• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Strider Knives, Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
** SNIPPED The "Court of Public Opinion" is not a court of law. There is NO "burden of proof/standard of proof in the Court of Public Opinion." Each member of the public uses whatever standard he or she feels is fair -- if standards are thought about at all. So talk of "moral certainty" or "beyond a reasonable doubt" is as meaningless as a "preponderance of the evidence" -- when directed to others. It's only for each of us.

Tom, please re-read my post. I am not making reference to any "legal" standard in the "Court of public opinion".
It is my standard that I apply when one's reputation can be permanently damaged beyond repair. If the proof is uncontroverted that Dwyer/Poland are one in the same and Duane was never a Scout Sniper, the damage done is self-inflicted and he deserves to be publicly flogged, tarred and feathered.

My standard requires me to be absolutely certain and until I see some of the proof STR and others have seen but cannot talk about I will not be absolutely certain. For me, eventhough what I have seen is very strong proof, I need to be 100% certain. I am not a Strider team member, I have never even exchanged one E-mail ever with the guy, I just cannot yet take sides. I hope that does not make me a bleeding heart; for the record I have no heart!!!

Oh and Tom I read your legal writings on the other page and I do agree with you 110%. The truth of the matter as you stated is that when a Defendant does not testify the jury "infers" there is something to hide. All the instruction in the world will not change human nature, in lots of situations silence infers guilt. If I were a Juror and this was a Trial the silence here would be booming.

Back to my smoke popping.................

Once again, Wolfmann, what evidence do you think should be posted? Do you want them to post his social security number, or what?

Maybe you should contact some of the people Duane hangs out with like Chuck Mawhinney, or Max Joseph, etc.. Maybe they could tell you about Duane and what he is cablable of or not, and if they think any different of him in light of this "information" On second thought they probably wouldnt take your calls now would they?

Just got a call from the EPA. You gonna have to pick up all them names you dropped.

NO Cougar I do not. I want to know what the correct DOB is. That's NOT difficult considering all that's known by POWNET . Then just tie in the connection between Poland and Dwyer. Yeah, yeah I have heard it Cougar, the number, the number, but PLEASE explain to me ( I am just plain stupid here, I just cannot understand why the request is for Poland's records) tell me why they requested the records on POLAND and not Dwyer, PLEASE cause I don't get it. Is there any military records for a Sgt. Dwyer or are they all for Sgt. Poland? I did a Zabasearch, Googlesearch and a few other freebie ones and all kinds of crap comes up, none ties these two guys at the hip.

But in the final anaylsis it's only my conclusion and I am certainly not a member of this jury so my holding out for my level of proof truly means zippo in the knife world. May I suggest all just ignore me or explain to me in terms that bypass my stupidity, the final pieces I need to be certain the guy is a true POSER.

I know it's true because Lance Harris said so!!!:D:D

I don't know, maybe I've got this all wrong, but I thought they made the FOIA request on his service number / social security number, not on a name, and the Pentagon responded with the records for Poland. Isn't that what it says? I'll look again when I get a minute....

This is a different matter and will be my last post/comment on this matter as well.

Trace Rinaldi writes:

"Maybe you should contact some of the people Duane hangs out with like Chuck Mawhinney, or Max Joseph, etc.. Maybe they could tell you about Duane and what he is cablable of or not, and if they think any different of him in light of this "information" On second thought they probably wouldnt take your calls now would they?"

=================================================================================================
Trace Rinaldi writes:

"On second thought they probably wouldnt take your calls now would they?"

Just now got off the phone with MAX JOSEPH on 1/10/08 @ 0955 hrs. PST and I have his permission to make this comment.

I have directed him to the link.

=================================================================================================

NEGATIVE, MAX JOSEPH or TFTT does NOT have ANY involvement with STRIDER KNIVES or DUANE DWYER PERIOD.

Again part of the cross vett/deny/counter-accuse BS tactics these guys are doing.

Don't believe it check it out for yourselves...

End of story PERIOD.:barf:

Who is Max Joseph?

