Survivorman and Helle knives collaboration knife.

I have the discontinued Helle Kvernstein which has a rare Norwegian pommel stone from a nearby quarry and reindeer antler with a curly birch handle. Aside from its beauty its the sharpest factory knife I've ever witnessed. Awesome knives:)

I have the discontinued Helle Kvernstein which has a rare Norwegian pommel stone from a nearby quarry and reindeer antler with a curly birch handle. Aside from its beauty its the sharpest factory knife I've ever witnessed. Awesome knives:)

Got a pic of your knife?

Well here it is ... The Temagami

helle-2.jpg

helle-1.jpg

http://lesstroud.ca/news/les-stroud-launchs-new-signature-knife

Looks like the tangs are full along the spine side, but on the finger side the tang is hidden. Probably makes for a more comfortable grip while staying stout too.

Like a Randall 14...

Beautiful knife, but $180.00...?

EESE here I come..

Last edited:
LIKE :)

when, where, how much? :)

now now now!

also, what else does Helle make that's somewhat like that? i don't recall many with the tang built that way.

Looks perfect, I like that a lot :thumbup: I knew Les and Helle would come up with something very useful but also very nice looking.

Yes, it does look nice, but not very visually different from Helle's other offerings. I had expected something less Helle and more Les Stroud, if you know what i mean. The handle does look very comfortable and i like the choil-less blade.

Anyone know the dimensions on it or are they first released at SHOT? I'd like to see some in-hand shots.

Looks good to me. So, is that a full-half tang???? Hard to see from the pics if thos pins actually go through the tang or not...Confused, but I like it.

Looks like a very nice blade. If you go his website, it seems that he offers most of the popular Helle knives for sale already. I can see why they did a collaboration. $180 though :(, if that's the price on the street, I think that I'd rather pick up a custom blade from one of the makers on here for that much money.

Looks like a very nice blade. If you go his website, it seems that he offers most of the popular Helle knives for sale already. I can see why they did a collaboration. $180 though :(, if that's the price on the street, I think that I'd rather pick up a custom blade from one of the makers on here for that much money.

Yeah, I have a feeling there won't be a ton of sales until the price is closer to Helle's other pieces.

answering my own question, i'm seeing something like the Helle Alden or even Taiga models would be close in shape; different tang construction doesn't seem to warrant such a huge price jump; mmm.

which reminds me, i need a Helle Earth soon :>

I have to say I agree on the price point issue. That's a heavy tag for a name. Kudos however with the classy branding of "temagami" instead of having "Les Stroud" plastered all over it (take that Bear/Gerber). I admire Les Stroud and I'm sure it's a good move for both parties. I am very happy with my Helle Aldenwith its stick through tang. I think the semi full tang does inspire more confidence for certain tasks but that may be just a mental thing. If it was closer to the $100 mark I'd get it though, but I'd shave down the guard a bit as I find it somewhat limts certain grips. Very nice looking though.

I really like the Helle knives that I have. And for $180 I think I will kinda wait and see what some of the people think about it before I decide to pick up one. For that kind of money you could buy a couple really nice Helle's. I do like the way it looks. I guess time will tell.

DSCF6087resized.jpg

Hopefully the $180 is MSRP and we'll see it closer to $120 or so.

I would bet this is more the way it will go down. I like the knife alot..looks great! I want one.

Back