The next pre-order?

A 20" Delta 3V out the front integral dagger flipper shiv in stainless Cruwear in an IWB concealed scabbard.

ChM3ivS.mp4

A. DEK or similar sized knife in thinner grind to optimize cutting ability in MagnaCut at higher hardness would be great. MagnaCut is very stainless, is noticeable easier to sharpen than cruwear at higher hardness, has a little less toughness at higher hardness, but enough for a smaller knife and has a little more wear resistance. Speaking from experience with both steels. It is also reported to be easier to work with for the makers. So MagnaCut around 63-64 would have very good edge stability and be something different.

Out of your options, DEK series. Otherwise, EDC and LC reboots, or a skinner.

I'm really interested in your impressions of magnacut. D3V works great here in Hawaii, I'm just reluctant to take it on beach/ocean outings. The main thing I'm interested in is how corrosion resistant it is while still balancing toughness. For now I'm happy to hold off on magna and stick with D3V until you are happy with your heart treatment, but would love a highly stainless LC some day.

Last edited:
A hollow ground skinner. I've looked and inquired everywhere. The EDC was good, but I did find myself wanting something more elegant and thin. Either that or a hunting scalpel- 3 3/8" hollow with a monstrous belly.

As for what is on the docket, the folder has most/ all of my interest.

Back