• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mick Strider has some explaining to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this is a 'facts' thread, I'll throw out two:

- I have talked to, sometimes regularly, 'highspeed/ operator/ special forces/ PMC/ Military(various branches) people on the phone, that said they were 'over there', which I'm sure a lot of you are wondering, "And HOW do you KNOW they are where they say they are?" Simple. When they give me their shipping address, it is in fact "over there", or C/O various 'highspeed/ operator/ special forces/ PMC/ Military(various branches)' companies, etc.

A few have mentioned Mick Strider, and NOT ONE of them has said anything negative. Ever. Sometimes I say we have a new Strider in, and sometimes the reply is, "Thanks, but I'm still using the one(s) (Mick)Strider gave me." Sometimes they just wanna shoot the $hit and knives come up at some point, and 9 times outta 10, it's a Strider, and sometimes they didn't even get it from us.

- Mick Strider attends the Best Ranger Competition. There's probably a lot of Rangers there, and if they were pissed because of his 'claims', I don't think they would let it ride at THEIR EVENT.

My .02:

It's a shame to see so much work/ energy/ enthusiasm put toward bringing one man down, no matter who it is.

There are plenty of facts out there to support Mick Strider, but NONE OF THEM ARE ANYONE'S BUSINESS.

EVERYTHING ABOUT ANY MAN IS NO ONE'S BUSINESS.

Might as well talk about Tom Cruise, Jennifer-Whatever, Brad Pitt and who they're going out with. Oh wait, we have the internet, so let's try and find nude pics of them too. Would you tell your Mom or Dad about any of that?

How many of us could look our Parent's in the eye and say something like, "Dad, today I dug up as much dirt as I could on a guy, and told everyone I could." My Dad would say something like... "You had nothing better to do with your time then dig for dirt?"

If Mick screwed you over in a knife deal, or you are an ARMY RANGER that has something to say, than speak up. Is anyone in this thread a RANGER?

When I first found Bladeforums, I thought I had found a good group of people, and there are still quite a few on here, but I can't believe something so obviously WRONG as this thread is on Bladeforums. It's a shame. I thought knife knuts were better than this.

Owned? :rolleyes:

Please.......:jerkit:

Hey whats this?

Boh-proof.jpg

Now is this really you?....Where's your honor?....Did you turn yourself in to into the DA as having been involved in criminal activity?....I mean come on?....Good for the goose good for the gander....Or are you just better than most people that you can just tell the law to " Bite Me"....Are you in the military?...Could this be a mark on a DD214?....If it happened in Washington, here's the code to give to the authorities so you look like you know what your doing....And if it didn't occur in Washington, please inform me the location of occurrence so I can find you the correct section....Honor/Integrity only for some but not for all....( For the purposes of Esniping, I am not stating that I have or do not have honor or integrity as defined in this forum)......

Boh-proof1.jpg

If Mick screwed you over in a knife deal, or you are an ARMY RANGER that has something to say, than speak up. Is anyone in this thread a RANGER?

Let’s see Mick has never sold me a bad knife.
I am an Army Ranger and have been to and successfully completed Ranger School.
I hate typing in paragraphs.

So far I have seen the owner of this forum and others post a lot of allegations. In court as I under stand it you have to prove the defendant guilty. I haven’t seen that here. They said Mick wasn’t a Ranger. The head of the 75th RRA said yes he was. I have a call in to him right now about how he was quoted on the POWNET site. Everyone said Mick stole a car. Well shit Mick has said that. Everyone said it was a violent crime, Mick said yes he had a gun but didn’t use it. Doesn’t matter to the cops they love to stack on charges. Anyone got statements from the car salesman’s that says otherwise. I admit I am curious of the whole Osman deal, what is never mentioned in any thing posted about that case, is what it is that Mick said to or about Osman. Do I know what Mick did from 86-93 or when ever, no. Does anyone here, what did LT’s super duper investigator have to say about that time frame. If you have gaping hole in someone’s life that nobody can find info on what does that suggest. I don’t know but I think if any of you could fill in that time frame you would do it in a second to provide some sort of PROOF for your allegations.

That and if all you people really gave a shit about this where was the hard questions about his past before he started making money?

I admit there are some things that on the surface look like they don’t add up, but as was told to me today by John Chester the secretary for the 75th RRA. If anyone listened to him and his friends talk about the shit they did no one believe them either.

So far I have seen the owner of this forum and others post a lot of allegations. In court as I under stand it you have to prove the defendant guilty. I haven’t seen that here. They said Mick wasn’t a Ranger. The head of the 75th RRA said yes he was. I have a call in to him right now about how he was quoted on the POWNET site. Everyone said Mick stole a car. Well shit Mick has said that. Everyone said it was a violent crime, Mick said yes he had a gun but didn’t use it. Doesn’t matter to the cops they love to stack on charges. Anyone got statements from the car salesman’s that says otherwise. I admit I am curious of the whole Osman deal, what is never mentioned in any thing posted about that case, is what it is that Mick said to or about Osman. Do I know what Mick did from 86-93 or when ever, no. Does anyone here, what did LT’s super duper investigator have to say about that time frame. If you have gaping hole in someone’s life that nobody can find info on what does that suggest. I don’t know but I think if any of you could fill in that time frame you would do it in a second to provide some sort of PROOF for your allegations.

