• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

New Knife Co. on the Block " Kizer Knives" coming soon

" PMScurvy092
Knives are silly expensive for being made in China. Where's the value proposition that comes with Chinese knives when they are priced the same as the major US makers with similar materials."/I] 6AL-4V titanium framelock with S35VN blade for under $120. How many other USA produced knives are making their products out of the materials listed above for the same price? If you know of one please do share so myself and everyone else here can hurry and buy up all available inventory.:rolleyes:

Go right ahead:

http://kershawguy.com/products-page/zt-blems/zt0550-1st-gen-blem/

So you're accusing what most would consider a reputable knife company, Knifecenter, of selling phony products? Thats quite an accusation....

Maybe Kizer will regale us with the story of how he was able to get USA produced CPM S35VN into China without having to pay crazy import fees.

So how many of you before puchasing a Rat 1, Tenacious, Cryo, Volt II, m16, etc. looked up official documents stating that the listed materials is what is actually going into the manufacture of the product. Do you do this for every chinese made product you own? Microwaves, tv's, coffee makers, toasters, shoes, clothing, etc.?

So how many of you before puchasing a Rat 1, Tenacious, Cryo, Volt II, m16, etc. looked up official documents stating that the listed materials is what is actually going into the manufacture of the product. Do you do this for every chinese made product you own? Microwaves, tv's, coffee makers, toasters, shoes, clothing, etc.?

Well those knives you listed come with steels that are readily available in China and are made by companies with long and well established reputations.

Those items you listed have UL standards that have to be met for the most part.

Knives are silly expensive for being made in China. Where's the value proposition that comes with Chinese knives when they are priced the same as the major US makers with similar materials.

No they're not silly expensive, considering the materials; and why don't you make the same remark when Spyderco sells their Taiwanese knives more expensive than the one from Golden???personally i don't care, as i find the fit&finish and QC better in The Taiwanese factory, but you seem to care, so fight for your ideas and post against Spyderco.....

No they're not silly expensive, considering the materials; and why don't you make the same remark when Spyderco sells their Taiwanese knives more expensive than the one from Golden???personally i don't care, as i find the fit&finish and QC better in The Taiwanese factory, but you seem to care, so fight for your ideas and post against Spyderco.....

I post about Spyderco all the damn time. Maybe if you had been here for a little longer than 2 months and 13 posts...

I still don't see any resolution to the he said/she said dispute about the Tango/12-401 design origin. Who copied who?

My thoughts exactly. After stumbling across the Kizer knives on the website of my preferred knife dealer, I started looking for threads concerning Kizer here on BF.

But after working my way through dozens of postings, I still don't know if Mr. Britton bought the US rights to the Tango design from Kizer or if the Tango was an original design by Mr. Britton which was ripped off by Kizer.

I wouldn't want to buy from a company known for ripping off original designs by independent knife makers. But on the other hand, if Kizer did nothing wrong and the quality of their products holds up on scrutiny, why shouldn't I buy one of their knives?

We need proof to settle this matter. If Mr. Britton bought the design rights from Kizer, then there must be documentation for that transaction. This documentation - if it exists - needs to be made public!

Last edited:
+1.... As a matter of fact i just bought one Kizer from them.... i'll let you know.....

Which one did you buy and how is it?

It's interesting and significant that KnifeCenter & KnifeWorks carry several knives from Kizer Cutlery.

The Ki401B & Ki401X flippers with titanium (6AL4V) frame lock, titanium reverse scale and S35VN blade (3.5") looks promising albeit not inexpensive. You can get a ZT 0801 for less (they weigh about the same: 5.6-5.8 oz.)! So, I figure they better be really good!

