• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad THE BAD Will Moon

For $317 that is unexceptionable! Sure I can understand if the anodizing wasn't perfect because it never really is but not completing all of the commissioned work is just not kosher.

I received both my Modified 801 yesterday and a Mark 7 sent in to clean up a couple issues. The Mark 7 took 3 weeks for repair and came back as asked for. The modified 801 took about 3 months to complete.

In the last 3 weeks Will has done a much better job with email communication and provided a phone number in case I wanted to call. That was a request that went ignored last year when I had an issue.

I think it may take Will a couple years to repair some of the damage he has done to his rep.

I did receive a refund from Will the day after the knife arrived back to him, so I'm glad to have my money back. I'll consider this one resolved from my perspective at least.

Hi all,

A quick update here. I did finally receive back my repaired Mark 6. It is in good shape. The scales that I had been waiting for had to be canceled as he no longer had the materials (Ti) to make them and the alternatives weren't interesting to me. I wish I could say it was a stellar finish to the story, but it wasn't terrible at least. It was hard to get a hold of him and required repeated emailing to get a response. There were still a "its going out tomorrow" than ended up being yet another week later. My belief based on what I can see on facebook is that I was placed behind new customers both focus and materials. Perhaps that is generally ok, but ended up not be ok for me.

I do sense Will's challenges are out of poor planning and experience; rather than, any desire to do ill, but he has left it a bitter experience for me and I am done with a blade that otherwise of would have proudly used.

Best,

Bannor

That was my experience, also. Will is a young guy who has not yet learned that his customers are generally sophisticated adults, with disposable income, and are typically able to spot childish behavior and untruthfulness. I can understand "I'm swamped and I won't have your order when I promised". I may not be happy, but I understand that things happen. After a series of untruths from Will, I asked for a refund, which he obliged within an hour. Hopefully, Will's sense of fair play will develop, because his designs and execution can be truly brilliant. But for now, there are others out there that are willing to take my money AND tell me the truth, even when it's not good news. Your mileage may vary, of course.

So, I am curious. Did everyone get their knives / money? It would seem so but I wanted to make sure...

The only reason Will Moon AKA: Dingo or Frisky Dingo makes knives is because of Daddy's money. He is a spoiled little liar and a cheat. He once threatened over on the BM forum that he would sue me for slander. I told him to go for it, never heard back from him......go figure. I only spoke the truth on how he backed out of a knife deal after he said he would take it. He has solicited his crappy designs a few times over on the BM forum. I enjoy making comments about the horrible blade grinds. The old saying of a Fool and his money are soon parted rings true if you do business with him, an amateur.

So, I am curious. Did everyone get their knives / money? It would seem so but I wanted to make sure...

I got mine when he sold the imaginary knife to someone else. A buddy of mine bought two mk7s from him and after months of ignored emails, got a refund for one of them. After a few more weeks got the other refund. However, Will put a gag order on him, telling him that he would not refund the 2nd knife unless he stopped telling everyone about his experience with Will.

Will also emailed me with a sob story, saying that because he gave me a refund that 'we were good' and that he expected me to keep my mouth shut. Not sure why he thought 'we were good' given that he blocked me on IG and told me that I may never buy a knife from him again. Also, he referred to me by name in a IG post, calling me a 'rude jerk'.

Epitome of narcissism.

His reputation took a nose dive, but the morons that want to show how loyal and objective they are defend him to the hilt.

Let them defend him. There will always be people that can't see the forest for the trees. Those type of people are like rats on a sinking ship when things come crashing down no matter how minor or major it may be. People like Mr. Moon tend to be narcissistic, but it always catches up to them in the end. The sad thing is he is still relatively young to have developed the (deserved) reputation he has. He made his bed, now he can lie in it.

I just found this thread after ordering a Mk10 from him.
Although he claimed to have shipped the knife out, the tracking number doesn't work.
Feels like I have fallen victim. The knife was pretty awesome looking, impulse got the better of me. He was pretty prompt before the payment. After that, I had to send multiple emails and IG messages before he would respond a simple question. It somehow made me look bad.