That and if all you people really gave a shit about this where was the hard questions about his past before he started making money?

I admit there are some things that on the surface look like they don’t add up, but as was told to me today by John Chester the secretary for the 75th RRA. If anyone listened to him and his friends talk about the shit they did no one believe them either.

Right on Horned Toad. Thank you for Posting! :thumbup: :D

Someday when autos, one hand openers, double edge blades, balisongs, nail files and all other things sharp are made illegal or regulated into oblivion in this country a lot of hateful shit slingers on this thread are going to wish they had spent their time and their livelihood in more noble pursuits.....

Mr Hinderer, I'm running out the door for dinner, but I wanted to say this: you will never insult me by being honest. This was not spent digging up dirt just to trash Mick Strider. This was because Mick Strider makes claims that don't hold water, and nobody called him on it. If there was dirt to be found, in less than 4 days of open-source googling, I'm sorry but that isn't my fault.

The blame for his actions lies squarely on his shoulders, period. Nobody forced him to lie about Somalia as an alternative to prison. No one forced him to talk about Chris Osman, who sued him. No one forced him to carjack. No one forced him to go AWOL. No one forced him to post that he was a combat vet, or a secret operator. Those are all his doings, not mine. So please, don't blame me for being smart enough to recognize when someone is lying. I trust you would do the same if it was an issue you felt strongly over.

Have a good night folks.

And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.

This thread is really tearing down an industry that we support.Almost
all collectors who go to shows,post on many forums,and are known by our real names,will always support Strider knives.Same with most makers.
Spark,lock this stupid thread before BladeForums becomes a laughingstock.

So as a ranger you don't find it strange that an E-1 who was busted out with less than a year in and supposedly suffered a major spinal injury would be hired to lead others into combat as a contractor for the government to include setting equipment and ammo callout for the whole unit?

It has to be as a contractor as he didn't spend enough time in the service to do this while active.

The fact that he has dishonored the Ranger code and defiled what it stands for doesn’t bother you?

The fact that a week ago he said his plea deal to go to Somalia for a year (at the time we lost true heroes there) was nixed by a mean spirited prosecutor doesn’t seem odd to you?

Maybe being close to these types of groups you can tell us, do contractors regularly hire ex-cons who can't legally own or possess firearms and can't get security clearances to do spec ops for us?

From one vet to another thanks for your service.

This thread is really tearing down an industry that we support.Almost
all collectors who go to shows,post on many forums,and are known by our real names,will always support Strider knives.Same with most makers.
Spark,lock this stupid thread before BladeForums becomes a laughingstock.

Hear, hear...

Spot friggin on HaveBlue. Steel on Target.

Horned Toad, damn dude... damn. How many Rangers does it take to stop a riot? One Ranger and a phone call. ONE RIOT ONE RANGER! If I'm ever smuggling shit across on your watch I'll make sure to leave you a grid to your cut of the stash... I swear :D

Bohica:foot: , your timing sucks dude. You have the bob-n-weave down, but you are weavin into the punches man. Go put some ice on that before people think you got ass implants.

Boats your assertions that Striders aren't used by HSLD types is a bunch of hooey. Sure there is a large market that pays those (inflated) prices, read retail prices. Yes it is a lot of dollars for a blade, and as it's been mentioned before cost of materials is a huge factor. Bigger manufacturers can get away with lower retail pricing because they buy the same steels in larger quantities at lower prices. That and its a well known thing, that the civilian customer pays a bit more that offsets the volume of blades produced for the mil-end users at a lower price.

Horned Toad, damn dude... damn. How many Rangers does it take to stop a riot? One Ranger and a phone call. ONE RIOT ONE RANGER! If I'm ever smuggling shit across on your watch I'll make sure to leave you a grid to your cut of the stash... I swear :D

Bohica:foot: , your timing sucks dude. You have the bob-n-weave down, but you are weavin into the punches man. Go put some ice on that before people think you got ass implants.

Boats your assertions that Striders aren't used by HSLD types is a bunch of hooey. Sure there is a large market that pays those (inflated) prices, read retail prices. Yes it is a lot of dollars for a blade, and as it's been mentioned before cost of materials is a huge factor. Bigger manufacturers can get away with lower retail pricing because they buy the same steels in larger quantities at lower prices. That and its a well known thing, that the civilian customer pays a bit more that offsets the volume of blades produced for the mil-end users at a lower price.

Ummmmm....the cost of materials are not a big factor. Someone here or the other Strider thread quoted the price for S30V and it it wasn't all that much. What does paracord and fiberglass cost? How about Kydex? Or blade coatings?My materials generally cost a LOT more per knife. The bowie that I am currenly aking, which will be rather plain, may end up having as much as $60 in materials if i use this piece of ironwood that I have been saving. This does not include the cost of consumables such as belts and sandpaper, etc. It also doesn't include the $80-120 that I may sheel out to Kenny Rowe for a sheath. Strider gets what the market will bear for his knives and probably doesn't have much more that $15-20 in materiels in an average knife. One of the bones of contention is HOW he created that demand.

