New Buck 110 LT

Am I the only one who likes the heft of a brass 110?

Surely not. But this is another knife. A different option, suitable (and preferable for some; myself included) for other jobs. I plan to get a lightweight 112 when it comes out to carry in pocket for uses like hikes, carry around town, yardwork etc. If I get invited on a moose hunt, it likely wouldn't be the knife I choose.

I noticed that the knife in the video had a nub on the blade tang where it meets with the back spring when the knife is opened. If I recall correctly, in order to remove the nub on the Bucklites, Buck had to use a greased belt to polish the backspring and nub. My 422 and 426, built in 2011, have nubs. Apparently, Buck wanted to save time and skip the polishing step.

I
The 110lt has the same nub

I dont quite get the Pro. Seems like that knife has been available for awhile.

It's all about the right tool for the job for me. I love the trad 110 and 112, of course. I retired my original 110 from the '70s and bought a new one a few years ago. I also picked up two 112 Ecolites right after they were discontinued (gave one as a gift). I love the robustness of the 112 blade in a light handle and I don't always need the weight and strength of the brass and wood. But I usually crave the longer blade of the 110. I'm on the hunt for an original 110 Ecolite (in plum red!) but this will fill the role for now. I'll be thrashing it in daily use, I'm sure.

Zieg
Holy cow! I just realized this thing is going to be lighter than my Opinel N°10! That's gonna be weird.

Zieg

my scale came up with 3.2 but spec sheet shows 2.1.

Reactions: plb
I've been quoted a number of times in this thread. To elaborate, the reason I appreciate the heft of the 110, is for it's striking force. In an emergency of course.

Also I end up using it quite a bit to tap on things like those stubborn barrel bolts, on cellar doors. I know it sounds like abuse, but I've never hurt a 110 beyond a couple of dings. They are amazingly tough knives.

I can see the appeal of a light weight 110, I pocket carry a 111 classic, when I'm dressed up.

Yep, me too. In your pocket or in it's handsome tooled sheath? DM

In my pocket. I have two of the classics, one is nib with it's Sheath. The other I bought cheap with a broken blade and no sheath. It went back to Buck for a blade, and is the one I carry.

I begged Buck to put a drop point in it just to be different, but they would not.

I dont quite get the Pro. Seems like that knife has been available for awhile.

I agree. It's basically the same thing you can get from the custom shop for around the same price. You don't have to wait, but you also don't get the personal hand assembly either. For that price, I'd go to the CS and get something other than g-10. But that's just me....

Any "Lite" knife will be weaker than the standard version.

For most applications it won't make any difference......for an especially arduous situation, it might. Myself, I always go with the strongest knife no matter the weight. I prepare for the worst.

But that's just me......I also carry a 1911.

:D:D:D
Titanium is lighter and stronger....1911 for me as well, but a Titanium 110 rides with me often.

Yes, your right. But I just cannot live with those deep finger grooves on the titanium 110.^ DM

Last edited:
I got my 110 LT today. It weighs 91.5gm. 91.5 gm/ knife divided by 28.35 gm/ oz. equals 3.23 oz./knife. It should be mentioned that this mineral (fiberglass) reinforced Nylon handle (an engineering plastic) will be much stronger than unreinforced Valox. This is a step in the right direction. I will be modifying this blem and will try to share the results on the Sunday Picture Show. I have little experience drilling and tapping FRP (Fiber Reinforced Plastic). So results are not guaranteed.
The blemish is a malformed head on the pivot rivet. I want to put a screw in the pivot, so the blemished part will be removed.0060EDC4-DEF7-41DF-AE14-DA9258C7A191.jpeg4DDD675B-1601-4025-819A-E532FE846EFB.jpeg

Back