Yeah got an email from knife center advertising these they looked pretty nice and pricing wasn't crazy expensive. I hadn't seen any of the designs before. But I have no problem with knock offs or Chinese goods. I shop at Wal-Mart and I have owned and lost broken many pairs of Foakley sunglasses ;-)

Having worked with numerous brilliant and respectable people of Chinese descent, I find the overwhelming vitriol and bigotry on this forum to be distasteful.
True, there are Chinese shops making junk for a quick buck, but one could say that about any country even the United States. However, I do not see that type of attitude in the Kizer operation. Based on their objective civility in the face of all the uninformed bigotry & prejudice on several knife forums, and the actual quality of their knives, I give them huge props and all the benefit of the doubt.

I just picked up a Ki404 from an established online retailer, and I can say without a doubt that I am quite impressed with the level of fit and finish as well as the thought that went into the design. It is put together just as well and uses equally high quality materials as any Spyderco or Benchmade that I have ever owned (and I own a lot of them).

There are a couple of little things I would like to see changed on future iterations of the model, but it's all little stuff that would make an 8.5 a real 10.
No bones about it, this is a good knife company.

-nate

Last edited:
Most pple in this forum are soo fu.... blind that I can't even laugh about it anymore. It's obvious that Tim and Kizer had some beef in the past and because it seems HE ripped them off, they started to make this knife on their own. While he only flames things like they use only cheap steel under wrong name (for what he is known himself because he already did this a few times) and Aluminium instead of Titanium which is simply not true. When you ask Kizer they will give show you a timeline and proofs of their story while he will tell you stories without any evidence and things that are just not true (like Kizer knives can be found on Aliexpress along with the infamous strider, sebenza, hinderer clones). You can buy this knife on KnifeCenter and other legit major knive supplies BUT you won't find them on Ali with the other cheap and illegal clones... And the most funny thing is, everyone who had the chance to held both knives says the same. The kizer flips and even works way better then the custom !!

But hey since they are from China they gota be wrong and evil and since knife makers are some kind of never-failing demi gods he gota be the one who is telling the truth, right?

(Ps.: Who cares that the best Spyderco knives are from China, everything that's not made in the USA for twice the cash is shit xD)

and it doesn't seem like there's an easy way to order them.

Yeah what the Hell is up with that? I went to their site and there aren't even any prices listed. WTF!!?

They won't be getting any business from me because it looks like there is no way for them to get business from me.

Having worked with numerous brilliant and respectable people of Chinese descent, I find the overwhelming vitriol and bigotry on this forum to be distasteful.
True, there are Chinese shops making junk for a quick buck, but one could say that about any country even the United States. However, I do not see that type of attitude in the Kizer operation. Based on their objective civility in the face of all the uninformed bigotry & prejudice on several knife forums, and the actual quality of their knives, I give them huge props and all the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised by some of the comments. Why wouldn't a knife fan wait for both sides of the story before voicing his or her opinion, or at least before giving favor to either of the sides? Is it really common that Chinese companies rip off independent artists' designs, and then come to forums to defend themselves at length?

And yeah, if what Kizer said in the locked thread (Concerning the design.) is remotely true, then their civility is truly astounding.

I have to weigh in here on a thread that is to say the least cumbersome for lack of a better word. So here's the deal, I am thinking of purchasing a Kizer that is a big frame lock flipper. Now that being said if everything about the knife I am thinking of purchasing can be believed lets just say its a helluva bargain. As for the he/said she/said part, my understanding is the Kizer sold Britton the knife he is marketing as the Tango flipper. Other than that not much else to say. So anyways I am thinking of purchasing as very large Tango type frame lock folder by Kizer marked China and marked Kizer. First class materials being used and should I be concerned? thanks and keepem sharp

Sounds like a business deal gone bad and now Mr. Britton is butthurt beyond repair.

But hey, I'm just some a-hole on the internet and can only go by what I've seen posted here.

I just looked at their prices. NO WAY would I pay that much for a Chinese knife. Heck, they have hinderer knock offs, and even one that looks like a Skyline and a Thermite had a baby. Britton or not, their designs are obviously not from scratch.

And am I the only one who doesn't think it's terribpy obvious there are multiple shills in this topic?

Oh, and I own a few Chinese knives that I like, just to really throw a wrench into things.

Last edited:
Back