I will admit I brought this trouble upon myself. :foot:

But, unlike Mick Strider, I don't have others do the fighting for me. It IS a painful pill for me to swallow, so be it. :(

It's obvious that Mick will not answer to his fabricated web of lies and deceit. He has shamed the honor of the armed forces, especially the Army and the Rangers. :mad:

Some will never understand what REAL combat is like, and the toll it takes on the survivors. I watched my uncle drink himself to death in 1973 after he retired from the Army (16 years), and the Marines (4 years). He was in Korea in 1952 and his platoon (?) was surrounded and cut off by the North Koreans on some forgotten hill. They ended up calling artillery down upon themselves. The barrage, from what I was told, was extensive. His Flack jacket was shredded and he was wounded serverly in his back.

My other uncle was in Vietnam, and later, in Iran. He never told me of any experiences except Iran. I found out some things 20 years later about the Vietnam "involvement".

Two other uncles that were in WWII survived Kamakaze attacks in the Pacific Theatre, a third uncle (great uncle) died when the USS Flier (sub) struck a mine and sank.

My uncles to me, are true heros. Not some wannabe with "spiders" in his head who claims to "have seen the elephant" with mabe 11 months of service.

An old vet told me that "guys who say they were there, were not; and guys who were there, won't". These words still ring in my ears to this day.

Nowadays, it seems that special forces are held up above all others by people who do not understand. Cooks, storekeepers, yeomen, fuelers, etc., etc., etc., all play an integral part too. It may not be flashy or movie material, but the SEALs cannot "operate" without the support of these servicemen and service women, day in and day out. A very thankless job, if I may add.

A poser to me, basically pisses on everybody who has worn a uniform. They all have served with HONOR and individuals like Mick has stolen that from them. Since he cannot cowboy up and defend himself like a MAN, so be it.

Goodnight

--Don

If Mick Strider had a few better friends, and a lot fewer fawning ass-kissers, one or two of them might have squared with him long before any of this crap started and he'd have been spared all of the dirty laundry.

I've now been banned from badlands, surprise of surprises, but Mick likes to formulate his adult life as:

Army-Prison-Knives

Even today, he was intimating that he "knows things" and he "can't tell" people about where he picked it up.

It's probably best for him that he's giving up the internet for awhile. He's an impassable liar.

I don't give a goddamn that he went to prison. The real formulation he doesn't own up to---EVER--goes more something like this:

School-->abbreviated tour of duty-->dirtbag era covered by stupid secret squirrel bullshit hints and tales-->prison-->knives marketed with yet more stupid secret squirrel bullshit tales-->industrial fame-->minor exposure as a career poser with knife making talent-->self-pitying victimhood bullshit while still hinting at stupid secret squirrel knowledge.

Yep, he could have used some better friends with better bullshit detectors starting about seven years ago.

Dude needed an intervention on his pathological lying and he still isn't getting one from his "bros."

I would expect my brother to tell me when I making a mess of my life, long before strangers got their shots in.

Y'all keep trying to make this about "traitors to the industry" or whatever US versus THEM tale you need to keep on keeping on.

Only using Mr. Hinderer as an example, I love the XM-18. It stands on its own merits as a testament to superior art and craftsmanship.

If you started spinning BS on the internet and the knife press that your ideas for the XM-18 came to you in the middle of the night, back when you were stalking Slobodan Milosevich on an international arrest warrant, what would that crap possibly add but a major hit to your overall credibility and integrity?

Unsupportable secret squirrel bullshit is just as harmful to "the industry" as is anything going on in this thread exposing such.

Some plastic, some Titanium (the most expensive part) some steel, and some screws... WOW thats high priced! and were talking about 12 or so ounces of materials. Stirider even uses plastic hardware for the screws to go into on the other side of the handle. Their not the most expensive knives ive seen (material wise).

Striders are over priced but so is everything else.

Strider Knives has made alot of people alot of money. Look at TAD gear, They talk shit up on the forums then people go spend tons of money for the "tactical gear" thats really just mall rated crap.

While I don't think a lil bit of thread drift can be damned considering the length of this thread, comments on the construction and pricing of Strider knives definitely does not need to be brought up here. There is, in fact, another active thread on the GB&U discussing that. Let's not muddy the mud, or something.

thx, bb, I was out of line with you earlier:foot:

Some plastic, some Titanium (the most expensive part) some steel, and some screws... WOW thats high priced! and were talking about 12 or so ounces of materials. Stirider even uses plastic hardware for the screws to go into on the other side of the handle. Their not the most expensive knives ive seen (material wise).

Striders are over priced but so is everything else.

Strider Knives has made alot of people alot of money. Look at TAD gear, They talk shit up on the forums then people go spend tons of money for the "tactical gear" thats really just mall rated crap.

Hey buckaroo, why don't you head on down to Tad and tell them that. I have never met braver souls than on the internet.

Mall rated crap?? Like your Spyderman underoos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back