The 1st cut is the deepest. Do you still own your 1st CRK?

I still have my first, a small plain Jane 21. For whatever reason, I still have a hard time bringing myself to carry it even though I have no problem carrying more "valuable" CRKs that I own. I am trying to decide if I want to sell it (and probably immediately regret it) or send it in for silver hardware and double lugs.

Still own and will not sell the first Sebenza, a LH lignum vitae small Classic given to me by my sons some years back. I just about fell out of my chair when I opened the box. :eek: :D :thumbup: A few years later I tracked down a matching large Classic.

Nope but wish I did. It was the first knife over $115 that I bought. I carried and used it until I sold it because there were so many other knives out there to try. I regretted it soon after but it was too late.

A little piece of me died today. I finally got the nerve to send off my 1 and only, a large plain 21, for what I guess is a pinched washer. I absolutely adore this knife and the thought of its fate in the hands of some overworked postal worker's hands just makes me cringe. I feel like a paranoid parent dropping their kid off for summer camp for the first time. I know it'll only be gone a month, but I still can't help but think that this will be the time where my package gets "misplaced" during transit.
I've already started thinking about picking up a second CRK of some sort just to make the wait a little less miserable, but I just can't quite justify the expense. I must say though, that it's getting easier the more I think about it.

All will be well.

Enjoy the holidays and look at it as a late gift.

A little piece of me died today. I finally got the nerve to send off my 1 and only, a large plain 21, for what I guess is a pinched washer. I absolutely adore this knife and the thought of its fate in the hands of some overworked postal worker's hands just makes me cringe. I feel like a paranoid parent dropping their kid off for summer camp for the first time. I know it'll only be gone a month, but I still can't help but think that this will be the time where my package gets "misplaced" during transit.
I've already started thinking about picking up a second CRK of some sort just to make the wait a little less miserable, but I just can't quite justify the expense. I must say though, that it's getting easier the more I think about it.

You need one of each size! :D

Yes I do, but it was out of my hands for a number of years before returning home. Also Yes, I do consider it special. It is where the journey began, both with CRK and higher end knives. Maybe I actually should loath it- been an expensive journey :)
Small Classic MM African Blackwood-purchase direct from CRK
IMG_0015.jpg

I let my first CRK, a Lg. plain 21 back into the wild to fund my Lg. micarta insingo purchase. Do I miss it. You bet. :eek:

I still own my 2002 large regular that I bought back in 2002. For 9 years, that was my only CRK. Now I own 4.

Jim

I still own my first, a large Insingo. It's a great knife and I still carry/use it but I carry/use my 25 more often. Those are my only two CRKs. I have a couple William Henry knives I carry in the office or when I need a smaller blade.

To answer the original question:
I will never EVER get rid of my first(and only). I reach for it 9 out of 10 times if I'm carrying a modern folder. I love it more then any knife I've ever owned. It is the one knife that has ever lived up to every expectation and then some.
I do want to get more, but I've really slowed down on carrying modern folders. I tend to carry slip joints lately, so I just can't quite justify spending that kind of money(on the rare occasions that I have that much spending money) on a style of knife that won't see much pocket time. But then again I doubt I would have too much trouble making the time to carry another one. I have however been eying a mnandi for a while.

But my large 21 is here to stay. Well, once it gets back from Idaho that is...

I still have my first, and always will. It holds a special place in my heart, and I couldn't ever see myself being without it. The time in which I received it, and the life circumstances around that, make it just too important to ever let go of. And, I've seen far too many "I wish I wouldn't have let it go!" comments throughout my time on this forum to make that mistake! Small Plain Jane 21, it's a keeper!

First was a Zaan. Second and first Sebenza was a small micarta Insingo double lug. Still have both and don't foresee ever selling them. If it came down to it, they'd probably be the two folders I would keep if I had to sell everything off.

I do see a Nyala in my future. Maybe this year maybe not. But eventually. And maybe a large micarta as well.

First was a Zaan. Second and first Sebenza was a small micarta Insingo double lug. Still have both and don't foresee ever selling them. If it came down to it, they'd probably be the two folders I would keep if I had to sell everything off.

I do see a Nyala in my future. Maybe this year maybe not. But eventually. And maybe a large micarta as well.

There's nothing you can't do with a Zaan and a small insingo. Excellent choices! I wish my collection was that efficient.

There's nothing you can't do with a Zaan and a small insingo. Excellent choices! I wish my collection was that efficient.

Let me help you out. You send me back your Leafy friend, I'll send you a Zaan and an Insingo! Only because I'm so generous. ;) :p :D

Let me help you out. You send me back your Leafy friend, I'll send you a Zaan and an Insingo! Only because I'm so generous. ;) :p :D

Well.......I don't want to get too efficient.....there is a tipping point! ;)

Pic....just because....

DSCF0002_zps2qghdxu9.jpg

Back