• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Oleg Krymlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you give someone negative feedback, can't they simply retaliate and give you negative feedback "in kind"?

That's the way ebay used to work, and everyone learned really fast that giving negative feedback was just asking for a hassle and ultimately never EVER worth it.

Does this system work the same way?

Exactly!I've had a few less than positive experiences with members & instead of leaving neutral or neg feedback,I didn't leave any at all.This was only done because I didn't want a mar on my own feedback score.
Let's face it,if you have anything less than 100% people are going to think twice about dealing with you.

Sorry for going off topic.I hope you get your stuff/money back OP.

If you give someone negative feedback, can't they simply retaliate and give you negative feedback "in kind"?

That's the way ebay used to work, and everyone learned really fast that giving negative feedback was just asking for a hassle and ultimately never EVER worth it.

Does this system work the same way?

Exactly!I've had a few less than positive experiences with members & instead of leaving neutral or neg feedback,I didn't leave any at all.This was only done because I didn't want a mar on my own feedback score.
Let's face it,if you have anything less than 100% people are going to think twice about dealing with you.

Sorry for going off topic.I hope you get your stuff/money back OP.

Yes, the BF system has the same flaw. It is he exact reason I have a negative feedback, out of retaliation and spite. Site staff / owners would not correct the issue when I tried to address it.

Yes, the BF system has the same flaw. It is he exact reason I have a negative feedback, out of retaliation and spite. Site staff / owners would not correct the issue when I tried to address it.

Have had the same problem....

I hope everything works out, and that you get a refund.

For future reference to anyone on Bladeforums:

Do not pay for a knife in advance!

Unless you are ordering something extremely unique or expensive, a maker should not need cash up front.

If a maker needs payment to purchase basic materials, you probably shouldn't do business with him.

Has Oleg made anything right yet? Been two weeks. I see he still is putting knives up for sale on the maker's forum. Glad to see he has no bites yet.

I still havent recieved anything, even though he "sent " the check 2-3 weeks ago lol, it probably got lost in mail again!!!!!!!!

Yet another scumbag! How is he still allowed to sell? I am on another forum that restricts members access to only the thread that adresses the dispute until it is resolved. Is that possible here?

Question for the mods: is it against the rules to call this guy out inside one of his sales threads because at least he would have to explain his actions in front of potential customers/victims.

I'm not a mod, but the answer to your question is found here:

SECTION 2 - Rules/Procedures for Selling, Buying, Trading, & Offering Services:

5. Do not post in a person's thread unless you have an implicit interest in buying the item. Posts like, "Nice knife!", "Why is the price so high/low?", "I wish I had funds" are not allowed. This means absolutely no commentary or feedback in someone's sales thread. Seriously, if you stomp on someone's ad, your account can and will be locked. The only exception to this is in the Custom Knife Exchange areas (if the maker/craftsman requests and welcomes feedback)

Post deleted - The forum has a good handle on these situations and my suggestion was not needed.

I won't be commenting on another of these threads..

Last edited:
I think Oleg needs to spend less time throwing back the vodka and get to work! Or at least get to the post office and get this poor guy his money back! Oleg pal enough is enough man! You are self destructing. I ve seen some of your work and it looks nice. Make this situation right and get this guy his knife or refund his money! Sounds like your days are numbered here my man! Boki how much did you give him?

$155 us, the guy just comes up with lame excuses and does practicaly nothing to send me back my money!!! He also says he sent it , which is a Lie!!!! period!Same as excuse that I didnt want to send him my adress!

$155 us, the guy just comes up with lame excuses and does practicaly nothing to send me back my money!!! He also says he sent it , which is a Lie!!!! period!Same as excuse that I didnt want to send him my adress!

Let pose a question that will challenge your common sense:
Hw can someone mail you a check, when you don't give them your address? Seems like you are making it hard for him to give you a refund. If I were you, I would be doing whatever I needed to in order to get my money back. Don't make a bad situation worse.

Let pose a question that will challenge your common sense:
Hw can someone mail you a check, when you don't give them your address? Seems like you are making it hard for him to give you a refund. If I were you, I would be doing whatever I needed to in order to get my money back. Don't make a bad situation worse.
I sent you my address!!!!!! Period!Ill send it again!!!!!!!But these kind of excuses are lame!!!

That quote got me at first too. I think he meant to say Oleg used the excuse that the buyer didn't send his address to him as a reason not to mail the check.

No idea how a seller who has this kind of complaint can keep selling on these forums while this is ongoing. I mean I get the whole let's give the guy a chance thing, but it's kind of a slap in the face to the members of these forums to continue to let this guy operate. I like the idea of blocking his access until he makes Boki right again. Seems like this stuff is happening more and more around here, it would be nice to see a harder line drawn in the sand from the mods. Not a complaint, just a thought

I bought a sheath and scales for my Spyderco Mule from Oleg a while ago. It was outside the forum, so I don't think I could post feedback, but the quality was poor. Maybe I should have sent it back to him but I've been on the road so it would have been a PITA. At least I didn't spend a bunch of money on it.

Los Angeles makes a good point in his other thread. What might be different about this forum is that it's less anonymous than eBay. Overall I've had really good experiences. In some cases, people have really went out of their way to help out. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back