Should have read this thread but it's too late (lesson learned). I just hope to get the package soon.

Edit: Just received his reply about an hour ago that my order was only shipped today.

Last edited:
But wait, he told us he turned over a new leaf and was going to get things in order. :) The good news is he does seem to deliver after enough people get together and start to destroy his reputation where he can't moderate the posts.

@denari, sorry to hear that bro. I started this thread with the same experience. Will Moon sucks. The mk7 i have is a piece of crap that i can't sell because it is so poorly made. The pivot screw came loose after a few flips and the knife rubbed the inside of the scales causing scratches. I tightened the screw and it came loose again. I put loctite and the f-ing thing still came loose, it looks like he didn't do a good job on the threading. paid for a premium knife and got plain scales because he was lazy. I will never do business with Will moon again and would never recommend him. he never changes.

I first took notice of his work when I saw his knife on Jim Skelton's video (which oddly enough has been taken down for some reason?)
To be honest, all this while I did not follow him close enough to know that he had a bad rep, multiple account fiasco, etc,
but I did put his knife on my wishlist after coming across some reviews.
Until I finally decided to purchase the Mk10 from him last week, I never knew this thread existed.

One thing I did observe during my encounter with Will was when I saw him posting pictures on IG,
I tried a couple of times to quickly send him an email just minutes after in hopes of getting his attention.
It was either ignored or telling me that he was too busy and missed shipping out my order (which was originally intended to ship last Friday).
It left me wondering how he can be busy posting stuff online and yet cannot take a moment to reply (I was only asking for my tracking number that's all)

Granted I'd give him a benefit of doubt in light of him telling me that he was busy prepping for a weekend knife show,
but Tomalock put it best that communication is also very important. In other words, he needs to manage customer's expectations.

It is now 7 hours since his last reply (where he responded to my previous post above),
the package is still in "Pre-shipment" status (Is that the generate shipping label that you guys had spoke about?).
I can now only hope that the knife arrives in good order and quality, which I will then conclude whether it was really worth my time and money.

Last edited:
Damn, hope it all works out for you. I agree his stuff LOOKS nice, and if it is quality now then yay but... communication is a MUST. I'm totally fine if a maker takes a day or two to ship, as long as they're HONEST and up front about it. Like, "oh shoot sorry, I totally forgot!" or "got too focused on a project" etc. Don't ignore the customer and then give excuses or say it's shipped when it's not. Isn't it easier just to ship it and give a real tracking number rather then screwing around?? That just means you have to speak to an already wary customer even more. Doesn't make sense!

However, I must admit that it at least APPEARS that he's trying to make changes. Not taking orders and doing a monthly sale is a step in the right direction. Still work to be done that's for sure, talk is cheap!

Fwiw, I'll stick in honoring my part of the deal since I agreed to purchase.

It's 12hrs now, the status is still stuck in Pre-shipment.

Is this normal?

Fwiw, I'll stick in honoring my part of the deal since I agreed to purchase.

It's 12hrs now, the status is still stuck in Pre-shipment.

Is this normal?

Hmm can be... I've had pkg's go both ways with that status. As in, it sat like that for 12+ hours then changed the next day. And another where it was stuck like that because they DIDN'T actually ship the pkg. Maybe... check tomorrow morning or late tonight?? If it hasn't changed by then...

Hmm can be... I've had pkg's go both ways with that status. As in, it sat like that for 12+ hours then changed the next day. And another where it was stuck like that because they DIDN'T actually ship the pkg. Maybe... check tomorrow morning or late tonight?? If it hasn't changed by then...

I absolutely hate it when sellers do the whole "pre-ship label" crap. It screws everything up sometimes and does not give you an accurate reading as to whether your package has or hasn't shipped. Sellers should only send you the tracking number straight from the receipt AFTER your item has shipped.

The pre-ship label method is absolute crap. There is no way of knowing whether your package did ship out or not. Sometimes it can stay stuck like that until your item arrives or other times it means that nothing has shipped out yet.

Back