• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

New Knife Co. on the Block " Kizer Knives" coming soon

Folks never showed up....just too small an issue for ICE. Only way that copyright or patent issue could be pursued is via lawsuit, hiring an attorney in CHINA. Not that big a thing for me at this point. I'm doing what Chris Reeve, Rick Hinderer, Mick Strider, etc. have done....just keep focused on my own work. Look at my T-10 when you get a chance.....wonder how long before they ripoff this one too ?? My life goes on.....and I have a few more designs to make. Take care.

Ha...comparing yourself to Reeve, Hinderer and Strider? I hadn't even heard of you until this thread.

You seem to be only good at smoke and mirrors. Nonetheless your racism is disgusting. I'll see to that more people know how much of a despicable individual you are, Mr. Britton.

Hi, All:

Thank you for your support. We have given our side of the story and will stand by it. I have reported this series of post from blademaker2 to the moderators as this is just a repeat of the same smear campaign from other threads.

Kizer.

Smear campaign or on-going dispute, I have moved it from General Knife Discussion to FEEDBACK. Some of you may want to tone down the personal attacks. The entire discussion becomes all the more meaningless with them.

Well, I got my Kizer in and plan to do a full review in the review sub forum after I get some pictures taken. But here are a few comments for this thread as I promised above:

1. Oddly, I did not get the knife that I ordered. I ordered a KI401X and received a KI4401X. The box was improperly labeled to indicate that it contained the KI401X, but it did not. In this case, it is not a big deal because the KI4401X is actually a slightly bigger and slightly more expensive knife and, as it turns out, I like it better. But I'm left with a non-matching box & knife which could be a resale issue. In this case, no big deal as I plan to make this a user and no plans to resell. If I were to guess, I would expect that it came from the factory like this as the knife's plastic bag was still sealed inside the box. The model number is marked on the blade, so if anyone buys a Kizer, double check that you actually get what you paid for.
  2. The F&F is outstanding as is the balance and feel. Blade is perfectly centered. No side-to-side or up-and-down blade play. Solid as a rock.
  3. I was surprised with how thin the knife was for its size. The fairly tight tolerances allow for a handle that barely contains the blade without any rubbing - nicely done. Hefty (mostly due to the substantial blade), but comfortable in-hand and pocket friendly.
  4. I don't like it when the clip is opposite the lanyard hole as is the case with this knife. I like using the lanyard to remove the knife from my pocket and that doesn't work if the clip is on the other side of the knife. Clip is not adjustable.
  5. Nice, clean grind and reasonably sharp out of the box.
  6. Flips nicely with little effort and no wrist action needed.
  7. Overall, a very nice knife for the price. I'm impressed.

I apologize if this has been answered ready, but I'm wondering why the Tim Britton Tango version simply has his name engraved on the blade (it looks do be done by hand...I could very well be wrong) rather than laser printed or machined into the blade? Its a good very looking knife but in my opinion hand engraving your name on the blade makes it appear that the knives were bought with sterile blades and then someone hand engraved the name onto the finished blade. I'm certainly not implying that is what happened, simply pointing out that they would "look" nicer if you had your name applied to the blade by machine. Just a thought...

Those who had been supporting Mr. Britton has become dead silent. The whole issue is about a custom knife maker's integrity which I think is very important from a perspective of a customer or a knife lover.

Anyway, I think it is time to consider buying a Kizer.

Blademaker2 is coming off really bad in this one. Customs came, then they didn't. So now they are not doing their job on the fight on drugs. LOL. You kill it. Accusations of tax fraud. Zero proof. Egg roll bets. The comment about one employing being an American citizen.. what does that have to do with anything. Personal attacks. And putting his name in the same sentence as Chris Reeve and Hinderer. And he has quit this thread a few times, only to come back. And most telling is the lack of response to Dorito Monk's quote of The Mastiff on being deceived directly to his face.

I don't own/care for Kizer, but I do know one knife maker I won't be contacting for a knife anytime soon.

Last edited:
I bought one of these Kiser knives (K1401C2-EC4-7) on July 14th.
The 1st thing I noticed when I received it was that the blade itself more than resembled a Hinderer design.
From the general outline of the blade to the grinds themselves.
The edge of the blade resembled a Hinderer, but wasn't executed as well.
It's a beautiful knife with sculpted titanium scales, is sharp as Hell and fits my hand perfectly.
It appears to be of excellent quality. I'd like to disassemble it and can't.
I have no tool to fit the pivot.
The "Made in China" decal, on the blade is easily removable, in case anyone actually cares about such a thing.
Unlike all of my X-18's, this Kinder doesn't open easily with the thumb studs. though it opens quite easily with the flipper.
I'm not complaining. If the Hinderer's didn't have the flipper lever as a finger guard I wouldn't use them as much, or at all, probably.
Without the flipper as a guard I'm quite sure it would've slipped and cut me deeply with any kind of a forward thrust.
I would buy another Kinder and probably will. There are many different styles and finishes and it took me quite a while to decide on this one knife to try out.
They're far easier to obtain than a Hinderer and the cost difference is huge, only by the exorbitant price markup by the retailers, for Hinderer knives.
I still prefer my Hinderer's because of the "Made in USA" stamp and I know for a fact that my X-18's will far outlast me.
These Kinder knives just haven't been around long enough to prove their long term viability.
I did a Google Search for a review of Kinder Knives and found this thread instead.
I had no idea that I'd have to write the review myself.
Hopefully, someone else with more expertise will write a proper review with pictures and all the necessary specs listed.
For the record, my favorite knife of all time was built by the gentleman in the post just above mine.
Thank you Chuck. The knife you personally custom built for me is absolutely perfect.
There's no possible way I could ever thank you enough for this beautifully crafted knife.
I will definitely be ordering more from you as your designs evolve.
I am very disappointed that this completely misleadingly titled thread wasn't closed long ago.
Has this site no moderators?

