The “Can’t leave anything alone” Thread

First attempt at blade etching, Kershaw Launch 1 which I've had a while so I wasn't overly concerned about screwing it up.
Kershaw Launch-1 9.18.21.jpg
Darker than I intended but I think it turned out ok, here it is compared to a factory finish:
Kershaw Launch-1.2 9.18.21.jpg

Finally got time to attempt some anodizing, Flytanium scales for my Shaman.
Shaman Anodize-1  9.18.21.jpg
Shaman Anodize-2  9.18.21.jpg
Shaman Anodize-3  9.18.21.jpg
Shaman Anodize-4  9.18.21.jpg
Shaman Anodize-5  9.18.21.jpg

Shaman Anodize-6  9.18.21.jpg
MXG deep carry clip has an almost identical finish to the stock Shaman back spacer.

This blue is with 3 9-volt batteries which gave a very quick and even finish that was pretty easy to do.

I have a 120v DC power supply that I was messing around with for about an hour trying different methods with mixed results, so more trial and error before I try out other pieces.

Not a huge mod, but an easy one something I wanted to share with everybody. I've had really good luck with these as far as working with micarta and G10. I've done it a few times now and they work really well. And it's as easy as it looks. Place clip, mark holes, drill holes, put in brass inserts, put screw in insert. The screw expands the insert into the handle material. Just an fyi.

Not a huge mod, but an easy one something I wanted to share with everybody. I've had really good luck with these as far as working with micarta and G10. I've done it a few times now and they work really well. And it's as easy as it looks. Place clip, mark holes, drill holes, put in brass inserts, put screw in insert. The screw expands the insert into the handle material. Just an fyi.
where do you buy those? looks infinitely easier than tapping 2-56 screw holes

Was a Manix 2 XL. Now it's trying to be a slightly shorter and chubbier Resilience with a CBBL, s30V, and only upside down carry. ;)

IMG_2737.JPG
IMG_2738.JPG
IMG_2740.JPG
IMG_2741.JPG
IMG_2742.JPG
IMG_2743.JPG
IMG_2746.JPG
IMG_2747.JPG
IMG_2748.JPG
IMG_2749.JPG

This last photo is to show you that the skeletonized liners prevent the full scope of the handle mod I would like to do, which is a nice deep index finger groove like the mod EvilD did to his full linered Manix on the Spyderco forum. Nevertheless, I will eventually take a crack at making replacement scales that I can shape as I see fit, to replace both the existing scales and liners.

Gee that is weird
If you check out the Blackhawk, which is the smaller version of the Renegade, you'll see the same thing. Maybe it's like that for a reason?
I stared at it for a bit and could not think of any plausible reason for it to be that way.
Perhaps it was supposed to be a liner lock and they made a last minute change, after the scales were ordered?

Back