• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

My experience with Ann_Dem

Wow.:eek: Someone should write a book about this thread.:D :thumbup: :thumbup: Two thumbs way up to everyone who helped solve this mystery.:D GigOne you're awesome.

Respect for GIGONE,one is never too old to learn that things are not allways what they look.My excuses for being oldfashioned and believing that honesty is a part of us human beings.

This is curious. The thread on BF shows that this was purchased by LRJ35A who received it by 11/24/2006. The knife was supposedly sold on ebay on August 22, 2006 and it was listed here by ann_dem the following day.

Great job, Gigone.

This is curious. The thread on BF shows that this was purchased by LRJ35A who received it by 11/24/2006. The knife was supposedly sold on ebay on August 22, 2006 and it was listed here by ann_dem the following day.

Great job, Gigone.

the reserve was not met in that auction.

Great job Gig! Thank you!
Now that he/she/it is banned can the for sale listings by ann_dem be closed or deleted to avoid anyone else getting taken?
(sorry if this was discussed already) this was a long thread to read 100%.

Gig,Thanks for all the work you did on this.As one could see in my post about Ann-dem,I suspected she was actually Vlad.No actually, I was convinced right from the begining,just been around the block a few many times not to see the obviousness of the scam. I knew if someone did some digging they would pretty easily come up with some proof.Not to rub Ann-dem supporters nose in it,but some of us were trying to tell you directly and indirectly.
You came in these threads and scolded those of us trying to confront her/him.
Well, I hope everyone learned a good lesson from this experience,never underestimate the balls on some of these thieving scumbags.Like most criminals though,they usually don't cover up their tracks well enough as they might think.Bottom line is,it's an unfortunate sad situation for the whole knife community,both the original victims and subsequent buyers of these items.

Great job Gig! Thank you!
Now that he/she/it is banned can the for sale listings by ann_dem be closed or deleted to avoid anyone else getting taken?
(sorry if this was discussed already) this was a long thread to read 100%.

The Mod's won't delete threads. They may be willing to move the the threads to the Mod Forum. :D

If you would like. . . . .make a post ("Don't deal with ann_dem !") and then cut and paste a link to this thread.

The Mod's won't delete threads. They may be willing to move the the threads to the Mod Forum. :D

If you would like. . . . .make a post ("Don't deal with ann_dem !") and then cut and paste a link to this thread.

If I can do that without the mods giving me grief, I think I (we) should!
I see there are a couple in the buck sale thread... :D

Thanks again for the great detective work!!!

If I can do that without the mods giving me grief, I think I (we) should!
I see there are a couple in the buck sale thread... :D

Thanks again for the great detective work!!!

I sent Bastid a PM asking.

You're right, I would hate to see someone that's not informed get hosed at this point.

Hell, ann_dem / Vlad knows that their account is locked down. Prime opportunity to lash out.

I sent Bastid a PM asking.

You're right, I would hate to see someone that's not informed get hosed at this point.

Hell, ann_dem / Vlad knows that their account is locked down. Prime opportunity to lash out.

Thank you very much. I will keep an eye out for an answer!
Good luck Gents!

Yup one of the worst things that could happen at this point would be for others to deal with them.

At the same time about the only thing we edit around here (outside of the private manufacturing forums is bad language and spam.)

Might not be a good think to delete those ads anyway, might make the people who have stolen knives outstanding from that prick harder to find the items.

Myself and another member who went about it wrong warned you all a good while back that Ann_dem was Vlad, but were told, no she's not she's doing great not scamming anyone.

I would like to be able to scan "her" old posts for my scammed knives. Also if someone could give me links to other forums where Vlad is selling knives it would be appreciated.

That was detective work worthy of Sherlock Holmes. Sit back and light up your calabash pipe -- you've earned it!

Damn Jeff!!!! That was better than Sherlock holmes, that was JOHN Holmes quality!!;)

If you ever and I mean ever need some part time work call me. You will make me a very rich man..........

Wow!!!!

Damn Gig... You da man!:D :thumbup:

Thanks for your hard work and the big heads up on Ann...err.... Vlad.:thumbup:

-Ed

BTW vpa45 is watching. Believe that is another of Vlads account. Has 0 posts and registered just today.

I will get you Vlad.

Fantastic job GigOne. Thanks for the effort and looking out for us...
Cheers
E

gig, that is some very fine investigating. glad i didnt do any business with ann dem. i had actually seen a couple nice ones i was interested in. not to be racist or anything, but the grammar indicated to me she/he was not in the us, and i dont like buy from overseas sellers.

great info here, and..............

banned.gif
(anndem)

so long....

Back