• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad THE BAD Will Moon

For the record, Bladeforums does not and will not condone such behavior. If you do proceed with the suggested action above, you are responsible for your own actions and we accept zero responsibility.

I ordered 2 Mark 6's from Will and the delivery time came and went. It took multiple emails to get him to respond and he said he was shipping them that weekend. Another month went by and no knives. Once again it was about 7 emails before he finally responded by saying the knives were sitting there in his shop and he had no idea why they had not shipped. The impression I have gotten is of someone who is over his head and very disorganized but the knives themselves are awesome. So expect delays and unanswered emails but the knives are worth the trouble

I ordered 2 Mark 6's from Will and the delivery time came and went. It took multiple emails to get him to respond and he said he was shipping them that weekend. Another month went by and no knives. Once again it was about 7 emails before he finally responded by saying the knives were sitting there in his shop and he had no idea why they had not shipped. The impression I have gotten is of someone who is over his head and very disorganized but the knives themselves are awesome. So expect delays and unanswered emails but the knives are worth the trouble

Unfortunately for Will, his knives are NOT worth the trouble. Not even close.
As has been stated by several previous and current owners (myself being one of them), there are many fit and finish issues. Trying to get those issues addressed by Will is about as difficult as getting the knife in the first place.
Don't even think about trying to return the knife and get your money back without issue either, Will is going to fight you the whole way until you're willing to get PayPal or your credit card company involved.
Even if someone is comfortable with the terrible communication and looooong wait times and condescending attitude, the end result is a BIG letdown.

In my case the knife wasn't worth it. I paid $900 for a designer and he sent me a regular one worth $600 with no insert, this is after being late for months and using his patented move of buy postage not shipping (many reports on this). Also it is not a great flipper, probably because he sold the mk7 designer I was supposed to get and after I blasted him on here and fb he made a quick one to replace it with no features. I would sale the knife but it's honestly only worth $500, I wouldn't feel right asking $900 for it and I don't feel like losing $400. It's hard to put a for sale ad "I want 900 for this $500 knife"

Some of his original mk6es were apparently excellent. I know about a dozen that had almost humorous fitment issues and had rock lock. When I got a NIB mk7 from here, it had horrible rock lock and it felt like junk. When Will whined on Instagram about 'rude jerks' (naming me), he claimed that I had an 'old beater' knife from him -- not sure how any of his mk7s could be old beaters, especially one that was a week old and clearly never used.

Here's a vid of the lock rock: https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A45idkMw21ilU

Gnehus is there any way you could fix up and down lockrock like that without sending it to senor Moon?

I'm trading for a MK6 at the moment which supposedly has a similar lockrock situation...

Gnehus is there any way you could fix up and down lockrock like that without sending it to senor Moon?

I'm trading for a MK6 at the moment which supposedly has a similar lockrock situation...

Accidentally stepping on dog poo is one thing, willingly looking for and purposefully stepping in dog poo is just crazy. Especially when you are told where not to step.

Accidentally stepping on dog poo is one thing, willingly looking for and purposefully stepping in dog poo is just crazy. Especially when you are told where not to step.
I like to live life dangerously what can I say? :black_eyed: :devilish:

I believe a nicer way to put it brother is, don't deal with Moon. If the knife has issues it will take awhile and much headache to get fixed. I've owned 2 and I thought they were good. I sold one to a respected member and it had issues I missed. Luckily for me the member and I have a mutual respect for each other so it was resolved. It took time and too much stress for both parties involved. The other one I traded, to be honest I miss it. It was one of the first he made.

I'd never get one with an issues unless you know it will take months to resolve.

I picked up a used Mark 6 recently. The seller was very clear about F&F issues with the knife: fit of scales off on one side, slightly off center, and some up and down wiggle in the lockup. He also indicated to me Will Moon offers a full warranty for his work and will take care of these issues should I decide to send it in. Sounded reasonable enough. I received the knife exactly as described so no problems there. Enjoyed the design and decided it was a keeper so started looking into the process to have it serviced, figured a custom in this price range should be spot on. It was at this point researching Will that I discovered this thread and the even bigger disaster over at JD. Was not feeling good about my prospects.

I kept up with this thread and saw the public apology Will made in late April. Decided I would take him up on his potential leaf turn so I sent him an email about the servicing. Did not hear back after several days, followed up again, and got a prompt reply from Will saying he would be happy to fix up the Mark 6. Knife was in the mail and in his hands in the next week. After that first reply from Will, communication was more than satisfactory. He notified me promptly when he received the knife, started working on it, and with other updates. The Mark 6 is in my hands now with nearly everything addressed. The scales are flush and centering solid though there is still that small amount of up and down movement. Personally, this does not bother me as the lockup is definitely secure.

So overall, I am pleased with my dealings with Will. He had the Mark 6 for about two weeks, great turnaround time IMO. Is this a sign of his efforts to make things right and turn things around with the community? Not sure. Just wanted to share my recent experience with the guy - he came off sincere and his actions backed that up in my case. With that in mind, Will obviously has a long way to go towards restoring his reputation and best of luck to those still sorting out their problems with him.

