1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

The "Whatever" Thread

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Nov 11, 2013.

1. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    Time goes by too fast, live for today, who knows how many tomorrows there are left.

glennbad, woodysone and fishiker like this.
  2. jds1

jds1

Jun 9, 2007
    That IS a small world coincidence!

Climbed the Tower Monday. Custer on Tuesday, hiked up Harney Peak on Wednesday and toured the Badlands on Thursday. 2800 mile road trip and worth every mile!

Jeff

Mtblair and woodysone like this.
  3. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Such a great truth! I wish I had understood how true when I was much younger.
    I didn't post anything about it but the same day our pup died I also lost a friend. We hunted, fished, camped, and played poker together for many years. He had been very ill the past few years and had just cleared the final hurdle for a heart transplant.

4. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    I lost my best friend for over 50 years two years ago. We used to build our street rods together, hunted together, and were best man for each other when we got married.
    The only old friend I have left is B JACKSON.

fishiker and Wurrwulf like this.
  5. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Condolences on your loss, John. Best wishes to you, your family, and your friend's family.

6. B JACKSON

B JACKSON

Sep 19, 2012
    You calling me old?

woodysone, greatscoot and JK Knives like this.
  7. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Many years ago I was a regular at a small stakes weekly poker game. One guy who played was probably in his 70's at the time. I can still hear him say "it's hell getting old but sure beats the only alternative"

JK Knives and woodysone like this.
  8. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Not as old as me, but close.

9. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    @JK Knives John, do you have a Schrade Sharpfinger by chance? I'd really like a slightly modified version of one.
    The same 3.5" blade and 3.5" handle, but instead of the traditional finger guard, I'd want a full length edge. Full height grind 3/32" O2 (or 1/16" 440C if you have anymore) with bone handles.

Possible?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  10. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    If you're a college basketball fan you couldn't ask for more than the top 4 matchups last night. It was entertaining and we enjoyed it immensely.....I wasn't a huge fan when my alarm went off at 5:00 this morning:(

Worldwatcher, woodysone and Wurrwulf like this.
  11. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I work for a Kansas fan -- it was a pretty quiet day.......

fishiker and Wurrwulf like this.
  12. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Today's the big day at our house, new puppy! Over the past month things fell into place at such a rate it's difficult to not believe there was some divine intervention. When the breeder we got Fowler from found out he had died she was extremely upset because she knew how much he meant to us. A week or so later she sent a message that she had a cancellation for a pup on her recent litter(she only does 2 per year) She offered us the spot at a reduced price. We jumped at the opportunity. There were a few other things that happened and we moved from the final pick to pick of the litter. We picked a male that reminded us of our lost companion. Scout will help fill the void in our hearts and in our home. Knowing he's from the same bloodline makes him even more special. If you have a four legged family member give them a little hug today to celebrate along with us.
    *pics later today, it's 2 1/2 hour drive each way when traffic is good

woodysone and bikerector like this.
  13. jds1

jds1

Jun 9, 2007
    Congrats on the new pup, that’s awesome!

jeff

woodysone and fishiker like this.
  14. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    So happy for you and your family, puppies are great! My girls are getting older, Casey is 12, Maggie will be 11 next week, Stella is 8, and Penny is 7, every day with them is a blessing, they are basically my best friends.

15. greatscoot

greatscoot Spaghettification Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    I have a house full of seniors too. Two cats at 18 and 20, unfortunately, we had to have our pooch put down a couple of months ago. She was 17. We have a 1.5yr old kitten too.

woodysone likes this.
  16. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    I've been allowed to touch the puppy a couple times but my wife and son are monopolizing most of his time.
    [​IMG]

woodysone, 1066vik, JK Knives and 4 others like this.
  17. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    that's because they know as soon as you're done driving, it'll be a few days before you let go of him.

woodysone and fishiker like this.
  18. Simplejack

Simplejack Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Lol

fishiker likes this.
  19. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    He's a cutie :)

fishiker likes this.
  20. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Good looking puppy

fishiker likes this.