• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SURVIVE! Knives EDC-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the direction Roland. This INSANELY SHARP edc4 needs a home. I already have ParaDex Tactical making me a kydex sheath but I would sure like to have a high end leather sheath for this beauty of a knife.

Martin Swinkels actually has a few of my EDC-4's right now for template knives. If you want a sheath made by him, you can do it now, without having to send him your knife.

Got this one today and I LOVE IT
IMG_3382_zps3cac8250.jpg

IMG_3395_zps52dce254.jpg
Nothing left to say except great photos man! Enjoy your EDC-4!

I'm very interested in the EDC4! Does
It come with a sheath? Who is this ParaDax tactical? Are they the only ones making a kydex sheath? Thanks a lot.

Was holding off ordering an EDC-4, as I'm out of the country at present, but see that they are now sold out. Will you have more of these in Elmax at the same price? If so, I will be in for one. Not so interested in the 3V, as I already have a couple of 3V knives in that size.

I'm very interested in the EDC4! Does
It come with a sheath? Who is this ParaDax tactical? Are they the only ones making a kydex sheath? Thanks a lot.
Yes, sheaths are available from Paradex Tactical and I'm also working with Kiah of Kiahdex sheath systems on some sheath options. If anyone wants a high end sheath, Martin Swinkels also has an EDC-4 template knife. Moving forward, I'll have sheaths available before I release any models.

Was holding off ordering an EDC-4, as I'm out of the country at present, but see that they are now sold out. Will you have more of these in Elmax at the same price? If so, I will be in for one. Not so interested in the 3V, as I already have a couple of 3V knives in that size.
Yes, I'm just getting started. I'll be doing a follow up run just before Christmas, in both Elmax and CPM-3V. And yes, I'm trying to maintain the price of $165 all the time for the Elmax EDC-4's. The EDC-4's in CPM-3V (NOT CPM-S30V) will be around $155.

Just wanted to throw some photos up of Kiah's handy work on my EDC-4 model. He currently has one of my knives for templating, so feel free to contact him if you are in need of EDC-4 pants. You can find him here on bladeforums or by contacting him at: Kiah@Kiahdex.com

Kiah absolutely read my mind for the SURVIVE! OEM base clip. Shown in the photo is the high ride version but he is also working on a lower ride version. The clip will easily and securely attach to your pants, a belt, a gun belt, a molle equipment belt or any other 1" or 2" molle platform. The base clip will also support upright and inverted carry. It can even be used in a horizontal configuration, with just a little wiggling. That part was an accident but it turned out really cool. This set up is a little weight forward so you'll want to wear a belt when carrying horizontal. You can also mount the sheath body to your own mounting system or use the slots to lash it to your equipment.

Attaching the base clip to a molle system is very easy. Just remove the clip from the sheath body and secure it to you molle platform. Then simply reattach the sheath body and you are good to go. You can get several clips and very quickly transfer your sheath body from one platform to another, without removing the base clip from each molle platform. The split clip ensures a very secure fit on any molle type webbing platform.

pancake line up.jpghorizontal carry standing.jpgmounted to molle.jpgsheath and base clip.jpgbase clip.jpg

Last edited:
Ok,,,I said I would chime back in when I had a final decision. I mentioned that the EDC-4 looked like it was in the running to replace my Fallkniven in my go bag. The Fallkniven has been officially replaced by the EDC-4 in Elmax. I figured I would like the size and handle shape, and figured it would make a great survival knife for my go bag,,,but I was not expecting to like it as much as I do. As a matter of fact, I liked it so much, that the EDC-4 in Elmax is in the pack, and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I now have a EDC-4 in CPM3V that is my everyday sheath knife. I play with at least one or two new knives a week, but this is the first time I have ever bought two of the same model knife inside of 2 months for myself.

As a side note,,,my wife now wants one of her own,,,,so now Ive got to get scales made for her in Neon Pink G10. One of the very few knives that has fit my hand and hers well.

Please, please after the chopper run is complete, if possible, do a run of the EDC-4 in 3V or elmax, put me down for one, Looks like a winner for sure!

Please, please after the chopper run is complete, if possible, do a run of the EDC-4 in 3V or elmax, put me down for one, Looks like a winner for sure!

No worries! That is exactly what is going to be happening.

I'm quite interested in one as well. My phone doesn't navigate the website very well but when I get home from vacation, I'd like to see what I can do to be out in the list for the next run. Your edc-4 looks like what I've been looking for.

Hello Folks,

What is the grind configuration on the EDC-4's? Is it a convex sabergrind or flat sabergrind? Or am I a miss all together? I've searched for this information but have not been able to find anything conclusive.

Thank you kindly.

Sincerely,
Mark

Hello Folks,

What is the grind configuration on the EDC-4's? Is it a convex sabergrind or flat sabergrind? Or am I a miss all together? I've searched for this information but have not been able to find anything conclusive.