LOL don't listen to anything Tim Britton says because he is fraud (which is pretty well known already) and only make false & ridiculous claims without providing any proof (because there are no!), it's just hot air.. Kizer on the other hand will show you delivery notes from Crucible for example and can proof every fact they name if you only ask them. ;) The circumstance that Tim is an american knifemaker and Kizer is a chinese cutlery company doesn't proof Tim right nor make Kizer knives a knockoff company, period !

Last edited:
This is not about Chinese made knives

This is about a designed knife.

So far Tim has just talked while Kizer has maintained a position. So who is telling the more truthful version.

Do not ask me, I just love knives.....Custom knives, factory made knives as long as they are not stolen, counterfeited knives

Am I as lost as it seems, but seems to me Tim is starting to quack like a duck.

There must be signed paperwork Tim, you are making the accusations so you sir need to post the evidence!!!

Last edited:
The world has changed and many popular knife brands have manufacturing facilities in China. Probably best to be open minded and try something yourself before condemning them completely. I do understand that some will only buy U.S made. The majority of my knives are U.S made, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't give another company a try just because they weren't based here. Sounds like they're buying at least some of their steel from Crucible.

Hi, All:

Thank you for your support. We have given our side of the story and will stand by it. I have reported this series of post from blademaker2 to the moderators as this is just a repeat of the same smear campaign from other threads.

Kizer.

I don't own a Kizer knife and have no plans to. I will never own anything Tim
Britton either....
I have no dog in this particular fight but, in the grand scheme of things I have to recognize that as a company Kizer has shown more than enough evidence as to what has happened here...

This is an important topic. Mr. Britton would like to charge his customers 5 times the price of something he did nothing more than put his name on.

Respect for, and honesty with your customer has, and continues to be trampled and I think for those of us who look at the actual facts in this case, our trust of what we are paying for erodes a little further....

I would love to have the question answered: Did Tim and Kizer have an agreement on the design of the knife in question.

The answer goes 100% to the integrity of one and the 100% LACK of integrity of the other.

I would love to have the question answered: Did Tim and Kizer have an agreement on the design of the knife in question.

The answer goes 100% to the integrity of one and the 100% LACK of integrity of the other.

The 'Tango' was introduced at Blade one year before the 'Tango' was introduced at blade.

All the documents of this deal are out there for everyone to see, you just gotta want to look.

I agree with RA's post above to the extent that this thread should now go away.

I will be the first to hopefully make that happen by making this my last post.....

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I only responded yesterday when someone said something like it was crazy to pay more than $10 for a Chinese made knife...their post was later edited (nothing wrong with that).

I don't own any knives from either Kizer nor Mr. Britton, I will say that if I were a knifemaker I think I'd have my company or name laser etched, printed or machined onto the blade rather than engraving by hand. Then it wouldn't "appear" as if I was buying a knife or knives from another company and then simply writing my name on it. Mr. Britton may be the most honest guy in the world (never dealt with the man) and if I were in his shoes I wouldn't want there to be ANY doubt that I and I alone built my knives from start to finish.

My "gut feeling" (and that's all it is as I have zero proof) is that a deal was struck for a certain amount of Kizer made knives to be delivered to Mr. Btitton and then sold as his own design. Once they started showing up in magazines and at knife shows as Kizer knives Mr. Britton felt the need to go into damage control mode. I do hope that I'm wrong.

I'm sorry, I only responded yesterday when someone said something like it was crazy to pay more than $10 for a Chinese made knife...their post was later edited (nothing wrong with that).

That was my post until I read up and saw what they were using for materials. If the knife in question is not a stolen design I just may buy one and put it thru its paces to see if it is infact worth more than $10!!

That was my post until I read up and saw what they were using for materials. If the knife in question is not a stolen design I just may buy one and put it thru its paces to see if it is infact worth more than $10!!

I know that I said I would not post on this topic again, however if you have any doubts as to the validity of Kizer's statements, they have paperwork signed by Mr. Britton to prove their claims.

This deal went sour when Mr. Britton failed on his end to be able to distribute as many Kizer knives with his name on them as was required by the initial contract.

I have a good laugh when I see a 'Tango/Kizer' come up in the exchange for $4-500.00, as we all should.
The name 'Britton' is not worth the difference in price to me....

Now, back to my promise, I will not keep this thread alive any longer. The facts of this sad story are on the net for anyone to see.....

I find this so funny as Tim himself ripped off one of Shane Siberts designs:

Shane's

warn_zps01811bcb.jpg

Tim's

Brittonknockoff_zpsa06b2497.jpg

2014-06-27-08-58-08_zps399e04e4.png

Last edited:
Back