• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Strider Knives, Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Imitation is not always a form of flattery," said Duane Dwyer of Strider Knives. "In these kinds of cases, it's manipulative, deceptive, shows a lack of integrity and capitalizes on somebody else's hard work," he continued.

Maby I missed it, what has this got to do with the subject at hand other than to cause a distraction.

If you read the part that is bold, you will see what it is that Bubbanumber1 is getting at. If what is being posted about Duane is true, then he could be describing himself.

"Service Numbers" have been SSNs since 1974. Even a resident alien who enlists in the armed forces has to apply for a SSN for pay purposes, and it became the soldier's service number.

The people to ask would be the folks at P.O.W. Network.

Yup, their answer is and has been that what they printed is factual........ blah blah blah.

They are yet another source that wants me to believe what they wrote is gospel, period because they are POWNET and they said so. I might give that more weight if I believed that they never once since their inception made an error or mistake.

So once again to power detractors; do you folks know where there is uncontroverted proof that Poland and Dwyer are one in the same?

There is proof that they are but it is not proof beyond reasonable doubt and to a moral certainty and that's my standard when about to destroy a man's reputation...............

Why is this so freaking difficult??? Print something simple like the request to get all FOIA available records for DWAYNE T. DWYER , as this might be a start. Then move to some clarification on the DOB issue(s), then on to how he can use Dwyer legally and so can his family if there is no record of a legal name change. For all the super slueths in the background this should be easier than writing a parking ticket...........

You're grasping at straws Wolfmann601.

My personal opinion is that someone who markets / marketed their military service would at least say that these accusations are either true or false.

The silence is deafening.

My personal opinion is that someone who markets / marketed their military service would at least say that these accusations are either true or false.

This seems to be a theme throughout this thread and it is a very poor argument.

Why does Duane have to post anything in this thread to prove anything to any of you?

If he knows the truth about his service record then he might could care less what everybody here thinks. Have you thought of that?

He probably learned long ago that it doesn't really matter what others think as long as he knows the truth.

Besides isn't the burden of proof on you to prove his guilt, not him to prove his innocence?

Or maybe his lawyer has told him to stay out of this because of future law suits?

There could be any number of reasons why he has not posted to this thread.

His silence here means absolutely nothing. Let's be reasonable here and quit the assumptions.

It is real clear that there is a hidden agenda here. This has nothing to do with POWnet being wonderful people that are just trying to help vets and find phonies. Anybody that has been around any knife forum can see that. Bubba and friends have a clear agenda.

Why does Duane have to post anything in this thread to prove anything to any of you?

If he knows the truth about his service record then he might could care less what everybody here thinks. Have you thought of that?

He probably learned long ago that it doesn't really matter what others think as long as he knows the truth.

Besides isn't the burden of proof on you to prove his guilt, not him to prove his innocence?

Or maybe his lawyer has told him to stay out of this because of future law suits?

His silence here means absolutely nothing. Let's be reasonable here and quit the assumptions.

Thats all well and good... Until you start a business.

POP SMOKE Wolfmann601....... it's time to give it up......

What Nordic Viking said got me to thinking even more.

He is absolutly right about what he said, IMO.
But, also IMO the way he said it leaves room for a tiny, tiny, tiny.......... speck of doubt.

But said this way.. in my mind ...... leaves no room for doubt.

"My personal opinion is that someone who markets / marketed their military service ... [ or, allows / allowed someone else to ] ....would at least say that these accusations are either true or false."

To me, the addition of those 6 words .......
............does truly make the silence .... deafening.
--------------------

My old long departed WW I VET grand daddy told me this years ago when I was a mere lad..........

"If it likes water, has feathers, and quacks ..... it's a duck. Don't try to say it's something else."

He had a point......... :thumbup:

It is real clear that there is a hidden agenda here. This has nothing to do with POWnet being wonderful people that are just trying to help vets and find phonies. Anybody that has been around any knife forum can see that. Bubba and friends have a clear agenda.

Thanks for saying all of that and I agree 100%.

I would like to see all of these posters hiding behind their screen Pseudonyms to identify themselves publicly. There is a freedom of speech amendment, however, I think it is shameful that they can use freedom of speech anonymously. Step up and let us know who you are and what the agenda really is....

Before you flame me; I collect Striders because I like them and not to re sell them. In essence what I collect is priceless and the resale is meaningless.

......... ....

OK.....
Tell me then since you know .... cause I do want to know.