Thank you kindly.

Sincerely,
Mark

The grind is fairly unique and not utilized much in production knives. It's an asymmetric saber style grind. The panels are flat ground but get smaller toward the blade tip, for a more robust, stronger point. The result is a lighter, stronger knife, that has enhanced tip strength when compared to a traditional saber or flat ground blade. The puts meat where you need it, to mitigate lateral stresses, without the weight penalty of a thicker knife. The "v" bevel cutting edge is done by hand and the knives cut like crazy. Well, anyone who has commented on my knives will tell you about the sharpness and cutting ability. I hope I've answered your question, without being too long winded.

The grind is fairly unique and not utilized much in production knives. It's an asymmetric saber style grind. The panels are flat ground but get smaller toward the blade tip, for a more robust, stronger point. The result is a lighter, stronger knife, that has enhanced tip strength when compared to a traditional saber or flat ground blade. The puts meat where you need it, to mitigate lateral stresses, without the weight penalty of a thicker knife. The "v" bevel cutting edge is done by hand and the knives cut like crazy. Well, anyone who has commented on my knives will tell you about the sharpness and cutting ability. I hope I've answered your question, without being too long winded.

Thank you for your quick reply. You answered my question fully and I thank you for taking the time to do so! :)

Sincerely,
Mark

Hello Folks,

I just placed an order for two EDC-4 knives, one in CPM-3V and the other in ELMAX. I am looking forward to receiving these very much!

Take care.

Sincerely,
Mark

Hello Folks,

I just placed an order for two EDC-4 knives, one in CPM-3V and the other in ELMAX. I am looking forward to receiving these very much!

Take care.

Sincerely,
Mark

Doh! False Alarm everyone! I was making some back end changes, to allow everyone the ability to browse the available options awhile and that allowed a false check out. Nobody is missing out. The EDC-4 is NOT currently available. LOL I know I explained in the email but again, I'm sorry about that.

Very cool knives! I'll have to add you to the list of knives I hope to buy in the next couple of years! :D

Keep up the stellar work (also, great work on your logo! Looks fantastic on the blade!)

Guy, just a couple of suggestions: the product page for each knife doesn't list dimensions,
or any details on the kydex sheaths offered. Knives look great! Is there going to be a pre-order
or signup for the ECD-4 in Elmax? I know they're not scheduled to be for sale for a couple months,
but I think a few of us would like to get on the list.

Guy, just a couple of suggestions: the product page for each knife doesn't list dimensions,
or any details on the kydex sheaths offered. Knives look great! Is there going to be a pre-order
or signup for the ECD-4 in Elmax? I know they're not scheduled to be for sale for a couple months,
but I think a few of us would like to get on the list.

Ok, let me try to answer your questions and lay out some additional info, right here in this post. lol

First, the site is still being brought up to "my" standard and will be changing very shortly, to a more comprehensive layout that includes an overview, tech specs, options and video(s). I'm also still working with Kiah to get all of the sheath colors and options made, so I can expand on that and provide more info on the site. So anything site related, just know I am working on it. ;)

Ok, next, about the EDC-4 itself. I am currently working on a few tiny tweaks in preparation for the next release. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the EDC-4 now, I'm just making it a little more functional by adopting a slightly more spear point and a more refined pommel, that gives you just a tiny bit more usable handle space. The design is going to be 95% unchanged and at a casual glance you'll be hard pressed to tell a difference. All the great ergonomics will be retained, so for anyone worrying right now, don't. I got this.

ALSO, I am considering doing a very special Christmas preorder promotion, similar to the one I'm currently running for the GSO-10. I want to give you smaller knife guys something too. More news on that in the next week or so. I need to get the revision buttoned up and stare at it awhile, before showing it off. I also need to verify that the mill will be able to meet my steel demand. My GSO-10 steel order cleared them out on that particular thickness of 3V. The EDC-4 uses stock that is a bit thinner in the hot rolled state but I need to have my bases covered before getting people too excited. The ELMAX is imported so I'll need to verify that is available as well. I can't run anything if the sheet stock won't be available. And for some reason a few colors of canvas micarta have been hard to find in sheets recently.

Ok, I think I've covered pretty much everything but if I missed something, please let me know and I'll get on it.

-Guy

Last edited:
Just found this thread. Definitely interested in a smaller version. Funny as I started from the beginning reading thinking all the way "hmmm...if it was just a little smaller like an EDC-3" and there you go an post this. Great looking knife. Can't wait for more news! :)

Doh! False Alarm everyone! I was making some back end changes, to allow everyone the ability to browse the available options awhile and that allowed a false check out. Nobody is missing out. The EDC-4 is NOT currently available. LOL I know I explained in the email but again, I'm sorry about that.

No worries Guy. All is well. :)
Take care.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back