• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Anybody know of an alternative for a GSO 3.5?

People often recommend CPK but they got a different blade profile. What initially drew me to SK was their spear point blades which you don't see very often..only blade that comes close is the Becker BK16 but thats a FFG.

I think offering people a similar alternative might be more productive..

View attachment 1819930

View attachment 1819932

been looking for a boney active duty for quite some time - no luck so far

I suggest to ask your more general question in the Busse forum ... somebody will help, I'm sure :)

And don't forget the custom route .... the small one below is M4 (which I love), but you could pick steel (3V, 10V, Magnacut, AEB-L, etc.), thickness, shape, etc., all for < $300.

i-ZfbCGBn-X2.jpg

I suggest to ask your more general question in the Busse forum ... somebody will help, I'm sure :)

And don't forget the custom route .... the small one below is M4 (which I love), but you could pick steel (3V, 10V, Magnacut, AEB-L, etc.), thickness, shape, etc., all for < $300.

i-ZfbCGBn-X2.jpg

Awesome CPE collection you got there!

Might have to go custom, until i find my grail orange BAD.

Wünsche dir noch einen schönen Tag.

Just playing devil's advocate here. Do you think it's a catch-22? Giving them money allows for the continued cycle of duplicity, yet, also gives them the means to make good on their 6 and 7-year-old orders. Is it better for them to go bankrupt tomorrow at the cost of all those unfilled preorders if it means people in the future won't be milked and Survive! doesn't make any more money?

....... at some point the bubble has to pop. When it does someone (obviously more than one) is left with an unfulfilled order and a tiny % of what they are owed from the bankruptcy. I am sure that the snakes at Perish Knives have structured their company(s) so as to protect their individual assets from the fallout as well. The question here, using the premise above, is who should it be left holding the bag ? The people who paid up SEVEN BLOODY YEARS AGO or the person who should probably know better now ? Using today's money to build yesterday's orders (and knives which really are no longer what was actually ordered) is almost the the definition of Ponzi which means there WILL be a looser at some point. The ONLY reason this has not all come crashing down already is that the people who are on the hook for the $s are in for so little it is not life altering. I mean if these were houses waiting to be built (after being paid for) people would already have burning torches and lives ruined. If a person is still waiting since 2015 (and I don't mean to disparage those who choose to) and have not asked for the $s back then they probably don't "need" the money (that does not mean they are not owed it or to lessen the dishonesty of the loss). All in all, and trying to find the lesser of evils here, it would be better if the business folded without incurring any new debts and those holding out for a knife take their chances on getting a sliver of the bankruptcy.

It is too bad that someone doesn't open a class-action suit against them. If that is even possible.
Bottom line, it is at the point that they really should be forced to sell all the assets they have to pay back the people they have robbed. I believe they have said it themselves that they need the new money coming in to actually build the knives that have already been paid for. That seems to me that they are admitting to an illegal practice. I think all they're doing anymore is delaying the inevitable implosion anyway. Guy may have started out with an honest idea to try to build good knives of his own design, but didn't have any of the business skills required to survive that endeavor (no pun intended). And apparently knife-making skills that were mediocre at best (I'm guessing, as it seems he ceased doing any work himself a long time ago).

Anybody know of an alternative for a GSO 3.5?

People often recommend CPK but they got a different blade profile. What initially drew me to SK was their spear point blades which you don't see very often..only blade that comes close is the Becker BK16 but thats a FFG.

I think offering people a similar alternative might be more productive..

View attachment 1819930

View attachment 1819932
Have you checked out White River Knives?
They have some blades with similar blade profiles that remind me of SK without all the drama-lama-ding-dong.

Have you checked out White River Knives?
They have some blades with similar blade profiles that remind me of SK without all the drama-lama-ding-dong.
yes..i like the backpacker very much but it's more of an EDC knife..the others don't speak to me..

thanks for the suggestion 👍

have a nice day!

It is too bad that someone doesn't open a class-action suit against them. If that is even possible.
Could be tricky.

Survive! is a LLC or Limited Liability Company. Besides providing certain tax advantages LLC's offer owners liability protection.

So a lawsuit may hold Survive! LLC liable, but not necessarily Guy.

If you could prove Guy was reckless or committed fraud while acting on behalf of the LLC then he could be personally liable. Proving that is often difficult which is why they're so popular.

Could be tricky.

Survive! is a LLC or Limited Liability Company. Besides providing certain tax advantages LLC's offer owners liability protection.

So a lawsuit may hold Survive! LLC liable, but not necessarily Guy.

If you could prove Guy was reckless or committed fraud while acting on behalf of the LLC then he could be personally liable. Proving that is often difficult which is why they're so popular.
So.... would admitting you need new money to complete old blades constitute fraud on behalf of Survive? It would take some searching, but I thought he did exactly that on youtube. I guess youtube isn't admissible in court?

So.... would admitting you need new money to complete old blades constitute fraud on behalf of Survive? It would take some searching, but I thought he did exactly that on youtube. I guess youtube isn't admissible in court?
It would have to be proven that the intent was present to defraud customers. Prove that they willingly knew they couldn't provide the products as promised and knowingly mislead people about timelines and such.

If they were just shitty with their business model and executing their plan then it would be hard to get them on fraud. "I made bad decisions and didn't deliver but had genuinely good intentions" defense. I don't believe that would satisfy the bar for negligence (to go after Guy specifically).

The accusations about double-selling "factory seconds" seems like it would be a good avenue for a lawsuit to gain traction.

I guess youtube isn't admissible in court?

It totally can be, it just needs to be deemed admissible by the judge.

It would have to be proven that the intent was present to defraud customers. Prove that they willingly knew they couldn't provide the products as promised and knowingly mislead people about timelines and such.

If they were just shitty with their business model and executing their plan then it would be hard to get them on fraud. "I made bad decisions and didn't deliver but had genuinely good intentions" defense. I don't believe that would satisfy the bar for negligence (to go after Guy specifically).

The accusations about double-selling "factory seconds" seems like it would be a good avenue for a lawsuit to gain traction.

It totally can be, it just needs to be deemed admissible by the judge.

Something that could easily be done by the fact that they were creating new knife models and shipping some out years after old customers were still owed knives. They wouldn't even be able to argue it.

can’t believe this survive nonsense is still on going. I got an old spec GSO 5.1 in a trade, but I would never directly give them money or support their fly by night bull-ish.

If they had missed one or two deadlines, the "we didn't know and are just bad at business" defense might work. But nearly a decade of "missing" deadlines? No one is buying that.

The obstacle to legal action is the amount of money each individual is out and the need to organize them all. Survive, being professional scamming conmen do just enough to avoid legal issues. This is an art and the hallmark of a true con.

They have people all over the internet defending them, after all....

Last edited:
no one's taken a dump on S!K for a minute here, so lets just pause and remember how much they suck as a company and as people.
...and please do not forget ALL THE TIMES Guy has told us that they were just a short time away from making major changes. S!K still has open orders from 2015. Many orders placed in 2019 - 2021 are not complete.

BTW, what happened to Shane? He seems to have disappeared from the S!K propaganda films.

...and please do not forget ALL THE TIMES Guy has told us that they were just a short time away from making major changes. S!K still has open orders from 2015. Many orders placed in 2019 - 2021 are not complete.

BTW, what happened to Shane? He seems to have disappeared from the S!K propaganda films.
He might have realized that how crooked the owners of the company actually were, and decided to get out while he could still stay free.

Back