PLEASE POST YOUR TRADITIONAL GERMAN FIXED BLADES & POCKET KNIVES,

JlOTyIZh.jpg

PvbZPkbh.jpg

I'm afraid that these are only pics I could find Duncan :(

7GRlr9v.jpg

M5OxSHc.jpg

h7AEydo.jpg

A timely post!
Love the additional tools in the handles, remembered you had mentioned same, like a leatherman micra from a hundred yrs ago:)
Very pocketable/useful little fella and nicely put together. Everything snaps and the scissors and springs are perfect, they cut tissue.
With Ivory handles and obvious care and pride in its construction you would wonder why no makers mark bar "Patent"?

That’s a real looker Christian! 👍

Again Wouter - nice shot of nice knives!! 😀

Nice Ed - very nice old set there. 👍

A timely post!
Love the additional tools in the handles, remembered you had mentioned same, like a leatherman micra from a hundred yrs ago:)
Very pocketable/useful little fella and nicely put together. Everything snaps and the scissors and springs are perfect, they cut tissue.
With Ivory handles and obvious care and pride in its construction you would wonder why no makers mark bar "Patent"?
That's a beautiful piece Ed, sorry for missing it until now. I wonder if it dates from the 20's/30's when a lot of German pocket cutlery lacks the maker's mark or provenance? I assume this was just the case with knives intended for export, but typically if they have marks at all, they might say 'Foreign' or something like 'Warranted Cast Steel'. It was the same with razors, and many other German exports I imagine.

That's a beautiful piece Ed, sorry for missing it until now. I wonder if it dates from the 20's/30's when a lot of German pocket cutlery lacks the maker's mark or provenance? I assume this was just the case with knives intended for export, but typically if they have marks at all, they might say 'Foreign' or something like 'Warranted Cast Steel'. It was the same with razors, and many other German exports I imagine.
I get ya, they were in the dog house internationally so didn't proclaim origin?
Shame as whoever made it made it well.
It's an addictive little thing to play with but alas one of the springs for the scissors snapped. I will adapt an old one off a beater Swiss army onto on the wknd.

wonderful Knives everyone!
eisman - two beauties there!!! I cant quite see- is that top one a Hubertus?

Yet another Puma Pt. Luso !! wow- you certainly have quite the collection!

A good brand of Knife there Barbababa - I used to have quite a few- now I am not sure if I own any? must have a dig through soon!

Back