What is that agenda ?

The "hidden" one you mention above and also the "clear" one that "Bubba and his friends have".

I am waiting to hear from you, cause I do want to know and it sounds like you have the answers.

Thank you. :thumbup:

Why is this so freaking difficult??? Print something simple like the request to get all FOIA available records for DWAYNE T. DWYER , as this might be a start. Then move to some clarification on the DOB issue(s), then on to how he can use Dwyer legally and so can his family if there is no record of a legal name change. For all the super slueths in the background this should be easier than writing a parking ticket...........

What exactly are you asking for, Wolfmann? Seems the FOIA request was made on a service number / social security number (or am I confused about that?) They obviously can't post his social security number on the net (or am I confused about that? Could they?) If they can't post his social security number what could they post that would clarify the identity issue?

As far as I understand the law, it is perfectly legal for him and his family to use any name / names they please, as long as it's not to impersonate someone or to evade prosecution. A legal name change can be a convenience but is not required; you can call yourself anything you want. (Am I confused about that too?)

Speaking of super sleuths, we have one or two people among the members here who are pretty good at sleuthing. Maybe they're on it already....

OK.....
Tell me then since you know .... cause I do want to know.

What is that agenda ?

The "hidden" one you mention above and also the "clear" one that "Bubba and his friends have".

I am waiting to hear from you, cause I do want to know and it sounds like you have the answers.

Thank you. :thumbup:

Come on now teacher. Do you really think that Bubba is not connected with Mclung, lance etc...... You mean to tell me that you haven't read the numerous threads on this. heck most of them are linked in this 45 page thread.

Go over to tacticalforums and read up, you will find your answers.

There is no end to this argument. The Strider haters will say their thing and the friends of Strider will say theirs. It will never end. Men don't grow up, hey just get a little more hair on their face. These threads are just like kids arguing in a school yard. Nobody ever wins in these arguments.

I was just posting about all of the assumptions being made. The TRUTH is that nobody has all of the facts except for Duane. Everybody else is just assuming.

I was just pointing out the FACT that his silence here means nothing other than he has chose to be silent.

Go ahead and assume what you want though.

First of all its not illegal to use any name whether its your birth name or not unless you do so to commit a crime.

Secondly. Tony I fully sympathize with the Strider/Dwyer fan base wanting to fully support Duane but the silence is a thing that is fine only for a time. Preparation time is fine and anyone can see that. I'm not sure how much longer people will accept that answer though. Its already been ample enough time to form a response by Duane according to many. Also, no one said he has to post here did they? I don't expect that this would be where any public statement was made and I doubt you'll find too many here that expect that really. Some might but that is kind of wishful thinking at best.

Lets think about this though a little further regarding making a statement of some kind. To me it seems that both Mick and Duane go out of their way in other ways to try to do things for the military members out there on active duty and those serving in Iraq, and veterans, and that they have shown by these actions in how much they give that they care about them both for their jobs, and as a customer of thiers and they even name knives after them showing that they admire and care for their past deeds when on active duty. In other words they apparently recognize they owe their customers a thanks and with that said I think Duane owes his customers a reply. I also think he knows this in his heart. Don't think of me or the guys you call the ones with the agenda. What about the guys that are true veterans carrying one of these Strider knives and hearing this for the first time. How bout the guy over in Iraq getting on the computer just now finding out the knife he bought may have been made by someone that is of an iffy military background?

If the customers of Strider knives that are disturbed by this are not important enough for him to reply to I think that would be a sorry excuse first of all, and secondly it would be sad also because it is in stark contrast to his past actions in how Strider knives does care for those in service. So are we to believe then that all those past actions of such giving and going above and beyond were just going through the motions with no real heart in the matter if this is the case? In other words, itt puzzles me to witness this silence also. In my private thoughts I think to myself at times that perhaps anything said at this point by Duane would just dig the hole deeper for himself so all he can do is remain silent.

By the way. I have seen enough now to know the Poland/Dwyer connection is made. Its a solid connection and not in dispute any longer by me. I'm convinced. We are talking about the same individual under either name. I wish I could share what I have seen other than this but I cannot as I said I would not but for the record I am 100% convinced now that Duane Dwyer is in fact Duane Poland.

STR

I am popping smoke, I give up...........

I guess I don't understand military records and thought they used a service number for a Thomas Poland and that somehow tied Dwyer into it. I did not know they used his current and actual SS #. So as it is Duane Dwyer's ss number then my argument is dead, dead, dead.................

