Money Back Option if the HEST Folder does not ship as per countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's touchier than a Vatican summer camp in here.

Some of you seem like you'd be more at home watching the View, or shopping for Monistat than being in a knife forum.

Neither Jeff nor Robert has ever put out a crappy product and I don't think they will in the future.

If either of them do, we'll all stop buying their junk.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Please refrain from mentioning Jeff and Robert's junk. I've already been traumatized by mention elsewhere of ESEE possibly having sex with its partners. :p

Go play with the kids, drink a beer, watch the fruit trees grow...do something that's more important than worrying about whether ESEE is having sex with its partners.

Last edited:
Like I said Adaman, I don't want unhappy customers and we are in this for the long run. Gianni and I update people on a weekly basis with actual photos of the production so I don't really know anyone that is that transparent and in sync. Deliver has been targeted for Christmas so once again we are working 24/7 towards that goal. I don't run the entire world so shit happens. When it does you will read it here first. You can't ask for much more than that.

And as I have said...and done... before we want 100% satisfaction in this process

I have not made any "big ball" statements..only deeds. :)

Sorry, RYP “big-ball statements” being customers who are going to cancel orders and or string you up if the knife isn’t here when the clock strikes midnight. I should have reread and clarified that.

RYP and ESEE have never done anything to come off as anything other than stand-up people making good products with good customer service. People need stuff to bitch about and this is just the flavor of the day. A knife being made right by a good company, being shipped over the ocean, clearing customs and then being distributed all over the country is not always a clock strikes midnight kind of deal.

Most will understand, some won’t. There are 10 in line for every foot-stomper, ready to buy their knife if they cancel their order.

As of last week I put my name on the preorder list for the Folding Hest with a distributor. I wont get a LE one but want one! I have not been billed so please place me on the list for a LE edition, (sterile version). I trust it will be a fantastic knife. Email sent requesting LE waiting list. Thanks!

Last edited:
I am just happy knowing that these knives are almost ready. I don't care who makes them, I just like the style of the knife and how it is being built.

At least this made for some interesting reading today.

people need to calm down. it's a knife being made by hand in another country.

some people need to get a grip on reality.

i manufacture overseas. most times things don't go as planned for one reason or another. delays shipping, delays at customs, delays at the rail yard. shit happens, deal with it.

If the worst thing to happen to you today is your folder will be later than you expected it is a good day.

Last edited:
WTF is up with the ESEE cult mentality :confused:?...Its getting way too much! Most of their followers are good guys, but compared to the other brands, theyve got unusually many rabid, foam-at-the-mouth, irrational, fanatic members.

Uh oh, the countdown is gone, probably without falcor knowing about it, prepare for another tantrum.

Damn.....
popcorn-eating-smile.gif
... what's the big deal???? :D:D

Some of this is pathetically comical, IMO of course.

Congrats ESEE & DPX best of luck and continued success to all..... :thumbup:

Jeff & RYP, your both are class acts and I appreciate how each of you lay things on the line. If one but reads, listens, and pays attention to what you say... things are crystal clear and there is no misunderstanding.

Thanks to both of you..... seriously. ;)

Last edited:
"Sorry, RYP “big-ball statements” being customers who are going to cancel orders and or string you up if the knife isn’t here when the clock strikes midnight. I should have reread and clarified that."

Appreciate that. We are normal folks with good intentions. Shit happens, we deal it with on a professional level and are held accountable.

I looked at the countdown timer once when someone mentioned it and thought "heh, that's cool.." and moved on. I in no way took it as scripture, I'm surprised this guy Falcor thought that's when he was going to receive the knife, or tracking number, or personalized text message from Robert. Maybe I shoulden't be surprised..

I think everyone should work a year (or three) in a manufacturing plant at some point in their lives. Nothing is written in stone. That said, I trust the people behind this HEST folder to do their best to get it in our hands when it's good and ready.

First off, I'm glad the op is getting his money back regardless of whether he wants it or not. Second, Jeff is just a man like anybody else. I've never been a name dropper, so whether he gets pissed off or not, who cares? For ESEE to dropout this project just days before release, in my oppinion is pretty chickenshit to say the least. Professional courteous mentality would have been to wait until after release. This definately hurt RYP in some way shape or form. A duel on Mainstreet? Grow up man.

