The next pre-order?

dek 3

unless someone can point to info on wth a SDFK is
I'm ordering steel for another big Field Knife pattern now. A SDFK. (super duty). I'll narrow the primary grinds a tad, bump the spine up to a full 1/4", add a little length to the blade and put some weight in the end of the tang to keep the balance on the guard. A run of 350 of them, no pre-orders.
I think that was the original sdfk description from mid 2020.

A 4 finger grip, 3inch or less blade with thin scales for the city folks. Something that won't imprint even in dress slacks....
Funny, I've been pretty happy with a Spyderco Enuf for that particular use case, but a puukko-style handle that fills the palm is something that I've been gravitating towards of late because it is extremely comfortable in the hand and orients well.

As much as I love full sized fixed blades, my smaller knives get much more carry time and use. I’d love to see the micro EDC or maybe a new batch of Skinners/ Drop Point Hunters.
Totally agree. Thick, large knives look cool, but don't really get the use since most don't cut all that well. Smaller, thin knives that cut well get most of the use. Hope this one will be one of the good cutters.

As much as I love full sized fixed blades, my smaller knives get much more carry time and use. I’d love to see the micro EDC or maybe a new batch of Skinners/ Drop Point Hunters.

Totally agree. Thick, large knives look cool, but don't really get the use since most don't cut all that well. Smaller, thin knives that cut well get most of the use. Hope this one will be one of the good cutters.

I am of the same mind as these guys. Small (4” and under) and thin (.093” - .130” or so) covers the vast majority of my realistic needs while being easier to carry than bigger knives that may better cover all my “imagined“ needs. My pre-order preference is the Micro-EDC.

Phil

Back