I am done, the white flag can be seen through the smoke, come on, look closer, closer, closer!!!:p:p:p:D

IIRC, Mick Strider never came out on a public forum and made any statement about his lies. . . I doubt Dwyer will do so either.

They will remain silent while their supporters filibuster and obscure the issue. . .

I would be surprised if anything else happened.

First of all its not illegal to use any name whether its your birth name or not unless you do so to commit a crime.
STR

Do let me get this straight; IF after all the smoke has cleared and IF you have in fact defamed Duane or Mick, you will at that time come out from behind your screen name and identify yourself? Then would you be willing to subject yourself to the same scrutiny that you have placed on the Strider people?

:rolleyes:

"My personal opinion is that someone who markets / marketed their military service ... [ or, allows / allowed someone else to ] ....would at least say that these accusations are either true or false."

To me, the addition of those 6 words .......
............does truly make the silence .... deafening.

I been thinking some more. :jerkit: :eek: :D

I am a pretty easy going guy most of the time.

I think I could "live with it" ... even if it was said like below.... with the words in blue added.

"My personal opinion is that someone who markets / marketed their military service ... [ or, allows / allowed someone else to ] ....would at least say that these accusations are either true or false, [or that he had no comment at this time ]"

I personally could even respect that.
I don't know him and therefore have absolutely nothing against him.

I could respect a one short sentence answer.... true... false... or no comment at this time.

But I personally cannot & do not respect continued silence. Nor would I from anyone else in a similiar situation.

I don't expect any long drawn out explanation one way or the other... nor would I expect it to come here.

Whether this person made..... or allowed to be made without correction.... the claims that have been made about him.......
.........he should set the record straight, whatever that is.

Whatever he said at that point, as long as he said something .....
........I would give him the benefit of the doubt if it made any sense at all and was just not a big steaming pile of BS surroundrd by more smoke and mirrows.

RNST,

Let's go one step farther. Any of us here who are or were full time LEO's are used to that scrutiny, within their agencies, the courts, citizen review panels, and DA's offices. Working for the State of Calif, being untruthful would result in a minimum of a written reprimand and could result in termination. Lying under oath is called perjury and is usually a felony. And. as a peace officer, if you got caught lying in court, whether you were charged or not, the DA in that county wouldn't file any more of your cases. So you were fired ot transferred. So a lot of us are more than used to that kind of scrutiny.

Further, if your partner caught you lying about things you'd be looking for a new partner because no one wants to stake their life on a liar, or maybe get sued because of the liar's conduct.

And you are hiding behind a fake screen name. Afraid of public scrutiny?

Gene

Do let me get this straight; IF after all the smoke has cleared and IF you have in fact defamed Duane or Mick, you will at that time come out from behind your screen name and identify yourself? Then would you be willing to subject yourself to the same scrutiny that you have placed on the Strider people?

:rolleyes:

I am the one that should be rolling my eyes here. So, your favorite knife is a Sebenza, you are a knife enthusiast and you are living in Canada. This is all thats in your own profile and you want to talk to me about coming out from behind my screen name to ID myself? Have you read my profile of my bio in one of my sticky threads in my forum? Have you even been to my forum?

Also, I have been more than fair to both sides of this whole issue. By the way thanks for trying to lay the blame for this on me like I'm the one that put them under a microscope. I think it is high time you supporters start waking up to the facts that if anyone is to blame for anything about all this controversy its the very people being questioned not the ones doing the asking.

STR

Ok here you go.

My name is Richard Thomas, residing in North Vancouver, BC Canada. I have lived here most of my adult life. Anyone who wishes to correspond with me, please send me an email and I will gladly respond. go to 411.ca and you will most likely be able to find my house and use google maps to see its location.

For the record. I have neither supported the Strider side nor the anti Strider side of the story. I have however, stated that there are lots of people who have some sort of motivation to try Duane in public without a retort from him. It is one sided and unless you hear the WHOLE story then this entire thread is a waste of internet bandwidth. I do know people who know the Strider people very well personally and I was told that you will never hear the story and its not to evade this thread. There are other reasons is all I have been told.

If in the end if your side of the story has some merit, I will still buy Striders as well as CRK because I look at the knife not the person who worked on it. I am surprised there are not more of these threads versus other knife makers with dishonest business practices. Quite a few stories to tell on that side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back