The “Can’t leave anything alone” Thread

Needed some grip tape.

nosLjtL.jpg

First up is some awesome work by WValtakis WValtakis ! I had anodized this Tactile Turn Bolt Short plain blue, but it just wasn't working out. The tip and endcap kept ending up a different shade of blue compared to the barrel, and it was too dark overall. Chip stepped in and gave it some pizazz! On top of giving the pen a nice heat anodization and acid bath... He also reflamed the bolt so it has some more pop too it. I think it really turned out great!!

1VV18Dc.jpg

NDkOnDe.jpg

KkueiJS.jpg

4QGI2Vu.jpg

New shredded carbon fiber pants for my K390 Dragonfly Wharncliffe. :)

FtLFGej.jpg

EBgsStS.jpg

And some new screws for my Drunken. I didn't like that the four screws for the scales and the screw for pocket clip didn't match the pivot, so I picked up some new screws in blue.
Pmo6p0t.jpg

5DGWDla.jpg

Last edited:
First up is some awesome work by WValtakis WValtakis ! I had anodized this Tactile Turn Bolt Short plain blue, but it just wasn't working out. The tip and endcap kept ending up a different shade of blue compared to the barrel, and it was too dark overall. Chip stepped in and gave it some pizazz! On top of giving the pen a nice heat anodization and acid bath... But he also reflamed the bolt so it has some more pop too it. I think it really turned out great!!

1VV18Dc.jpg

NDkOnDe.jpg

KkueiJS.jpg

4QGI2Vu.jpg

New shredded carbon fiber pants for my K390 Dragonfly Wharncliffe. :)

FtLFGej.jpg

EBgsStS.jpg

And some new screws for my Drunken. I didn't like that the four screws for the scales and the screw for pocket clip didn't match the pivot, so I picked up some new screws in blue.
Pmo6p0t.jpg

5DGWDla.jpg

Good to see you back! These all look just fantastic!!! Really really digging the Delica.

Good to see you back! These all look just fantastic!!! Really really digging the Delica.

Thanks! My energy should start ramping back up over the next couple of weeks so hopefully I can start posting/taking pics more regularly again. I have a few more things I haven't had the chance to take pics of just yet. :)

Speaking of that... The pocket slip you made me came in a few days ago and is top notch! Really excellent quality!! The leather is great, and the embossing is probably the best I've seen. :D

I LUSTED after this raidops aquilo , just couldn't pull the trigger , that's not usually a problem. well I finally bought one and hated it! about a month after purchase,the remaining versions went on clearance and it pretty much became worthless . so I melted the handles, made a paperstone scale and gave it a crappy orange peel finish. at least it's comfortable to carry .PXL_20220121_184835907.MP_compress28.jpgPXL_20220121_184848188.MP_compress27.jpg

Work in Progress on the AD20.5

Gave it a triple fade dye bath; first with "Tropical Teal", then the pivot end wit "Royal Purple", and finally the back end with "Emerald". The Emerald doesn't really show up in pics over the Teal, but it definetly made a difference. Like a dodo, I 'effed up and dumped my dye bath before I did the backspacer, but I plan to do that in purple as well. I decided to put a two-tone finish on the blade by brushing the flats, just for the hell of it. I may play around and experiment with flaming the clip since it comes with a spare (LH), so we'll see how that turns out before doing it on the RH one. Hopefully I will have time to finish up this weekend

yvywwvd.jpg

dr9KV24.jpg

Finally got the K390 Delica Wharncliffe in the other day. :)

xwxdFI1.jpg

iP95fAG.jpg

I thought it needed some spiffing up. Navy TeroTuf scales, a new silver pocket clip, titanium hardware anodized bronze, and a brass backspacer that I used some aging solution on to darken it.

V8k9Xii.jpg

iAVGbAv.jpg

aAWl5gT.jpg

I ended up with enough parts to make a whole new HAP40 Delica Wharncliffe too... Unfortunately the lockbar fitment is a no go. Maybe Chip can work some magic on it?

QUSXrRH.jpg

Finished! I ended up flaming the hardware after all. The experiment on the LH clip just went so-so, but still I couldn't resist going forward. It turned out pretty well, with plenty of purples and blues. Upgraded the bearings as well.

Something strange (to me at least) happened whenever I would quench the clips (I use Windex). Unlike other things I have given this treatment to before, they didn't immediately quench when I put them in the liquid, but rather just sat there submerged, and then a second later, almost like a spark, made the familiar sound of something hot touching liquid. I suppose this is likely a commonplace occurrence, but it was the first time I have experienced it. It almost reminded me of the reaction of superheated water that can happen in microwaves, but not as violent.

Anyhow, here are the results...

lpn0QBr.jpg

UMsCy2q.jpg

aSPwSIb.jpg

Back