EDIT: Is this him? http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Joseph_Max_2525358.aspx
Max is the founder and training director of both TFTT and the Direct Action Group. Max has been involved in Special Operations and training non-stop for the last 21 years. He has trained and worked with Counter-Terrorist officers and troops from Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe, the Middle East and South America. In addition to running TFTT/Direct Action Group full time, Max also proudly served as the Senior Instructor for the Tactical Explosive Entry School from 1993-2005 both in the United States and Brazil. He is recognized as a subject matter expert in explosives for Tactical Breaching and other Special Operations. He also has extensive experience in Executive Protection and has worked details in Central America, South America, Eastern Europe and Afghanistan. He is currently still operational in several capacities both in and out of CONUS.

So, let me make sure I have this right.....

Trace Rinaldi says the below:

Maybe you should contact some of the people Duane hangs out with like Chuck Mawhinney, or Max Joseph, etc.. Maybe they could tell you about Duane and what he is cablable of or not, and if they think any different of him in light of this "information" On second thought they probably wouldnt take your calls now would they?

Then Tamishigiri does as suggested.........
...................calls Max Joseph...
.......[one of the people DD "hangs out with"..... .... according to
Trace Rinaldi]

Max does in fact accept the call and then denies having ANY involvement with Strider Knives or DD ?

This is a different matter and will be my last post/comment on this matter as well.

Trace Rinaldi writes:
"Maybe you should contact some of the people Duane hangs out with like Chuck Mawhinney, or Max Joseph, etc.. Maybe they could tell you about Duane and what he is cablable of or not, and if they think any different of him in light of this "information" On second thought they probably wouldnt take your calls now would they?"

Just now got off the phone with MAX JOSEPH on 1/10/08 @ 0955 hrs. and I have his permission to make this comment. I directed him to the link.

NEGATIVE, MAX JOSEPH does NOT have ANY involvement with STRIDER KNIVES or DUANE DWYER PERIOD.

Again part of the cross vett/deny/counter-accuse BS tactics these guys are doing.

Don't believe it check it out for yourselves...

End of story PERIOD.:barf:

Sounds lke he was unaware of this thread also, if you directed him to a link to it ??

Wow.... it would be really interesting to know how he feels now....after seeing this thread.... along with his name in it as someone DD "hangs out with".

Sounds as though it was... "news to him". :eek:

Wonder if he was shocked or surprised ???

Ouch ..........:eek:

Very interesting .......;)

It was poor form to drop names like that.. I have met and seen Chuck with Duane at Blade Show a couple times and know they are tight. I was told just the other day by a good friend that would know that Max had told him Duane was the real deal. I dont know Max at all but have a few mutual friends.

Like I said it was poor form to drop names, you can now continue on with whatever it is you all are doing. I wont bother with this thread anymore.

I don't know, maybe I've got this all wrong, but I thought they made the FOIA request on his service number / social security number, not on a name, and the Pentagon responded with the records for Poland. Isn't that what it says? I'll look again when I get a minute....

Cougar,
According to Pow network they did an FOIA by service number and a bunch of alliases. When you actually look at the file the first paragraph from the government letter says they only requested Poland's records.

I refer you back to this post 878 http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5216558&postcount=878

Now I may be mistaken , but I believe it is still against Gov policy to run records searches by SS number with out the persons permission, unless they are dead.

I also take notice that pownetwork is suggesting people personally ask Dwyer to answer these charges and to make sure he signs a form 180. If they aready did a search by his social security number they don't need that form signed and submitted.

I can't speak for anything else, but a signed form SF180 authorizes a full release of that person's military records, not the redacted stuff we've seen. It'd eliminate all confusion about who is who, that's for sure.

I don't get it then with these service numbers. The response from Government reads like Mary Schantag asked for the records of Tom Poland.

Would military records include Aliases? Would they allow a Soldier to go by multiple names? As I said before, I am just plain stupid on getting the tie in between the two. I would even stipulate to the different dates of birth if someone could conclusively show (to me) the tie in. Why does/how does Mary Schantag know to ask for records from Tom Poland.
Also because of my difficulty reading military records, was Tom Poland a Sgt. or a Cpl.?

