The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

I agree, trying to visualize what the fuller will look like on the HC! Maybe (I am Probing her Nathan) it will be roughly the same dimensions as found on the HDFK? (question)o_O:D

...quoted for posterity...

:D

Yes the fuller is similar in dimensions to the HD FK

...quoted for posterity...

:D

Yes the fuller is similar in dimensions to the HD FK
This is BAD News for PP account:( IMO your work and offerings continue to Improve and Evolve (In other words Excel):thumbsup: Think this HC is going to be a "Major Success" and Great 10 inch Chopper

Seems Tommy is usually tipsyk, fast and loose with words ;)

You've also answered my musings in the other HC thread!
I no Longer Drink Uncle Matty, I have found other means to "Relax":p

This is BAD News for PP account:( IMO your work and offerings continue to Improve and Evolve (In other words Excel):thumbsup: Think this HC is going to be a "Major Success" and Great 10 inch Chopper

I no Longer Drink Uncle Matty, I have found other means to "Relax":p

Kinship with Lorien has other none-knife related advantages ;)

So you took up cycling? :D

Nathan, can you expound on the gripiness and feels of the new burlap and rag micarta (buffed and unbuffed) as compared to say, terotuff or the canvas micarta? If you already did, and I missed it, sorry and point me to it.

I really like the Burlap, it's similar to canvas micarta but fuzzier.

The rag micarta is not a phenolic base, it's a thermoset epoxy like G10 and it feels a lot like G10 except lighter. The linen stock is not very fuzzy.

Personally I like the feel of the burlap better, in part due to the tactile quality of the burlap but mostly just because I prefer phenolic, which doesn't feel plasticy to me.

been using coconut oil, it's pretty good maybe I should send you some...

Very high in saturated fat, more than butter, though it does somewhat increase the HDL to offset the LDL issue a bit. Bottom line, my quintuple bypass that is going on 30 yrs in service would probably not like it, AND I HATE FOOKIN' COCONUTS.:D

But do appreciate the suggestion as much as I appreciate your presence here on BF!

I was wondering if for the upcoming preorder for the MC and HDMC today ... is it possible to order and extra set of scales at the time of my preorder?

I am really wanting to try to burlap micarta but have never used any ... so I am hoping I can place an order for a set of those to have to try along with my knife preorder?

Thanks - JJ

Back