• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.
  • Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

spyderco para military

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so now I've googled A.T.R., Titanium Handle, ComboEdge (59379|C70PSTI) and it comes up elsewhere for $12.29, so now my $22.00 A.T.R. isn't looking so sweet. What the heck is going on? Is it April first?

yes, I pulled it up as well.. check out the shipping cost.. 15.33!!
So a knife priced at 12.29 plus shipping of 15.33.. that's a total of 27.92

Checked out the other website that comes up in froogle as well..
after shipping (13.00) is added the total is 27.95..

So how can a $330 (oops, Austrailian price) knife sell for $22.00 again? Even @ $27.00 it would be a steal. Yep, I still don't get it.

Aho, just for the record, your site says the steel is AUS-6 for the SOG Revolver, the steel in all SOG Revolver knives is AUS-8 stainless.

Robbie Roberson ;)

We pull our descriptions etc from the suppliers.. I'll let them know it should be corrected..

edit: the suppliers use data entry people that type thousands of these descriptions a day.. my bet is a typo here or there is not easily noticed

And to answer the above question.. a msrp of $329.95 is exactly that.. msrp = manufacturer's suggested retail price.. it's just a suggested selling price.. I can sell it for $1 if I want (unless there's a map on it).. I just won't be in business long at that price.. I sell my products at the lowest possible margin to stay in business and pay bills and make a small profit while I'm at it.. remember profit isn't a dirty word unless that profit is just gross.. say getting a product at a wholesale cost of $2 while selling it at $3000..

In a map example I might be able to buy the product for $10.. but if a map exists and it's set at $25 then that is the lowest price I can sell that product for.. if I sell for less the manufacturer can and will sue for damages, pain and suffering, loss of pet hair etc.

So now I'm really curious, so can you ignore my cancel order and send me the titanium ATR? I just found an Emerson Commander for $26.00, can you guarantee and refund for counterfeits?

Thanks 470979135218888 Can you do this also? Commander, Black-T Finish, Plain (59586|COMMANDER-BT)

blub.. I'll go ahead and ignore your cancel request as you asked.. in google checkout I have to tell it to cancel the order and one of the selectable reasons is 'customer request'.. I'll just leave it as-is per your request now..

Also are you requesting that the item mentioned be added to your order? If so I can't modify orders in google checkout (cancel, refund, and stuff like that, no problem.. google just doesn't give me a way to modify orders after the customer submits them) you'd have to place a new one.. it's no problem for me on this end.. so don't worry about multiple orders.

Oh and a little note to an anonymous person out there.. I can't ship to PO Boxes (supplier restriction [also a shipping company restriction too depending on area/zip code], rather annoying).. anyone using a PO Box might want to check their email.. we sent you a note about needing a correct address to ship to.

I picked up this little note today:
American Home Outlet has cancelled your order. Your credit card was not charged.

* Reason: Other (describe below)

* Comments from American Home Outlet: "We currently do not ship to the United Kingdom. We apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you, American Home Outlet"

Order Details - Dec 30, 2006, 10:20 PM
Google Order #138613675713189
Qty Item Price
1 Karambit, Plain (59413|C84P) $23.14
1 Kopa, Cocobolo Handle, Plain (89835|C92CBP) $23.05
1 Navigator 2, Stainless Steel Handle, Plain (117705|C93P) $23.05
1 Combat Bowie, Black G10 Handle, Black Blade, Plain (59613|CQC-13-BT) $25.24
1 Commander, Satin Finish, Serrated (59589|COMMANDER-SFS) $28.39
1 Comrade MF, Titanium/G10 Handle, Black Blade, ComboEdge (59609|CQC-12-CBTS) $16.05
1 Commander, Black-T Finish Serrated (59587|COMMANDER-BTS) $26.50
1 CQC 8 Wave, Satin Finish, Serrated (101620|CQC8WAVE-SFS) $23.34
1 UTCOM, Black G-10 Handle, Satin Chrome, Plain (59606|CQC-11-SF) $23.34
Tax : $0.00
Total : $212.10
Order cancelled - Your card was not charged
So if the order could be filled could they be sent to someone in the USA so they can ship them to me?

Hello aho I picked up this message today and have posted this response on the bladeforums.com website.
I repeat the question can the goods be shipped to one of the site members or a friend of mine in the USA so they can ship them to me?
American Home Outlet has cancelled your order. Your credit card was not charged.
• Reason: Other (describe below)
• Comments from American Home Outlet: "We currently do not ship to the United Kingdom. We apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you, American Home Outlet"
Order Details - Dec 30, 2006, 10:20 PM
Google Order #138613675713189

Qty Item Price
1 Karambit, Plain (59413|C84P) $23.14
1 Kopa, Cocobolo Handle, Plain (89835|C92CBP) $23.05
1 Navigator 2, Stainless Steel Handle, Plain (117705|C93P) $23.05
1 Combat Bowie, Black G10 Handle, Black Blade, Plain (59613|CQC-13-BT) $25.24
1 Commander, Satin Finish, Serrated (59589|COMMANDER-SFS) $28.39
1 Comrade MF, Titanium/G10 Handle, Black Blade, ComboEdge (59609|CQC-12-CBTS) $16.05
1 Commander, Black-T Finish Serrated (59587|COMMANDER-BTS) $26.50
1 CQC 8 Wave, Satin Finish, Serrated (101620|CQC8WAVE-SFS) $23.34
1 UTCOM, Black G-10 Handle, Satin Chrome, Plain (59606|CQC-11-SF) $23.34
Tax : $0.00
Total : $212.10
Order cancelled - Your card was not charged

If this get duplicated I lost the original

As long as google checkout is cool with it and you are fine with the extra expense on your end I have no beef with using a relay person for you to get what you want/need.. we've even done that ourselves.. had the item sent to our office and re-sent it to the over-seas (or military apo destination) for an additional charge. Please note though that our liability does end when the package reaches your relay person.. we must consider it delivered and the order complete. Also be aware that google checkout frowns upon 3rd party transactions.. too much fraud risk these days.. 3rd party is defined as a separate billing name/cc number etc.. a different billing vs shipping address etc.. like an employee using his boss's credit card that's got a billing addr in a different state than he is using to buy something to ship to yet another final destination.. you wouldn't believe the fraud I've seen with those types of transactions.. and especially with american express cards.. it's like those card holders just slap their cc number on a website somewhere that any old schlob can just google up and use.. the fraud rate is mind boggling.. ugh.. sorry to get off on a rant/tangent I've personally been up way too late..

I look forward to sorting this out when you've had a sleep.
in the meantime any site member want to help me with this?
I know its greedy but if the order can be filled and bladeforums.com doesn't ban such activity,the shipping cost cant be too great . if this works we could all benefit.
Hobbyist

I have a simple question: has anyone received a knife from this dealer and found it to be authentic? If so, is the service decent? If so, I'm amazed and quite pleased to find someplace selling knives for such good prices...

mmmotorcycle

When his supplier bills him $150 for a knife that was sold for $23, I doubt the price will be honored.

and yes, you guys are going to hell...:)

You guys are all dismissing the fact that aho is a knife dealer advertising on BFC without a dealer membership. :thumbdn: :mad:

You guys are all dismissing the fact that aho is a knife dealer advertising on BFC without a dealer membership. :thumbdn: :mad:

Technically I'd say he simply responded to inquiries here about his site.

But that still doesn't change the fact that something's going on...what exactly I'm not sure yet, but something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back