• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

My experience with Liu Kang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont you refer warranties to the manufacturer, rather than take care of your customers yourself? Just curious.

I think the last thing you want me to do is do warranty your knife. Tell you want, you send me a dull knife that is worthless to you, I'll sharpen it and send it back to you. This way, you will know why you don't want me providing that service.

Was the OP wronged? Yep all day long and twice on Sunday! He is owed some coin by LK for services he paid for and didn't receive. Does this mean every time LK gets some positive feedback in the GB&U we gotta here about this? The OP sounds like the kid who wants his two dollars...Really??? Hey it's been over a year already, we got it...

As for LK, had I known this info before our transaction, there wouldn't have been one. My wants over ruled my common sense to research LK and it's quite possible I got screwed monetarily, the blade however was mint. I feel dirty now and think I'm gonna bury this nice blade right here in AFG and hopefully the bad LK karma with it. That being said however the transaction I had with LK was flawless, pun intended!

It's an easy fix for me, I just won't buy from either of you in the future. See the GB&U does work!!!

dericdesmond did want the $11 he paid for insurance refunded in 3/2010.

The thread was recently reopened because of current discussion in various parts of the forums about unethical behavior from the same seller. To say that "The OP sounds like the kid who wants his two dollars" is both condescending and inaccurate.

As for everyone, you can make a big list and form a line but not one of them have had a transaction with me and left me negative feedback, they are just followers.

That's the point that was made earlier in the thread about opportunity cost. These are people, me included, who will never buy from you.

I find you interesting from a sociological perspective. There is a cultural element to this regardless of how many people want to scream racism when difference that are bad are highlighted. I lived and worked in Asia for many years. What I believe we are seeing is a cultural phenomenon that says whatever I can do to talk you out of your money makes me clever, and you stupid. There are undoubtedly native borns who subscribe to this same philosophy but it is not woven into the fabric of our society the way it is into the merchant world of Asia.

LK do you believe the saying, "Laws are made by man, not God." I bet you do.

Last edited:
THanks Tiburon :thumbup: TechExec, it dont mean much coming from me but you a smart a guy :D You put me back in class with some of your posts, Im gettin sleepy :p

In case you aren't reading what I write, I said I forgot to put insurance on it, if someone request insurance I usually purchase it but I'm not perfect and I'm sure you are. I told the seller that should anything have happened I would have paid for it or had it replaced, whatever he wanted. And despite what everyone thinks, I think I could scrap up that kind of money.

Keep in mind this thread is over 1.5 years old, I have grown more then five times in size and transactions with more and better shipping experiences.

View attachment 226456

You didn't answer any of the questions, not one. Direct answers please.

1. Did you or did you not accept money for insurance? Yes or no.
2. Why would you accept the money for it if you were not going to purchase it through USPS?
3. Why, if you made a mistake, as you say, did you not simply refund the money that he paid you for the insurance?

dericdesmond did want the $11 he paid for insurance refunded in 3/2010.

The thread was recently reopened because of current discussion in various parts of the forums about unethical behavior from the same seller. To say that "The OP sounds like the kid who wants his two dollars" is both condescending and inaccurate.

I agree with tiburon 100%
This is about principles and ethics more so than the $11. At this point I don't think dericdesmond cares about the money himself, but rather he is looking out for the community by keeping us informed.

chopridesanRC51, why not deal with dericdesmond? He is as solid a member as you could hope or want to deal with.
He has also brought awareness to many who might have otherwise been ripped-off. I think a "Thank you!" would have been more appropriate.

In case you aren't reading what I write, I said I forgot to put insurance on it, if someone request insurance I usually purchase it but I'm not perfect and I'm sure you are. I told the seller that should anything have happened I would have paid for it or had it replaced, whatever he wanted. And despite what everyone thinks, I think I could scrap up that kind of money.

Keep in mind this thread is over 1.5 years old, I have grown more then five times in size and transactions with more and better shipping experiences.

You just admitted to forgetting to buy insurance, and said you would have if requested. You also admit you have bettered your shipping experiences.
So then mr. Grown man.
Where is Deric's $11, and acknowledgement for poor and unsafe packaging?

Dumb A**. You didnt get the insurance which he paid for. Why dont you just pay the $11.00 back?. $11.00 DOLLARS.

You would rather have your name trashed over such a small amount like that. Look at the hundreds of dollars you
just lost out on because of it. WOW, was it worth it?.

Dumb A**. You didnt get the insurance which he paid for. Why dont you just pay the $11.00 back?. $11.00 DOLLARS.

You would rather have your name trashed over such a small amount like that. Look at the hundreds of dollars you
just lost out on because of it. WOW, was it worth it?.

he got his money back over a year ago.. this is an old thread.. but if you read it you would know this..someone else had another bad exp with liu kang and rezzed it..

you started this thread

03-06-2010 05:32 PM pretty sure its aug 2011 (unless im in hypersleep dreaming this)

also i could have sworn i saw a post (not reading all 5679887 pages again)
that stated you received a refund (if that is not the case i retract that statement)

you started this thread

03-06-2010 05:32 PM pretty sure its aug 2011 (unless im in hypersleep dreaming this)

also i could have sworn i saw a post (not reading all 5679887 pages again)
that stated you received a refund (if that is not the case i retract that statement)

Nope, Dan never gave a refund for the non existing insurance, he did offer to refund and undo the entire transaction though; but he declined since he wanted the knife.

sorry to hear you didnt get you $11 back... but at least you made the community aware of the situation and educated some potential victims

No, he did NOT get his money back...

he did NOT get an apology from LK for acting like a child by demanding the return of the knife in question...

he did NOT get an apology from LK for shoddy and dangerous packaging...

nor did he even get an acknowledgment from LK that he (LK) could have done things differently and better.

I will consider your statement "retracted".

jump down my throat much? i didn't know your emotions ran so high for a forum thread...

TS replied to me, M67 corrected me, i even went as far as to say sorry he didnt get his money back (even though i didnt take it from him)

maybe you should switch to decaf.. or NOT

jump down my throat much? i didn't know your emotions ran so high for a forum thread...

TS replied to me, M67 corrected me, i even went as far as to say sorry he didnt get his money back (even though i didnt take it from him)

maybe you should switch to decaf.. or NOT

Presume much? I actually had the reply page up when M67 and you posted your responses, which were not seen until my response posted. This thread is about Liu Kang and his past and current actions, not your interpretations of my posts. If you have a personal problem with me, please PM me.

maybe you should have used a quote to clarify WHO and WHAT you were speaking of... most normal people would assume the very next post under theirs (without a quote saying otherwise) would be referenced to them

and as to your post to PM you? no thanks im married :)

i still vote you try decaf.. and relax... its only the internet :thumbup: the threads been derailed enough...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back