The next pre-order?

I think it's time to take a look at ramping up the DEK2 and the DEK3 and maybe do a re-release of the DEK1 while we're at it. Obviously, we're going to run Delta 3V, and I'm thinking we'll also probably run some Magnacut. Maybe Cruwear too? Idunno. I haven't really optimized either of those yet and I may be putting the cart ahead of the horse.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I'm in for a DEK2 and a DEK3 in Magnacut.
I'd prefer antique micarta if you can source it.

So I k ow magnacut is supposed to be the next greatest thing in knife steels. I’m interested in getting my hands on some but honestly I would rather wait until Nathan has perfected it and gave it the optimized heat treat before i purchase one in it. It’s like the delta 3v, I want the best there is. So I’ll wait until the method has been Tested, tweaked and optimized by the master.

So I k ow magnacut is supposed to be the next greatest thing in knife steels. I’m interested in getting my hands on some but honestly I would rather wait until Nathan has perfected it and gave it the optimized heat treat before i purchase one in it. It’s like the delta 3v, I want the best there is. So I’ll wait until the method has been Tested, tweaked and optimized by the master.
Agreed. I'm sure magnacut will soon start to be available in e.g. some of the principle Spyderco models. I've no need to jump on a magnacut CPK just to get my hands on the stuff, and then feel like I should get another one later when the HT is perfected and we have a sense of what it can really do / the best format to use it in, etc.

I’ll wait until the method has been Tested, tweaked and optimized

I've no need to jump on a magnacut CPK just to get my hands on the stuff, and then feel like I should get another one later when the HT is perfected and we have a sense of what it can really do / the best format to use it in, etc.

Exactly! That's why I buy the last gen phone since the bugs are already worked out. I'd rather let someone else pay full price for the shiny, glitchy new toy.

Yeah, I agree about the heat treatment of MagnaCut. It is good to wait until Nathan is happy about "his" heat treatment.

But, on the other hand, Larin's recipe might not be far off (if at all) from what would be the ideal heat treatment for that steel. After all, he designed the steel and he designed the steel to be used in cutlery. Being familiar with his work and interest in knife steels and heat treatment, I would be surprised if the heat treat he suggested for the MagnaCut is not already optimised.

Yes! Tapered tang, naked lady maker's mark.
Nathan might lose his mind soldering all the guards...
I was imagining a skeletonized tang, guard integrated into the tang and handle scales, milled texture on the scales, and a stonewashed hollow ground blade. That way it carries the outline and function of the Loveless design but still clearly looks like a CPK

Honestly though if Nathan does anything based on a drop point hunter I'd likely be in regardless of specifics.

Back