Holy Shit! This is GREAT!
Jeff-Thanks for sticking up for a good company!:D

RYP- Thanks for starting a good company!:D

That being said, when can I have my knife?;)

I think it is awesome being involved in something so personal to the people manufacturing it. Thank you Jeff and RYP for your commitment to making great products and keeping your customers happy.:cool:

First off, I'm glad the op is getting his money back regardless of whether he wants it or not. Second, Jeff is just a man like anybody else. I've never been a name dropper, so whether he gets pissed off or not, who cares? For ESEE to dropout this project just days before release, in my oppinion is pretty chickenshit to say the least. Professional courteous mentality would have been to wait until after release. This definately hurt RYP in some way shape or form. A duel on Mainstreet? Grow up man.

This sounded like a mutual decision between ESEE & RYP. Have you not read this whole thread.

People could wait for YEARS for a Randall but not a HEST?

It's not like RYP or Jeff owes you a favor. It's going to be there anytime soon.
You aren't the only one who ordered it from SEA.

Someone who got your number will APPRECIATE the goodness and integrity of a company living by their words.
For RYP to get off the dirt of battles to post pics and take in craps of the doubters y'all need to appreciate his effort in doing so. Don't think you could do the same.He made my day and my computer happy with the new wallpaper of the production pics. I could swear my Mr.DP will be treasured.

For the split Jeff's totally cool about it.It's business not personal.

Let's not get all rowdy. You don't have to be HOSTILE to own a Hostile Environment Survival Tool.:D

Since you most likely obviously have no earthly idea at all what you are even talking about.... take your own advice. Grow up.... ;)

RYP - please provide a quick option for a refund should my HEST LE folders not ship as per the current countdown - I expect my folders to be shipped with tracking numbers no later than 3 days 22 hours from this post. When I say shipped, I mean exactly that - not some computer generated USPS number you get from the Internet, but an actual confirmation from USPS/courier that the item has been received for shipping - 3 days 22 hours.

Kindly note that you reset the clock without informing me or asking my permission for the delay, and I will not hesitate to take the matter to Pay Pal should the folders not ship as shown. In fact I still may.

I am posting this here as a matter of public record.

If in the meantime, anyone wants numbers 33 and/or 80, you are welcome to them. Just PM me to sort out the details.
LightenUpFrancis.jpg

Dude, the warranty was never made clear, Period!

From eseeknives.com: "The DPx H•E•S•T Folder is designed and made for hard use in hostile conditions with the ESEE lifetime warranty. "

dpxgear.com: "No-Questions-Asked,Registered Owner,Lifetime Warranty"

"The DPx H•E•S•T Folder is designed and made for hard use in hostile conditions with a lifetime warranty to registered owners."

Knifeworks: "The DPx H•E•S•T Folder is designed and made for hard use in hostile conditions with the ESEE lifetime warranty."

TKC: "The DPx HEST Folder is designed and made for hard use in hostile conditions with the ESEE no questions asked, lifetime warranty to registered owners."

1sks.com: "The DPx H•E•S•T Folder is designed and made for hard use in hostile conditions with the ESEE lifetime warranty."

"No-Questions-Asked, Registered Owner, Lifetime Warranty"

It's touchier than a Vatican summer camp in here.

Some of you seem like you'd be more at home watching the View, or shopping for Monistat than being in a knife forum.

Neither Jeff nor Robert has ever put out a crappy product and I don't think they will in the future.

lmao expatriated i am quoting you in my sig line. that first part about the vatican is hilarious, i don't care who you are.

From eseeknives.com: "The DPx H•E•S•T Folder is designed and made for hard use in hostile conditions with the ESEE lifetime warranty. "

dpxgear.com: "No-Questions-Asked,Registered Owner,Lifetime Warranty"

"The DPx H•E•S•T Folder is designed and made for hard use in hostile conditions with a lifetime warranty to registered owners."

Knifeworks: "The DPx H•E•S•T Folder is designed and made for hard use in hostile conditions with the ESEE lifetime warranty."

TKC: "The DPx HEST Folder is designed and made for hard use in hostile conditions with the ESEE no questions asked, lifetime warranty to registered owners."

1sks.com: "The DPx H•E•S•T Folder is designed and made for hard use in hostile conditions with the ESEE lifetime warranty."

"No-Questions-Asked, Registered Owner, Lifetime Warranty"

hadn't see the warranty on the eseeknives.com

on all the sites selling the hest folder though thats all them esee or dpx dosn't right those folks adds. many of them have faulty info or even the wrong names of the companies.

take it easy
cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back