Wolfmann,
The first paragraph would have read differently, It would have shown all the search criteria and then subsequent paragraphs would have eithes given info on those names or asked for seperate FOIA requests for each one which is more likely.

This from a previous post.

THE PRIVACY ACT OF 1974
5 U.S.C. § 552a
As Amended
§ 552a. Records maintained on individuals
=
(i)(1) Criminal penalties
Any officer or employee of an agency, who by virtue of his employment or official position, has possession of, or access to, agency records which contain individually identifiable information the disclosure of which is prohibited by this section or by rules or regulations established thereunder, and who knowing that disclosure of the specific material is so prohibited, willfully discloses the material in any manner to any person or agency not entitled to receive it, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and fined not more than $5,000.(2) Any officer or employee of any agency who willfully maintains a system of records without meeting the notice requirements of subsection (e)(4) of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and fined not more than $5,000.
(3) Any person who knowingly and willfully requests or obtains any record concerning an individual from an agency under false pretenses shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and fined not more than $5,000.

And from the same post:

VA follows the requirements of the Privacy Act, which protects your personal information that VA maintains in “systems of records”. A system of records is a file, database, or program from which personal information is retrieved by name or other personal identifier. The Privacy Act provides a number of protections for your personal information. These typically include how information is collected, used, disclosed, stored, and disposed.
=
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties outside VA without your consent, except to facilitate the transaction, to act on your behalf at your request, or as authorized by law.

I can't speak for anything else, but a signed form SF180 authorizes a full release of that person's military records, not the redacted stuff we've seen. It'd eliminate all confusion about who is who, that's for sure.

Nobody in their right mind would sign one, it's an identity theft gold mine.

Cougar,
According to Pow network they did an FOIA by service number and a bunch of alliases. When you actually look at the file the first paragraph from the government letter says they only requested Poland's records.

Okay, they did the FOIA request specifying his service number (which is also his social security number) AND a bunch of aliases. The Pentagon responded with his military record with the social security number & next of kin info redacted, and wrote a cover letter saying you asked for Poland's record, here it is.

Am I missing anything here? As far as I can see the only possibility of a mistake would be if they somehow had the wrong service number / social security number for Duane Dwyer. They haven't posted the number and as far as I know they can't, or won't anyway. So, what could they post that would show the current Duane Dwyer of Strider Knives and the Thomas D. Poland of the military record are the same person?

Thanks Micky!!!

I am now completely and totally confused............

So, is this a request based on a name or numbers? Are they Aliases from some paid records site or a more reliable source (military??). I have never run one but how accurate can a $49.99 computer check done by folks no one knows? If used by LE would it be taken as conclusive, presumptive, or simply informational? It must be the onset of Alziehmers because I remain lost and clueless on the name identity issue.

Duane____________(insert name) is never going to sign a release to be posted here, POWNET or anywhere else and I have never met him.
I still do not get it, looks like I never will...............

SO, So ( just ignore me, it's easier:D:D) maybe Mary should register here and tell us how POWNET determined Dwyer is Poland, and uses other names also.

For that matter, if Poland is using Dwyer's SSN to steal his identity, how would the military records for Poland in the 80's have Dwyer's SSN? Doesn't that seem backwards - if someone's SSN is being used improperly, wouldn't it seem that the background searches are confusing Dwyer for Poland, and not vice versa?

If they both have separate SSNs, wouldn't the background search companies have two separate records for them, instead of combining the two?

I can understand that Duane would not feel like coming here to explain himself, but I can't understand why he doesn't seem to have contacted POWNET with a cease and desist letter. If what is posted on the POWNET site is erroneous, I find it hard to believe that Duane just doesn't care if that type of information is there for the whole world to see.

Clear up the whole FOIA debate real easy. All POWNETWORK has to do is post their FOIA request with the "Service" number redacted along with a copy of the origional follow up letter dated Augest 16 2007 from the Dept of the Navy.

I have met and seen Chuck with Duane at Blade Show a couple times and know they are tight.

How much money dos Chuck make from Strider Knives? Particularly the knife with his name on it?

I am real tight with the people that pay me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back