Money Back Option if the HEST Folder does not ship as per countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need the Complainer Special Edition of the folder. Instead of Mr.DP, there's a crying baby engraved on it.:D

I hope for the two companies involved, that the split-up was as friendly as they make it seem. The official language does not always reflect reality.
I can certainly understand some of the anger displayed here.
Honestly, did you think that the HEST F was an ESEE product? I certainly did.
I'm sure, they way it was presented and promoted the last weeks, made most of us believe it was an ESEE product.
Jeff and ESEE did the best to build up a strong and loyal fan base (rat pack numbers, contests for members and so on), and have repeatedly shown an outstanding service.
With that in mind, we were very positive towards the new folder. And Jeff did his best to promote the knife and put his excellent reputation into the run.
Now, suddenly it not an ESEE product at all. Maybe it never was, but if so, that was not very clear. So can can understand the disappointment.

I wish all the best to DPX Gear. I guess you still have to earn your reputation in the cutlery business, but it seems your starting with a good product.
Let's see what time brings.

this might be a silly question ... how much is the LE hest folder selling for ? How much is the non LE selling for?

Honestly, did you think that the HEST F was an ESEE product? I certainly did.
I'm sure, they way it was presented and promoted the last weeks, made most of us believe it was an ESEE product.
Honestly, at no time did I ever think the HEST/F was an ESEE product.

It has been made crystal clear from the start, and on numerous occasions since; that it was not.

It was stated from the beginning that the LE would be distributed by DPX and that the "regular" model would be distributed for DPX through the ESEE dealer network.

That can be easily verified by reading through the back log of threads and posts about the HEST/F.

Honestly, at no time did I ever think the HEST/F was an ESEE product.

It has been made crystal clear from the start, and on numerous occasions since; that it was not.

It was stated from the beginning that the LE would be distributed by DPX and that the "regular" model would be distributed for DPX through the ESEE dealer network.

That can be easily verified by reading through the back log of threads and posts about the HEST/F.

Obviously, I missed that. My mistake.

These type of threads, with threats of action if an item is not delivered by a specific date and time are insane. Try pre-ordering a Benchmade and waiting 9 months after the original release date to get it. The OP is obviously a whiner, and deserves what he gets. Hopefully nothing. Leave the Hest/F for someone who deserves and appreciates the great deal they are getting.

My understanding from the time the original Hest was offered until now, is that ESEE & DPX were seperate entities. RYP has gone out of his way to offer us, the loyal fans a great price on a special knife. There are very few companies who can or will offer a titanium frame lock of this quality at this price point.

Personally, I'm never happy when a knife is delayed, but whining and threatening when it happens doesn't do anyone any good. It is threads like this that make manufacturers never offer deals like this again. Think back to the Rat Pack knife offering. It didn't even take a month, and Jeff was swearing never to offer anyone a deal like that again. Back off, give them some time, and it will be delivered. Hopefully by Christmas, but if not then we get it when we get it.

The production shots look very good. I can't wait to see the finished product. RYP has my support, now and in the future.

Best, Les.

Just for the record, there was some confusion on the warranty to start with. DPx had posted a lifetime no questions asked warranty on their web site. We came back and said we would not do that on a folder since it has moving parts and the lock will eventually wear. We EXPLAINED all of that and the confusion in several threads on the ESEE forum. ESEE will never warranty a folder "no questions aked." Period. DPx might indeed do that and more power to them if they do.

I know I've been carrying and testing the HEST folder prototype for a couple of weeks now and it is the toughest folder I've ever used. The lock is bulletproof and I doubt it will ever wear out. But there is still moving parts and the ability to disassemble it, so you can bet someone will screw it up then want a replacement.

As for the rest of this bullshit on this thread, here's the bottom line: RYP is a good man. DPx is a great company. ESEE and myself (personally) FIRMLY supports both the company and the man behind it. The separation was a beneficial move for both of our companies, nothing more. If anyone wants to believe anything else, then be a dipshit and conjure up anything you want in your mind. Still doesn't change the fact that the two companies and personalities behind them like and suuport each other.

ESEE has one of the most popular manufcaturer's forums on BladeForums. We have a huge following and we appreciate each and every one of our customers. I will make this prediction though: DPx is going to become one of the biggest manufacturer forums on Baldeforums in the near future. This company is going places and we are proud to see that becasue they are not your normal, typical old boring knife company that follows the industry standards and rules - neither is ESEE. Fuck the industry standard and the bullshit associated with it. If you don't like RYP's style or product then don't buy it and stay off the forum. Same with ESEE. If you don't like our decisions or the way we run our company, then buy knives from someone else and hang out on someone else's forum.

