...who is a part of this industry we all supposively enjoy....think of that person who wants to collect knives and he hears about this forum for knife nuts called Bladeforums so he or she comes on over to see THIS...what the heck! Do you think he'll want to stay and be a part of the knife community?...I havent read all the posts but I've read enough to be absolutly disgusted...
So what exactly do you guys want to achieve?..Do you want to run Strider knives out of business?..after that then what?...who else do you want to try to ruin?..
All this is just very sad to see...

you know its interesting that alot of the more well known tactical makers support Strider knives....Emerson...Mayo....myself...Onion... We compete for sales yet we are friends and support each other..THAT is what this industry is supposed to be about...you guys have another idea..

Rick Hinderer

Wow, so this has turned from let's destroy Mick's rep into let's throw Mick in jail?

Some of you people disgust me.

No....just answered a question. If that picture actually exists and was taken after 1998, then Mr. Strider is either EXTREMELY stupid or arrogant beyond all measuring. I don't like see many people get sent up the river, but if he gets popped for something like that, I won't be crying any tears because that would constitute a self-inflicted wound. I have no plans to call the U.S Attorney, but if he actually has been doing such things, he shouldn't be surprised if someone does.

Mr Hinderer, is it good for this industry to tolerate someone who uses deception to blow up their credentials? If you found out someone wasn't really an ABS mastersmith, but was touted as such would you be offended?

Do you really want to support someone that says that he was going to be sent in the US Army as punishment for a felony? Is that the message you are really trying to send here? That it's ok to refer to military service as an alternative to jail time? That personally insults the hell out of me, just speaking as a veteran. I'm proud of my service. I'd think that other tactical knifemakers would view the Military as an honorable choice as well.

Because if that is the position you are taking, then you are welcome to it. I will not argue with you. I just find it very interesting that Mick Strider is given a pass, and not held accountable for his words and deeds.

It is in all of our best interests to expose fakes. Period.

Goodnight folks, I have dinner waiting.

You know......we may want to ask ourselves...is bringing up up Mick Striders past for all to see good for the industry?...
Bringing up anyone's past is really only a concern for us if his past knifemaking dealings have lead to someone getting burned.

If I were to order a knife from dealer "X" and at the same time you knew that dealer "X" had not sent out some knives in the past when he was paied for them, THEN I think that is a good reason for you to go ahead and to bring up this part of his knife-history.

But I would not think that just because dealer "X" posted on this forum that he was a good family man and you knew that he was actually divorced that this was important to inform me about at all.

I really dont care if the guy who fixed my car or my truck was just as good of husband as he has claimed in conversations with his friends.
I only care that he fixed my car or truck correctly?

Greetings,

I will admit I skipped a page here and there b/c allot of the posts in this thread appear to be from 2-3 people and I don't have the time to read there back and forth comments.

I have owned a Strider or two over the years and found them to be nice knives. No one seems to be disagreeing with that. However I have read MANY posts over the years saying its about more than the knives. It's about the integrity of the maker as well. Allot of the folks I have seen post these exact sediments over the years make an appearance here posting what to me seems like defensively in regards to a figure they hold in high regard. This is hypocritical to say the least.

I will go a step further and say I have been made physically ill by reading how some folks can totally disregard the facts to blindly defend Mick here. Does he deserve loyal friends and fans? Absolutely, but when someone is wrong, there wrong. There is no defending or twisting the truth. I am sure Mick is a decent guy, a hell of a knife maker and fun to be around. But the fact remains that he has PURPOSELY and CONTINUALLY mislead people in regards to his military service.

I personally wouldn't have cared about his lack of "Black Ops" experience nor would I even care about his felony conviction for that matter. But IMO, the man has NO HONOR for continually misleading his friends, fans and the general public in regards to his military service. This would taint any future Strider purchase for me.

There is one part of this I personally do not understand and I am sure it is addressed in the posts I probably skipped. Mick was discharged after only 11 months of service. I understand that medical discharge procedures can take longer than his entire enlistment, but how did he get an honorable discharge after only serving a portion of his enlistment?

Be sure to get a receipt on those life lessons.

BLah blah blah Truncated...

Thanks for the SPAM.:D

Thats just rude. Hate on me all you want I don't care. But Josh held out a hand for a shake and you spit on it.

Josh, good to hear from you man.

Also last I checked, these aren't "charges" these are allegations. Seriously how gay would all this shite appear in front of a Court of Law. That would just be GREAT copy for all hands. Like I said, if parties were that certain, and that concerned about this subject; they should have made it count in formal channels, not layered it up on the net like a Poop Cake. This just stinks of a smear fest.

Hardheart, no need to apologize to anyone for your response to me. That is called a mature conversation bro.

Cougar, there were a few pics of Mick at a gun range posted a couple of years ago at USN. Mick had in his possesion a .45 auto and posing with a fan. If I remember, it was an indoor range and Mick had some of his fingers taped up on his shooting hand.

Absolutely WRONG!!
The picture was of Duane Dwyer. Got any more "facts"
72450137.jpg

I have to agree with Spark (among others) even if I do get called a sparkler or some such elsewhere.

An industry as close knit as this one with so many talented makers, so many colorful personalities and so many knife knuts and brand fanatics must be self policing especially when considering that knives are viewed as dangerous weapons first, last and nothing else by so much of the population.

You know......we may want to ask ourselves...is all this drama good for the industry?...is bringing up up Mick Striders past for all to see good for the industry?...we are supposed to be here because we enjoy knives.....its looks to me with all these posts on this thread and the very start of this thread that the only reason alot of people are here is to watch someone be humiliated and beaten down...who is a part of this industry we all supposively enjoy....think of that person who wants to collect knives and he hears about this forum for knife nuts called Bladeforums so he or she comes on over to see THIS...what the heck! Do you think he'll want to stay and be a part of the knife community?...I havent read all the posts but I've read enough to be absolutly disgusted...
So what exactly do you guys want to achieve?..Do you want to run Strider knives out of business?..after that then what?...who else do you want to try to ruin?..
All this is just very sad to see...

you know its interesting that alot of the more well known tactical makers support Strider knives....Emerson...Mayo....myself...Onion... We compete for sales yet we are friends and support each other..THAT is what this industry is supposed to be about...you guys have another idea..

Rick Hinderer

Rick....I may disagree with you on some points, but you do indirectly raise an interesting issue. Someone could use a post like this as ammunition against all makers of "evil assault knives" See? the have felons making these deadly weapons. Unfortunately, folks like that will find a story no matter what. In a previous post, I said that this was new to me. Unfortunately this situation has been ugly for a long time. From what I have read, I have to lay much the blame for much of it at Mr.Strider's feet. If Mick just said "i'm Mick, I make good knives,they have a great warranty, lots of soldiers, cops, etc, carry them and swear by them, would you like to buy one? " then he wouldn't have any of these problems.

Absolutely WRONG!!
The picture was of Duane Dwyer. Got any more "facts"
72450137.jpg

Well, then barring any further pictures, my legalese rambling is moot...withdrawn with the appropriate apology:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back