• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

My experience with Ann_Dem

I've never had dealings with her/him/? , but it always didn't feel right how the "collection" was sold. Happy the buyers here weren't ripped off, but why not just say you're a dealer and pay the fees that come with it? Doesn't make sense to me not to.
Out of curiousity, why isn't there some sort of rule that states a seller must participate in the Forums more than they sell? We all know members whom are here just to sell and ann_dem isn't the onlly one. Too bad the mods couldn't just say to these "sellers", either start participating in the rest of the Forums or be charged as a dealer. You see, I don't really care if someone chooses to come here just to sell, BUT, they should have to pay to have that right. And if someone has 150 posts, but 135 are in the Knife Exchange, while the other 15 are two word posts like "Congrats" or "great purchase", they're sellers, IMO. Plain and simple.
Nice that she/he/? got caught.

I've never had dealings with her/him/? , but it always didn't feel right how the "collection" was sold. Happy the buyers here weren't ripped off, but why not just say you're a dealer and pay the fees that come with it? Doesn't make sense to me not to.
Out of curiousity, why isn't there some sort of rule that states a seller must participate in the Forums more than they sell? We all know members whom are here just to sell and ann_dem isn't the onlly one. Too bad the mods couldn't just say to these "sellers", either start participating in the rest of the Forums or be charged as a dealer. You see, I don't really care if someone chooses to come here just to sell, BUT, they should have to pay to have that right. And if someone has 150 posts, but 135 are in the Knife Exchange, while the other 15 are two word posts like "Congrats" or "great purchase", they're sellers, IMO. Plain and simple.
Nice that she/he/? got caught.

You missed the point- she/he/it was not a dealer, but a con artist and known thief plaguing the knife world (or an associate of said thief).

Gigone your research seems very good.When you say that the knives were stolen are there any proofs for it.My conclusion is that they could be working to gether but that's not a crime.Is there some one who can spot one of his knives that were stolen.

What Rat said.

I have over 900 knives in my collection, so if I bailed out of them, some would think I am a dealer. Selling a collection is not a bad thing. Being involved with anything stolen is. That is why she/he/it was banned.

Rat, do you mean they were dealing in stolen knives or something like that? I must've missed that in the way I read it. Sorry.
That changes what I said about her/him, but not my statement in general pertaining to how some(very few) sell on the Forums.
I feel bad saying at least no one here got burned because someone somewhere obviously did:mad: .

Bastid, I guess I'm trying to say if you with many years and posts here decided to sell-off, it's not the same as someone joining the Forums and selling immediately under the Gold Membership instead of being a Dealer.

Nice work, Gig Rockford!

You and Magnum should get together for drinks later.

:D

When you say that the knives were stolen are there any proofs for it.

Go back and reread what was actually written.

My conclusion is that they could be working to gether but that's not a crime.

anim_rofl2.gif

Maybe you missed this part. . . .

The Gigster said:
IMHO, ann_dem is Vlad or is working with or for Vlad.

Working for a thief isn't a crime. Where are you from ?

I personally know of two dealers that have been ripped off by Vlad. In fact, it caused one to go out of business.

Here's a cute little tidbit. . . . .just to show what a lying POS ann_dem is. . . . .

ann_dem's profile at JerzeeDevil:

ann_dem said:
Date of Birth: February 20, 1974

ann_dem's profile at BFC. . . . .

ann_dem said:
Date of Birth: April 4, 1953

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up ! :rolleyes:

This is distressing news!

Hard to believe but hard to dismiss, thanks Gig for digging that up.

I had asked Ann_Dem before if she took the pictures of the knives
but never received an answer to that question, as I thought I could
see a goatee on the person taking the picture shown in this thread;

Rockstead Nehan

I cropped and zoomed in a little, but it is hard to tell for sure;

attachment.php

Well Gus, I guess we were duped !
G2

I must be too gullible or something- when the consensus earlier was that ann_dem was innocent, I was convinced.

The evidence to the contrary is pretty overwhelming. Whoops!

GigOne, I thought for sure you were going to bust out some of Vlad's handwriting to lay next to ann's :D

Outstanding job :thumbup:
Mike

Good work Gig! Now go find Ken Onion's knives!!! (Maybe we can just ask Vlad - he may know someone who knows someone...)

Gig, I commend you for your Herculean effort, and I thank you.

FWIW, I was contacted via PM by Ann (or whoever) just within the last day or 2. The contact was unsolicited, and he/she was offering to sell me a Fallkniven TK2. Interestingly, the TK2 IS listed in the above mentioned list of for-sale items.

About the only thing remaining on the deal was for me to PP the money to linklistsystems@yahoo.de. Needless to say, that is not going to happen now, even if the sale amount is a great deal. I like a good deal as much as anyone else, but I will not be a patron to a thief selling stolen property. These 9 plus pages of reading have been time consuming, but well worth it. And Bastid (and again, Gig), thanks for staying on top of this. Had you not done so, I would have likely succumbed to my own ignorance.

So it all finally comes out. This is something I have thought for a while now. Jeff did a fantastic job of correlating everything.

Thanks Jeff.

I feel sorry for all those that have been taken in by this person. It is also a real shame that Bladeforums has been used by thieves as a place to fence their stolen property.

It is kind of a shame that ann_dem was banned before we got the chance to see if there was going to be an attempt at explaining everything. I know that banning was the right thing to do, but it would have been fun to see what this con artist/criminal would have come up with.

With so many sucessful deals here on BF, theres GOTTA be some more information that could be gleaned about these losers. Did anyone ship money to a postal location? Anyone get any emails with meaningful header information? We have any Israel-local members who'd be willing to do some scouting?

My hat is off to GigOne for all the effort to connect the data points. A. Conan Doyle would be impressed. :thumbup:

It's great to be a member of Bladeforums where the good guys prevail because of a grounded set of ethics and a dogged determination to do so.

Just my .02.

Back