BTW: I cut my own hair, RYP!

The DPx HEST Folder was always promised for shipment mid December. The LE's begin shipping from the factory next week, the regular run shortly thereafter to dealers. From there its up to the dealer how he/she runs their business.

Where in any of that is the product being "late"? Damn..:)))

Just for the record, there was some confusion on the warranty to start with. DPx had posted a lifetime no questions asked warranty on their web site. We came back and said we would not do that on a folder since it has moving parts and the lock will eventually wear. We EXPLAINED all of that and the confusion in several threads on the ESEE forum. ESEE will never warranty a folder "no questions aked." Period. DPx might indeed do that and more power to them if they do.

Then why was it on your website as well, and why is it STILL on your website? This is the part that irks me, you changed your mind on the warranty months ago and never changed any of your literature. I'm sure not everybody who bought a knife is on this board.

http://www.eseeknives.com/hest_folder.htm

The DPx H•E•S•T Folder is designed and made for hard use in hostile conditions with the ESEE lifetime warranty.

The DPx HEST Folder was always promised for shipment mid December. The LE's begin shipping from the factory next week, the regular run shortly thereafter to dealers. From there its up to the dealer how he/she runs their business.

Where in any of that is the product being "late"? Damn..:)))

RYP, you didn't answer my question earlier. Will the LE folders be shipping from Canada or the U.S.? I didn't go for an LE earlier because I refuse to import a folder. I don't want to risk the CBSA a-holes seizing it on me. But if you're shipping from Canada, I may have to reconsider.

Then why was it on your website as well, and why is it STILL on your website? This is the part that irks me, you changed your mind on the warranty months ago and never changed any of your literature. I'm sure not everybody who bought a knife is on this board.

Just Damn! BECAUSE IT IS GOING TO HAVE A LIFETIME WARRANTY!!!! Damn, damn, and double damn! We have never deviated from the lifetime warranty part. We ONLY deviated from a NO QUESTIONS ASKED warranty! DPx website orginally had a no questions asked warranty on their literature. We would not go along with that but we NEVER said we would not have a lifetime warranty, even though we explored other warranty options within some of the threads (including no lifetime warranty).

The ONLY thing that has changed is where the folders are shipping from to the dealers and who is placing the warranty on the knife. I do need to change that page NOW because of the split but otherwise the literature on our web site has NEVER been miselading. Lifetime has nothing to do with no questions asked.

I'm sure not everybody who bought a knife is on this board.

Then those not on this board would never have known what the warranty was. Period. Excpet for a lifetime warrnaty as stated on our web site (WHICH WE HAVE NEVER DECIDED TO CHANGE). If a dealer posts up NO QUESTIONS ASKED warranty then they are the one who is misleading the public because we never wrote the warranty or told any dealer what the warranty would be. That was a work in progress, but again, it was going to be lieftime and probably exclude wear and tear on the lock, blade coating, etc. We cannot be repsonsible for what our dealers say if we didn't tell them to say it. Like I posted previously, we still have dealers that haven't changed the name on their sites to ESEE from RAT CUTLERY after we have begged them several times to do it.

I guess when I moved this thread from the ESEE sub forum section to the DPX, I should of closed it and let RYP handle OP in an Email /PM

My Bad ! what a train wreck & plenty of bodies strolled about

RYP, you didn't answer my question earlier. Will the LE folders be shipping from Canada or the U.S.? I didn't go for an LE earlier because I refuse to import a folder. I don't want to risk the CBSA a-holes seizing it on me. But if you're shipping from Canada, I may have to reconsider.

:confused: Shipping from Canada? What? Why would a Italian made folder, designed by an American company ship from Canada? Unless I'm missing something, this doesn't make a lot of sense. In any case, what does it have to do with this trainwreck thread anyway?

I guess when I moved this thread from the ESEE sub forum section to the DPX, I should of closed it and let RYP handle OP in an Email /PM

My Bad ! what a train wreck & plenty of bodies strolled about

Train wrecks with mangled bodies are fun to take pictures of though!

:confused: Shipping from Canada? What? Why would a Italian made folder, designed by an American company ship from Canada? Unless I'm missing something, this doesn't make a lot of sense. In any case, what does it have to do with this trainwreck thread anyway?

RYP is Canadian and the contact info for comebackalive.com is in Toronto. I couldn't find any contact info on dpxgear, and was wondering if it was in Toronto as well.

Where is the close thread feature on this disaster of a thread.

I think all of the information has been covered, allthough some with comprehension problems don't get it and never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back