The ZT0801

Gents...I am looking for some advice. I know I want an 801 but I'm debating on whether I should get one now or wait and try to snag an 801CF. What would you do?

I was going to wait for the cf limited version until I read the reviews of the regular 0801. Needless to say, the 0801 should be waiting for me at my Post Office and I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that I'm far enough up Dave's list for the cf le version.

I was going to wait for the cf limited version until I read the reviews of the regular 0801. Needless to say, the 0801 should be waiting for me at my Post Office and I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that I'm far enough up Dave's list for the cf le version.

I pre ordered mine from Knifecenter which means I'll probably never see it! Just like my 0600. I'm on Blade Hq's list though so that may be my saving grace. I love my 801!

I pre ordered mine from Knifecenter which means I'll probably never see it! Just like my 0600. I'm on Blade Hq's list though so that may be my saving grace. I love my 801!

yeah... what a joke. Those weekly emails from Knifecenter are just a tease. it gave me false hope.

Thanks guys...I've got an 0550blk with one of my scales on it up for sale to fund my 801 purchase. I think I'll sell off a Sprint run Manix 2 in CTS-XHP to have the money set aside for the 801CF. But then there's the 0454! Geez...too many great 2013 designs. I snagged an 0560CBCF and an 0600 already. I think ZT is slowly taking over my knife collection.

I am on knifecenters preorder for the cf version as well but couldn't wait. The regular 801 showed up today and I am extremely impressed. It definitely lives up to the hype.

Ive been on Bladehq pre order for a long time and have emailed them twice, each time they cant/wont tell me where im at in que . Lesson learned I could have just bought one by now ill probably cancel and eat the 5 bucks and just get it somewhere else.

Ive been on Bladehq pre order for a long time and have emailed them twice, each time they cant/wont tell me where im at in que . Lesson learned I could have just bought one by now ill probably cancel and eat the 5 bucks and just get it somewhere else.

I would. There's no time to wait for this knife. Its setting new standards for production knife quality.

Mine shipped from BladeHQ on Friday. Been on preorder since early Feb.

KershawGuy seems to have about 20 in stock! Get them while you can!

Mine shipped from BladeHQ on Friday. Been on preorder since early Feb.

This is a message for all of us who've completely tapped out our knife-buying budget for at least a month: me too. Still have the 566 on order. Will have to be satisfied with that, I guess.

I wish the 0801 had a cut out so you can easier disengage the lock. For me it it to uncomfortable they way it is or the lock bar on mine was just too stiff.

I wish the 0801 had a cut out so you can easier disengage the lock. For me it it to uncomfortable they way it is or the lock bar on mine was just too stiff.

The 0801 lockbar drops below the front handle and the lockbar itself has a chamfered edge to make it more comfortable to unlock. It is subtle looking but it's there. I'm confused what you are asking for here - can you explain?

I just ordered one from Dave im very excited about getting it......knowing Dave it may show up tomorrow lol jk

Got my second one in the mail today. Im absolutely shocked. I didnt think it could get smoother but the one I got is dreamy. Its less snappy feeling but you still cant get it to misfire. IMHO best zt product so far for EDC.

The 0801 lockbar drops below the front handle and the lockbar itself has a chamfered edge to make it more comfortable to unlock. It is subtle looking but it's there. I'm confused what you are asking for here - can you explain?

Im guessing he is was hoping for something more pronounced like on the southard where you can get your thumb in there really good to disengage the lock. I personally dont feel its necessary. Originally I thought it could benefit from the same thing. But then i moved my thumb closer to the end of the lockbar and got a lot more leverage and feel its fine.

Back