• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Im am curious how members here can talk negatively about other members and call them “shills” and “apologists” when all they did was say they ordered and received. When someone else asks them for proof, they show a picture of their knife. They even then recommend people dont buy from Survive!, yet fellow members call them names.

Every knife I ever ordered from survive showed up eventually and every refund I demanded also showed up. I also warn people and recommend not ordering. Does that make me a shill too?

I think members need to be more respectful to each other.

Talk all the shit you want about S!K, they earned it, but upstanding members sharing their own experience DOES NOT warrant bashing.
Maybe it's because S!K is a Ponzi scam, and every time someone buys another knife, even if they receive it, they are supporting this Ponzi scam, and making it possible for these scammers to keep scamming more people for longer, and saying "Hey, I know lots of people got scammed, but looky! I got MY knife!" is not only uncool, but might encourage more future victims to support some criminals.
Perhaps it's that.

Maybe it's because S!K is a Ponzi scam, and every time someone buys another knife, even if they receive it, they are supporting this Ponzi scam, and making it possible for these scammers to keep scamming more people for longer, and saying "Hey, I know lots of people got scammed, but looky! I got MY knife!" is not only uncool, but might encourage more future victims to support some criminals.
Perhaps it's that.
^^^ This. 100% agree with what he said.

S!K has deleted 11 of the 13 comments on their last post. Many of those posts were from customers that could not get refunds or a response from S!K. Months ago Ellie promised that a new employee was going to deal with all these issues. Obviously, that did not happen.

Im am curious how members here can talk negatively about other members and call them “shills” and “apologists” when all they did was say they ordered and received. When someone else asks them for proof, they show a picture of their knife. They even then recommend people dont buy from Survive!, yet fellow members call them names.
Not saying that you have done it, but there are people in this thread encouraging people to buy knives listed "in stock" since they are shipping out those orders from time to time. That's the kind of post that a lot of people are taking issue with.

I keep looking for the answer but do we have any reports of any delivered pre-order knives? I seem to just see shills who have bought seconds or other in stock knives.
Survive hasn't updated their production numbers since August, but the last several updates have not shown a lot of delivered knives for anything 2022 and older. Look at the progress in the last 8 months.

uiVj1dq.jpg

Last edited:
T toker but we have established previously that in those number they counted refunds as completed so for all we know those 99.3% for 2015 is 99.3% of orders have been refunded the question is is there even a single person shill or otherwise who can say "I pre-ordered and got the pre-ordered knife". It is just more trash on the heap but still I believe a significant sign of their true methods and intentions.

Sorry for everyone out 400 bucks on a knife, I'm rooting for bankruptcy.
It's time for the Survive saga to end.

His latest video does seem to set him up to claim victimhood once he files for Bankruptcy !

I have seen people saying that S!K quality is great if the product is delivered, but seeing all that defective parts on video is not inspiring confidence in their quality.
I wonder why they would have GSO 5.1/5.3/5.5/5.7 on their product line which are practically the same model. Perhaps this is due to binning of the parts after grinding off the imperfections to different degrees.

Last edited:
I didn't bother watching the entire video but did notice the criticism directed towards Busse at the 5:11 mark.

.. I know which I would feel more comfortable being “into” for on a “pre-order” and which blade I would prefer to have a decade on.

Finally watched the video. My only observation is not related to knives at all.

For work, I sometimes have to run experiments in a very different business environment than producing knives, but one thing I recognize is that feeling when results are ambiguous but the cost of those results was not.

One of the things you learn is to pay attention to getting over your skis, and don't let yourself get confused about what's R&D and what's production, no matter how much you want it. If you keep betting on things you don't understand, eventually it won't work out.

Maybe you should pay for a membership here instead of trying to start arguments with people. All the fecal matter that you type here is practically slanderous. Direct it all at Guy and Ellie of Survive Knives, but respect your fellow members

I actually feel bad for you that something so inconsequential in life has you so fired up.
ugh...

To imply that myself or a few other members are somehow part of survive’s scam is just complete crap and I am going to defend myself. Ive done nothing wrong.

COMMENT EDITED OUT SINCE I WAS TOLD TO LEAVE THEM OUT OF THE CONVERSATION.
You seem to still not understand what survive is doing or how a ponzi scheme works. Please reread the thread, and since you like definitions so much, look up ponzi scheme.

You have almost 40% of your posts on bladeforums in the now shutdown survive safe space. You spent your time singing the praises of a company many of us saw as a scam long ago. You got upset we called them out then, and you still are now. You are saying the same things now as you did then. "I got all the knives I ordered".

All just the facts.

I know exactly what a ponzi scheme is.

Yes, when I joined blade forums I was spending most of my time in their sub-forum because I liked the other members there, the conversations there and god forbid… I liked their product. Guess what… there was a boatload of members that felt the same way as me and participated the same as me in that sub forum. I guess they were all shills too. And yes I was rooting for the company to be successful. I thought the designs and apparent quality had huge potential.

