SHOW us what you do for a living (or retiring)

Your "Daily Grind" looks a little more fun than most, ;):thumbup:

my girlfriend/crewman stacking pots on the deck of our lobster boat at the start of the latest storm on 2/1/11. we were about 1 nm off of the magnolia shore, gloucester MA (near norman's woe rock, from the "Wreck of the Hesperus" if you've read Longfellow) Conditions deteriorated to less than 100 feet of visibility and driving snow. the chart plotter failed and we idled home by radar and compass. just another day at work :D

Attachments

• maren covered in snow.jpg
    maren covered in snow.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 106
Pete-Glad you made it back safely.

Prop-Thanks for keeping people safe. Nice "junk drawer" Hello doggie.

my girlfriend/crewman stacking pots on the deck of our lobster boat at the start of the latest storm on 2/1/11. we were about 1 nm off of the magnolia shore, gloucester MA (near norman's woe rock, from the "Wreck of the Hesperus" if you've read Longfellow) Conditions deteriorated to less than 100 feet of visibility and driving snow. the chart plotter failed and we idled home by radar and compass. just another day at work :D

ummm then would she be the...

wait for it...

First mate?

I work in radio

DSCF1773.jpg
WRVA- I know that station- :thumbup:
Former radio guy here as well- My last post: http://www.jazzradio.net/
(My station was nothing like that when I was there)

Last edited:
ummm then would she be the...

wait for it...

First mate?

on a lobster boat she would be the sternman or backman...in her case she is the captain and i just drive the boat :D

ETA- I just got it... first mate....:D

me? sorry no pic but I work in a hospital laundry. We do get some interesting things 'in-the-wash'. No rockets no slinky aircraft. But we take a pride in what we do. We had a mobile phone in our big (80 kilo capacity) washing machine. A patient had lost it. We took it out and it was 'ringing' on vibrater but it would not answer.
She got it back.

Gotta keep the riff-raff and drunks under control.

Who doesn't like fresh clean sheets?

Thanks guys...

Thineeyes.jpg

Sorry Alan!

My colleague snapped this one yesterday of me pulling of some circuit boards and swapping them out of an irrigation controller at the end of a cul de sac. I heard the camera shutter sound byte, and then the chuckle. I had just taken off my flannel and did not realize I was dealing with a wardrobe malfunction. I smiled for the shot! I hope it does not break your computer screen.

Three words;
Duluth Trading Company.

thineeyes.jpg

Duct tape! Where's the duct tape? :eek:

Last edited:
Here are some carvings I made this week from mammoth ivory tooth and bone. I have my living selling and carving ancient ivory and bone for 30
years. I also sell tusks and fossils. This I sold this 180 pound 11 foot tusk last month.

Attachments

• mammoth carvings.jpg
    mammoth carvings.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 180 pound tusk.jpg
    180 pound tusk.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 67
WOW!!! Very neat! You are very accomplished.

And if I'm going to look at something cracked with age...:rolleyes:

i enjoy making custom furniture, knifemaking and teaching people to return to simplicity.

IMG_7551.jpg

IMG_7524.jpg

IMG_7510.jpg

IMG_7499.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

IMG_1010-1.jpg

Nice work on both fronts!

I work here:

attachment.php

Making sure that the stuff that powers these:

attachment.php

gets safely unloaded from one of these:

attachment.php

and put in one of these:

attachment.php

Attachments

• NRFaerial.jpg
    NRFaerial.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 363
  • 3a0cf555a6a9a64f9f59db30e139_grande.jpg
    3a0cf555a6a9a64f9f59db30e139_grande.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 365
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 362
  • spent_fuel_canister.jpg
    spent_fuel_canister.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 367
Cool!, I mean, Hot, wait!...glowing response, that's it.

Former EE, defense contractor type for 20 years, SAIC employee owner - worked on various optics programs, computer systems upgrades, gamma-ray imaging (VACIS), and pulse-forming-networks. Now retired, I drive and operate big engine #1 for the local VFD. I wrote a book on Randall knives too... ;)

http://www.saic.com/products/security/

U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Originally an Immigration Inspector with INS but these days spend a lot of time out on one of the VACIS machines looking for stuff that shouldn't be there.

Three words;
Duluth Trading Company.

Gotta love those long tail T's.

Back