Money Back Option if the HEST Folder does not ship as per countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF is up with the ESEE cult mentality :confused:?...Its getting way too much! Most of their followers are good guys, but compared to the other brands, theyve got unusually many rabid, foam-at-the-mouth, irrational, fanatic members.

I agree.

RYP no disrespect in anything I said earlier, but I don't know you, I don't know your company, and I just don't know how you do business. I have never spoken to you, and last post I saw you were not ever listed as a dealer. The fact that Jeff vouches you is great, but it does not mean anything to me. We all are accountable for our own actions, and our actions are ours alone.

I think everyone needs to simmer down. The insults do nothing productive for RYP, ESEE, Bladeforums, or its members.

although as i think about it and mat_890s apparent anger dpx is still giving a lifetime warranty to original purchasers of the hest le folder from what i've read. a knife made by lionsteel who have a great rep and promoted by ryp who also has a great rep. really is the knife suddenly worth a penny less than it was yesterday just because the distributer is different?

we still get a great quality knife at a very affordable price point.

take it easy
cricket

I agree.

RYP no disrespect in anything I said earlier, but I don't know you, I don't know your company, and I just don't know how you do business. I have never spoken to you, and last post I saw you were not ever listed as a dealer. The fact that Jeff vouches you is great, but it does not mean anything to me. We all are accountable for our own actions, and our actions are ours alone.

I think everyone needs to simmer down. The insults do nothing productive for RYP, ESEE, Bladeforums, or its members.

How's that check with all your family members going?

Me personally, none. But I'm worried I'm going to wake up on Dec 25 and find one or at least a order confirmation . Please take the time to think about how your actions effect others. I have to go around and make sure a family member has NOT pre-ordered me one.

How's that check with all your family members going?

Not good, but whats it like to eat your words?

Looks to me like those quotes were taken from ESEE's own literature
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8448954&postcount=1

Let me get this straight. There is a person complaining about a warranty that is not under question regarding a knife he didn't order, but that might have been ordered

Happy to clarify some of the above comments

- In no way, shape or form will DPx Gear make its reputation by stepping on the heads of other manufacturers or people in the knife business. Mat google my name. I am not a knife dealer nor do I make any claims to be anything than a seasoned developer of products and a ridden hard, put away wet, user of hard goods in bad places.

- Our warranty is based on what I want as a customer and as a manufacturer. Warranty for anything I make or sell? A no bullshit/no questions asked/ fix or replace guarantee. Period. I know ESEE was spending a lot of time asking people what they wanted for the HEST warranty but things are different now. I don't have time to be anything than stone cold simple in our warranty service. Only great knives and happy customers. Anything else is a waste of my and your time.

- Jeff is a friend, he makes good stuff and is an honorable person. He also is a cranky fucker who likes things his own way. I am a guy that likes to do things his own way and I don't get cranky I just cut trail. We are going our separate ways because where I am going is not where Jeff wants to go and Jeff likes where he is and thats all good. That's kinda all you need to know to understand both of us. But that has nothing to do with his company or my company. It made sense to work together in the beginning and now we are spreading our wings.

It has nothing to do with our respective businesses and I encourage everyone to buy his knives and wonder who the fuck cuts his hair.

Not good, but whats it like to eat your words?

It REALLY IS touchier than a Vatican summer camp in here. :p

Just a few posts ago, I remember someone recommending that we all simmer down. :D

Happy to clarify some of the above comments

- In no way, shape or form will DPx Gear make its reputation by stepping on the heads of other manufacturers or people in the knife business. Mat google my name. I am not a knife dealer nor do I make any claims to be anything than a seasoned developer of products and a ridden hard, put away wet, user of hard goods in bad places.

- Our warranty is based on what I want as a customer and as a manufacturer. Warranty for anything I make or sell? A no bullshit/no questions asked/ fix or replace guarantee. Period. I know ESEE was spending a lot of time asking people what they wanted for the HEST warranty but things are different now. I don't have time to be anything than stone cold simple in our warranty service. Only great knives and happy customers. Anything else is a waste of my and your time.

I am very satisfied thanks. :thumbup:

It REALLY IS touchier than a Vatican summer camp in here. :p

Just a few posts ago, I remember someone recommending that we all simmer down. :D

Your a pro at baiting people, and I think you know it.