My recent comments on the business practices were just my opinion of how Guy took something that had potential and F’d it all up. But, because I didnt automatically grab my pitchfork and torch and join the PON-ZI, PON-ZI, PON-ZI chant some how I became the bad guy.

The only thing that irritated me is that you and few others accuse me and a few others of somehow being involved or accomplices in the scam. I asked you to be respectful of other members and you flamed me for it. I mentioned that other reputable makers (whom are both fantastic dudes) worked with Survive and was actually moderated for it. Nobody called them shills and they actually did work with him. You can find the proof in their own forums. Other people in this very thread questioned if anyone that preordered actually received the knife they preordered. Why ask the question if you are gonna roast anyone who tries to answer it?

Theres not much left to say about this mess.

Let this be a warning to anyone else. This topic is a landmine and the only safe way to participate is to agree

I think people should report the truth of their experiences. Reading others experiences about SK saying they will try and get their knife out ASAP and not doing so and then not sending the promised refund and then ghosting them was my exact experience which made me come to my conclusion that they are running a scam. If you received your pre order order then post it. I personally would like to see who is getting them vs who isn't along with order dates. I just want my refund as they promised. The thought of them stealing my money is what bothers me. Dont even want the knife anymore as I would be embarrased to own it.

I know exactly what a ponzi scheme is.

Yes, when I joined blade forums I was spending most of my time in their sub-forum because I liked the other members there, the conversations there and god forbid… I liked their product. Guess what… there was a boatload of members that felt the same way as me and participated the same as me in that sub forum. I guess they were all shills too. And yes I was rooting for the company to be successful. I thought the designs and apparent quality had huge potential.

My recent comments on the business practices were just my opinion of how Guy took something that had potential and F’d it all up. But, because I didnt automatically grab my pitchfork and torch and join the PON-ZI, PON-ZI, PON-ZI chant some how I became the bad guy.

The only thing that irritated me is that you and few others accuse me and a few others of somehow being involved or accomplices in the scam. I asked you to be respectful of other members and you flamed me for it. I mentioned that other reputable makers (whom are both fantastic dudes) worked with Survive and was actually moderated for it. Nobody called them shills and they actually did work with him. You can find the proof in their own forums. Other people in this very thread questioned if anyone that preordered actually received the knife they preordered. Why ask the question if you are gonna roast anyone who tries to answer it?

Theres not much left to say about this mess.

Let this be a warning to anyone else. This topic is a landmine and the only safe way to participate is to agree
My dude, you still aren't getting that you were a cog in the ponzi scheme, a requirement for it to work. Oh well, horse to water and all that...

I think people should report the truth of their experiences. Reading others experiences about SK saying they will try and get their knife out ASAP and not doing so and then not sending the promised refund and then ghosting them was my exact experience which made me come to my conclusion that they are running a scam. If you received your pre order order then post it. I personally would like to see who is getting them vs who isn't along with order dates. I just want my refund as they promised. The thought of them stealing my money is what bothers me. Dont even want the knife anymore as I would be embarrased to own it.
Absolutely people should report their experiences. But when the rose colored glasses start coming out with the whole "I got mine" mentality, this forum will call that out. No one should think that since someone got their's that giving survive a chance is a good idea. Not remotely. And when that talk starts coming from long time past survive fans, welp, Houston we have a problem.

Good on you for not wanting the knife, I wouldn't either. Do all you can to get your money back. Tons of advice in this thread.

Guy has posted 5 videos on YouTube in the last 24 hours. He is big mad and is going to air all the dirty laundry. According to him, it is the steel's fault...

S!K STILL has open orders from 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and AT LEAST 60% of the orders placed in 2022 are still outstanding. There are NUMEROUS reports of customers that cannot get refunds or even a reply to emails. S!K's BBB rating is F.

But the steel is the problem.

Are any of you knife makers or related to knife makers who might be competitors to, or former business associates of SK!? In full transparency, you should disclose that. With all of the much deserved criticism of SK!, I think that piece of information is vital to help the reader better understand the narrative.

As much as I have bashed Guy, his recent videos were giving me food for thought.

That was until he showed the GSO12 or 10s. He stated how the materials were causing delays, thus he had a whooping 8, let me repeat, EIGHT total hours required to finish the entire remaining pre orders!

WTH!?...5+ years people are waiting and he can't put in 8 hours?

He's spent that editing videos the past month.

He talked about a BladeHQ deal. He was going to sell production knives online before delivering his outstanding?

I'm can't get a read on this Guy. He's asking for empathy but shows none for the people he has taken for a ride.

He's asking people to buy K890 blades to keep his shop afloat while he "works through" the steel issues.

This is sure getting interesting.

Back