I picked up a used Mark 6 recently. The seller was very clear about F&F issues with the knife: fit of scales off on one side, slightly off center, and some up and down wiggle in the lockup. He also indicated to me Will Moon offers a full warranty for his work and will take care of these issues should I decide to send it in. Sounded reasonable enough. I received the knife exactly as described so no problems there. Enjoyed the design and decided it was a keeper so started looking into the process to have it serviced, figured a custom in this price range should be spot on. It was at this point researching Will that I discovered this thread and the even bigger disaster over at JD. Was not feeling good about my prospects.

I kept up with this thread and saw the public apology Will made in late April. Decided I would take him up on his potential leaf turn so I sent him an email about the servicing. Did not hear back after several days, followed up again, and got a prompt reply from Will saying he would be happy to fix up the Mark 6. Knife was in the mail and in his hands in the next week. After that first reply from Will, communication was more than satisfactory. He notified me promptly when he received the knife, started working on it, and with other updates. The Mark 6 is in my hands now with nearly everything addressed. The scales are flush and centering solid though there is still that small amount of up and down movement. Personally, this does not bother me as the lockup is definitely secure.

So overall, I am pleased with my dealings with Will. He had the Mark 6 for about two weeks, great turnaround time IMO. Is this a sign of his efforts to make things right and turn things around with the community? Not sure. Just wanted to share my recent experience with the guy - he came off sincere and his actions backed that up in my case. With that in mind, Will obviously has a long way to go towards restoring his reputation and best of luck to those still sorting out their problems with him.

Did you have the blue g10 mk6? If so, the last owner went through hell with Moon over it...months of Moon ignoring emails. The owner sent it in for a 'spa' treatment that spanned over several months, which ultimately resulted in Moon returning the knife back to the owner with none of the issues being addressed.

I'm glad you have a nice mk6 and that he treated you well. As far as sincerity goes, him fixing these issues all of a sudden shows a kid acting out of desperation to save his dying business and to heal his damaged sense of self-perfection. Reading how he speaks to and about his customers over the years illustrates his lack of character and warped worldview. His detailed history on these forums is steeped in deception, animosity and self-importance.

I was a huge fan of Will last year, waiting for months to send will my $700 for a mk7 order. A young prodigy knifemaker, how sweet is that? My excitement and support quickly died out when I started asking around about him and when I handled a knife of his that I received in a trade.

Did you have the blue g10 mk6? If so, the last owner went through hell with Moon over it...months of Moon ignoring emails. The owner sent it in for a 'spa' treatment that spanned over several months, which ultimately resulted in Moon returning the knife back to the owner with none of the issues being addressed.

I'm glad you have a nice mk6 and that he treated you well. As far as sincerity goes, him fixing these issues all of a sudden shows a kid acting out of desperation to save his dying business and to heal his damaged sense of self-perfection. Reading how he speaks to and about his customers over the years illustrates his lack of character and warped worldview. His detailed history on these forums is steeped in deception, animosity and self-importance.

I was a huge fan of Will last year, waiting for months to send will my $700 for a mk7 order. A young prodigy knifemaker, how sweet is that? My excitement and support quickly died out when I started asking around about him and when I handled a knife of his that I received in a trade.

That is a damn shame. I sympathize for the last owner though a bit turned off by the fact he led me to believe Will would take care of the issues for me no problem after his own experience.

Anyway I chose to gamble a bit and give Will a chance after his recent apology - it paid off. But I think a young guy like Will and someone 40 years his senior would do the same thing really when you have a tight knit customer base turning against you so quickly. If it takes desperation for Will to get his act together, I sure as hell am not going to stop nor discourage him - this could be the wake up call that starts him off on the long road of making things right with unhappy customers. And that is the ultimate goal of this and any other thread about him right? To force Will to realize he has no future unless he turns back, acknowledges his past BS, and does whatever necessary to take care of guys like the OP.

Yesterday I decided to write Will asking for a refund, now that is has been over a month since it was supposed to be shipped. I've lost all interest in the knife at this point, and seeing as how it has never even left his possession, I feel offering me a refund isn't totally unmanageable. I haven't heard back yet but I will post here when I do.

It's unfortunate to keep reading of people getting taken by will. Money is all he's after and until he gets over that mentality he is not going to change. If he can continue with his bad business practices and still make cash he absolutely will. He posts an apology for long enough to save face and then deletes it in favor of a new sale.
The way to stop his bad business is to stop ordering his crappy knives and maybe he will learn he has taken his customers for granted.

Even if he made me a knife with flawless fit n finish I'd tell him to go shove it up his..... Well you know.
With all the evidence of past accounts and posts you can get a very clear picture of the kind of guy your dealing with. And i would not feel right with his knife in my pocket.

I just saw on FB that he has a MK6 for sale there (knife handle material and how to do), and that he's having a sale on his website on June 1st. As it says: " A bunch of my other knives will be available for purchase."
I guess he must have plenty of them :confusion:

Update:

Will has called me and the case has been resolved. He will be offering me a full refund, I will be mailing the knife back to him today. The completed product was not as described. I will let you guys know when I receive the refund.

Last edited:
How much did you pay for that to be done? Maybe the price reflects the job quality!

How much did you pay for that to be done? Maybe the price reflects the job quality!

It was $317 with shipping for the knife and work. Admittedly it was ridiculously smooth but it could have been that way from the factory.

Back