New Buck 110 LT

Yep it is 3.2 oz for sure. And I still like the weight of the standard brass model as well. The LT version has it's place in my glove box of each of my rigs.

I'm glad to hear a 112 version is coming out too. I really miss my 422. I carried it throughout scouts, through high school, and into college where I ended up losing it in my freshman year somehow. A 112 L T would be a nice replacement.

I know this will sound odd, but I don't like the aluminum 110 because it just feels strange/hollow in my hand. However, I like the Bucklite Larges. Go figure...

On another note, how does Buck make these great knives so cheap??? Is the new 110LT made here?

drei, I don't care for either model because they are so light and feel less than substantial, not strong. I've carried both the valox handled and the aluminum. I'll
tolerate each when I want to carry a light, thin knife. But when I have some real knife work to do or that could arise during the day, I will carry a normal 110. For the heft, strength and comfortable handle width. So, I only mildly give a nod toward this craze. DM

I know this will sound odd, but I don't like the aluminum 110 because it just feels strange/hollow in my hand. However, I like the Bucklite Larges. Go figure...

On another note, how does Buck make these great knives so cheap??? Is the new 110LT made here?
Specifications
  • Product Level: Select Level
  • Blade Length: 3.75" (9.5 cm)
  • Closed Length: 4.875" (12.4 cm)
  • Overall Length: 8.625" (21.9 cm)
  • Blade Material: 420HC Stainless Steel
  • Blade Thickness: 0.12"
  • Blade Hardness: 58-60HRC
  • Blade Style: Clip Point
  • Blade Finish: Satin
  • Handle Material: Nylon
  • Sheath Material: Black Heavy-Duty Polyester
  • Weight: 2.1 oz.
  • Made in the USA

It's all about the right tool for the job for me. I love the trad 110 and 112, of course. I retired my original 110 from the '70s and bought a new one a few years ago. I also picked up two 112 Ecolites right after they were discontinued (gave one as a gift). I love the robustness of the 112 blade in a light handle and I don't always need the weight and strength of the brass and wood. But I usually crave the longer blade of the 110. I'm on the hunt for an original 110 Ecolite (in plum red!) but this will fill the role for now. I'll be thrashing it in daily use, I'm sure.

Zieg

Description
BU0110BKSLT: 110 Hunter LT
Buck Knives

The 110 Folding Hunter--A traditional favorite! Buck's Folding Hunter was created in 1963 when Al Buck decided that a revolutionary lock blade knife was needed by outdoorsmen who wanted a sturdy knife but did not want to carry a long fixed-blade knife. He was right and the result proved to be the key to the company's future. The challenge was to combine the strengths of other folding knives with locking mechanisms into a good-looking, reliable product. It wasn't easy, but after a series of refinements, the Model 110 was unveiled. Within six months, this innovation was the hottest knife in the industry. The Folding Hunter, after over 50 years, is still one of America's best-selling knives.

420HC Steel
This is Buck's standard blade material because it approaches the wear resistance of high carbon alloys while delivering the corrosion resistance of chromium stainless steels. Add our exclusive heat-treat process and you have a very user-friendly combination of superior corrosion resistance with excellent strength for wear resistance and durability. You also have a blade that is easy to resharpen. For best performance, we harden to a Rockwell hardness of Rc 58.

Clip Point Blade
The crescent tip makes the blade thinner with a sharper point. This shape provides good control for detail work and cutting in tight places. It is also well suited for intentional punctures like new holes in your belt, etc. While the point of the blade is effective for detail work, it's not as strong as the thicker points on drop points and skinners.

Select Product Level
Buck's Select Level offers reliable products at an unsurpassed value. Quality materials and innovative Buck designs create practical knives and tools that deliver affordable excellence. Designed in the USA, built in the USA or imported.

The 110 Aluminum Lightweight Folding Hunter from Copper & Clad is right around 4 oz. I don't even notice it in my pocket. It will be interesting to feel the weight of the LT.

Buckshack do the aluminum bolsters on the coper and clad 110 scratch easily?

It's seen more riding time than use, bouncing around with a standard 110 and 112 and bantam and other stuff in the coffee holder of my truck. No major scratches yet, but lots of very fine hair like scratches that make it glitter in the light if that makes sense. Maybe over time that will create a dull appearance, but right now it is still very shiny.

Thanks for the link, I watched the 30-second video twice. If they have it in stock, then our pre-orders should be shipping soon.

I noticed that the knife in the video had a nub on the blade tang where it meets with the back spring when the knife is opened. If I recall correctly, in order to remove the nub on the Bucklites, Buck had to use a greased belt to polish the backspring and nub. My 422 and 426, built in 2011, have nubs. Apparently, Buck wanted to save time and skip the polishing step.

I

Am I the only one who likes the heft of a brass 110?

You're not alone the heft reminds me that I've got a " real " knife in hand and it doesn't weigh my belt down, but I really like the way this knife looks and wouldn't mind trying a 110 in my pocket for a change.

with a Leatherman and pouch of stuff always on my belt plus a 110 or other kind of belt knife quite often, sometimes I like to go light for the weekend or something and it would be nice to do this and have a 110 on me.
It's freeing to go lightweight every once in a while, and more options for this or just ways to keep weight down more regularly are a great thing.
Sometimes it's just a flashlight, Leatherman Micra, and a Vic recruit, but it could be a Micra and 110lt if I don't want to go modern with my 482.
Not a regular thing, but I like a change of pace every once in a while.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who likes the heft of a brass 110?
I like the heft and balance of the standard brass 110, as well.
I don't notice the weight on my belt, nor in my hand, when using it to skin and dress a deer (or deers if I get lucky and get a doe tag and fill it, too) or whatever other task I may use it for.

I've carried a Buck 110 or Old Timer 7OT on my belt pretty much every day since c1969.

Back