• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SURVIVE! Knives EDC-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I have gathered M390 is a slightly improved ELMAX. I would have no problem with a free upgrade :). But how does Peters do with M390, is one question I do have.

Brad has lots of experience with Elmax and M-390. Seeing what they can do with Elmax, I would expect the M-390 to be nothing short of amazing. I'm going to be having a follow up conversation with him tomorrow.

I'm in if you thinks its better i'm there was going to get an elmax and 3v so bring on the m390pm the only thing I had a question was I heard the 390 was a bear to field sharpen and it chews up stones the elmax is easy to sharpen any ideas on this thanks

I find m390 pretty easy to sharpen on my sharpmaker, it's just one of those steels that you don't want to let it get super dull, but its still easy to touch up, much easier than it should be for the edge retention it gives you

Where/how do we find out when the EDC-4 promo begins? Is this thread the place to get info? I'm definitely wanting one of the stainless ones, whichever steel they are.

Where/how do we find out when the EDC-4 promo begins? Is this thread the place to get info? I'm definitely wanting one of the stainless ones, whichever steel they are.

Just working on getting the revisions finalized in Solidworks, for the blueprinting and laser cutting file. No other hold ups, really. I just want everyone to know exactly what model and specifications they are agreeing to, before announcing the beginning of the preorder.

Ill take one in M390 with black canvas micarta no bow drill :)

I do have one question Guy. Will this release be more of the spear point or the drop point?

Last edited:
I'll take one in M390 with no bow drill, orange G-10 :) BTW, does the promo officially begin tomorrow? Where will it be posted?

Ill take one in M390 with black canvas micarta no bow drill :)

I do have one question Guy. Will this release be more of the spear point or the drop point?

The GSO-4.1 will be a bit more of a spear point. I am trying to get the design revisions wrapped up tonight or this weekend. The guy who does my Solidworks stuff is just super busy, running his own business as well.

I'll take one in M390 with no bow drill, orange G-10 :) BTW, does the promo officially begin tomorrow? Where will it be posted?

I will have the preorder open, just as soon as the design revisions are buttoned up. I was shooting for today but it doesn't look like that is going to happen at this point. I just want to point out and clarify the design changes before opening the preorder. The very minute I have things ready to go, I'll announce it here on this thread, over on the preorder thread, on facebook and everyone signed up to the newsletter will get a notification.

I tried to sign up for the newsletter, but the link doesn't seem to be working... I know you are working on it, but I just wanted to let you know. I'll keep checking back here.

I just tryed to sign up for the news letter and I got the same error. I know your a busy man Guy just wanted to give you a bit of feedback like the poster above me.

I tried to sign up for the newsletter, but the link doesn't seem to be working... I know you are working on it, but I just wanted to let you know. I'll keep checking back here.

I just tryed to sign up for the news letter and I got the same error. I know your a busy man Guy just wanted to give you a bit of feedback like the poster above me.

Ok, I've checked with my team. Type your email address into the form box and then click the "Sign Me Up" button. That should do it. There is no additional page to go to, so if you hit the sign up button with no email address entered, you'll get an error message. I hope that was helpful. ;)

Ok Guys and Girls! Here is the SURVIVE! GSO-4.1. Man, I really nailed it with this revision. We are preparing the store front and the preorder should open in a day or two. I will update this post, as soon as everything is ready to go. Enjoy the images!

GSO-4.1 Sidewithlogo.jpgGSO-4.1 Topwithlogo.jpgGSO-4.1 handlewithlogo.jpg

Also, I guess this is as good a place as any to announce that the SURVIVE! GSO-10 Preorder sign up page is now live on the SURVIVE! website. If you like big knives and CPM-3V you should go take a look at the promotion details. http://www.surviveknives.com/gso-10-preorder/ This is a crazy, once in a lifetime offer.

Is this promotion still going on? (if so, I definitely want in!) I just found out about Survive! knives, am I too late?

Is this promotion still going on? (if so, I definitely want in!) I just found out about Survive! knives, am I too late?

We are all just waiting brother the promo hasnt started yet.

Guy you smashed it with this model. I love what you did with the hidden lanyard its genius. I love how you made the handle longer while still keeping a usable pommel on there, great for me as I tend to use that as a hammer for tent spikes (not always a good idea but im confident these blades will handle that task with ease).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back