After threading these posts, am i the only one who think that all the whining was just about the lower re-sale value (From ESEE to Dpx?)?

Just like the jibber-jabbering of the knife notch and everyone beg to see RYP's tested HEST. Has anyone here busted the knife to the max other than Robert or probably Randall?

If i whacked the knife responsibly (and not expect the folder to stop any missiles attack) and broke it, i would be worried to sell it.
Doubtfully with such thick D2 blade and Lionsteel's Rotolock.

A knife made by lionsteel who have a great rep and promoted by ryp who also has a great rep. really is the knife suddenly worth a penny less than it was yesterday just because the distributer is different?

Truth! :thumbup:

He also is a cranky fucker who likes things his own way.

Fo real!

RYP - lots of good info here.. and lots of pointless bickering.. I say we lock this thread before it becomes even worse bedlam.

Perhaps starting a sticky with a FAQ stating your warranty (for both LE and prod) and whatever else seems to be an issue here would be a better use of space than arguing with people how have already made up their minds without even holding it in hand. I bought an LE because Lionsteel has a great reputation, and Jeff backs you, that's all I needed to know. That and how could Mr. Comebackalive/RYP/Dangerous places put his name (and branding) on a half assed product? It'd be foolish of him as a person and businessman.

I am very satisfied thanks. :thumbup:

Your a pro at baiting people, and I think you know it.

I honestly don't care to bait you. I would like you to take a step back and think about the ridiculousness of what you posted earlier. You lit into ESEE like there was no tomorrow and then admitted publicly that you don't even have a knife on order, all the while chastising ESEE about how their actions affect others. Seems to me you've been revving your engine without a spot in the race. I'm not alone in seeing your position as untenable. You may not know it, but your post above has already been "called into question" (I'm being nice) in a number of other places here at Bladeforums. Like Jeff posted earlier, instead of getting all bent out of shape over nothing, some folks might benefit from some fruit tree watching.

I honestly don't care to bait you. I would like you to take a step back and think about the ridiculousness of what you posted earlier. You lit into ESEE like there was no tomorrow and then admitted publicly that you don't even have a knife on order, all the while chastising ESEE about how their actions affect others. I'm not alone in seeing your position as untenable. You may not know it, but your post above has already been "called into question" (I'm being nice) in a number of other places here at Bladeforums. Like Jeff posted earlier, some folks (I'm thinking of you) might benefit from watching some fruit trees rather than revving your engines when you really have no car in the race.

Don't care to bait me? Ok.

Since I can see your trying to be civil I can take a step back and admit I got really angry really quick. Can you take a step back and see that Jeff forgot about his other postings about the folder that lead to MUCH confusion? Can you see how bizarre it is for a company to split a week before its released? You may not know it but ESEE superfans (I mean people like you) have a rep around bladeforums too. If I were worried about how I look, I would join the ESEE pack, display it in my location/sig, and defend tooth and nail the interests of a company I have no affiliation to.

Edit: Honestly if I had lied about ordering a knife would that have changed anything? I have no intention of being a liar in the interweb but I suppose I could have.

2nd Edit: Can you really not see that before Christmas this knife might get to people who don't frequent bladeforums, or ordered by family member who would not be keeping up to date.

Last edited:
Since I can see your trying to be civil I can take a step back and admit I got really angry really quick. Can you take a step back and see that Jeff forgot about his other postings about the folder that lead to MUCH confusion? Can you see how bizarre it is for a company to split a week before its released? You may not know it but ESEE superfans (i mean people like you) have a rep around bladeforums too. If I were worried about how I look, I would join the ESEE pack, display it in my location/sig, and defend tooth and nail the interests of a company I have no affiliation too.

Why do you care? Are you on retainer as an ESEE or DPx consultant?
And thanks. That's the first time I've been called an ESEE superfan. Maybe Jeff will send me a free knife. :D

Hang on, hang on... I've been saving my Super Signature for a moment just like this one...

SuperSignature.jpg

Why do you care? Are you on retainer as an ESEE or DPx consultant?

+1. Jeebus, what's with all the hobbyist whiners lately? The knife is being made by the same people, shipping at the same time, arriving with the same specs, and carrying the same freakin' warranty. And on that note, you're not even buying one. Some people seriously need to pull the sticks out of their asses and find something better to do than play interweb debater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back