1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Nightstalker1975 James Jim Hurrey Scammer

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Mappetizer, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    That's fine, but I think you do need to be aware of a member here threatening others.

2. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Yes, somebody post his info. Might save somebody.

3. netguy1999

netguy1999

Jan 11, 2006
    Seriously, is it really a good idea to be threatening people who collect/use knives and, likely, guns? Nightstalker75 needs to really think things through a little bit more.

4. McBokerson

McBokerson

Aug 3, 2013
    Have every last email. Dont know what can be done about it though. As JR88FAN stated, there's always gonna be these people on the internet, and unfortunately, most of the time they get away with their scams.

5. Corytr

Corytr

Sep 10, 2013
    I think we are well overdue for this guy's information.

6. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Posting his info --I'll leave that too the parties involved.

7. McBokerson

McBokerson

Aug 3, 2013
    All you guys need to know is to avoid a:

James Hurrey of Pennsylvania

Sorry mods if posting this info violates any rules of the forum, but I feel like it is necessary to prevent further ordeals with this scum.

8. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2013
    I doubt it does,.in fact think the mods would condone putting this info up.

9. Corytr

Corytr

Sep 10, 2013

Thanks for that. IMO, and as past practice, his name should be in the title of the thread.

The goal as I see it for sharing is many:

- it helps all here to identify and steer clear of the D
    - if he comes back with a different username, he can be found by a simple search
    - if the name is repeated enough, it will show on a Google search (at least there would be a semblance of a consequence)
    - allows us to cross reference the name from past offenders of the same type of scam on BF and other forums
    - it shows future scammers that they will be called out here and we don't tolerate or put up with this on BladeForums
    - and more

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  10. McBokerson

McBokerson

Aug 3, 2013
    Edit: I have all 41 emails between nightstalker and I. He seemed to be a very legitimate guy. He even declined my first trade offer, which was my customized Les George VECP.

It wasnt until I mentioned that I also had a ferrum forge fortis A I would trade him that he agreed to trade me his Chaves 228 v2. After I shipped and gave him the tracking info, he wasnt as quick with his emails anymore. I asked him for the tracking info and he told me initially: "My wife mailed it out for me, get your tracking for you in the a.m. ok."

After about a week in the mail, still with no tracking info from him, I asked him again if he shipped the Chaves and if he ever got the tracking info. He eventually got back to me saying: "It was definitely shipped my wife shipped it for me. When I get home I'll send it over well figure out what's going on here because it should be there by now."

That last email was sent to me February 1st. I tried five times to get a hold of him until February 13th, which is when I stopped emailing him. Now I sit here.

11. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2010
  12. Corytr

Corytr

Sep 10, 2013
    For posterity:

13. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Man, I wish I could have seen this scumbag's face when he snuck in here (5 Guests reading this thread? Yeah, dude's here right now) and saw that what he thought was yet another free knife on its way to him got diverted. The guy probably didn't have any idea that that was even possible, haha! Surprise, scumlord!

14. sutherland

sutherland

Jun 10, 2015
    Is his account still active? I hope his access is blocked while this situation is under review.

15. Mappetizer

Mappetizer

Jan 8, 2016
    That's the same chaves he was gonna trade me m along with his 325 and a keybar insert

16. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    Time to add his name to the title of this thread.

17. McBokerson

McBokerson

Aug 3, 2013
    Also, I think it would be wise to get the word out to other forums, Jerzeedevil, etc. if it hasn't already. I'd imagine he's not just here on bladeforums

18. ooitzoo

ooitzoo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Correction: his info needs to be posted in the op and in the subject line

19. Mappetizer

Mappetizer

Jan 8, 2016
    His name and info are up

20. ooitzoo

ooitzoo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Not to throw fuel on the fire needlessly but I would suggest you post address, phone #, etc. The idea is to prevent him from changing one small attribute and pulling his scam again.