Traditional Knives EDC GAW

John, I’m in. I actually bought two of the Bigfoot SAK’s this year but they went to my daughters. They, and I, love to watch the various documentaries on Bigfoot, no matter how corny they are. I can even remember when Sasquatch was in the movie theaters, I think in the early 80’s. I’ll put a few photos in when I get home of my main carries, but as far as what’s in my pockets everyday at work, the only thing that really changes is the main knife.

5-BF39264-5-C62-4253-9678-6-C29-B5373022.jpg

Here’s the fire pit I just had made for my daughters house she bought, just like ours she needed a Bigfoot on hers.

924-DDA63-9-B37-45-CE-BE8-E-D9-C5-DF34-EDA4.jpg
Love the fire pit ring.

Reactions: 315
Nice giveaway and thanks for the generosity.

I already own a tinker and Fisher bullet so I'm not in but I'll post a picture anyways

This is my EDC, generally the only thing that really changes is the knife.

Theres also an olight I1R2 hanging around my neck that I forgot.

Okay, time to show my EDC stuff...

I don't carry much on my person, just knife, multi-tool, keys and wallet.

I'm a big fan of the Gerber Shard.

I'm also a big fan of the Victorinox Cadet.

Even though I don't like to carry much on me,
I have a pack that I put in my vehicle when I leave the house.

Because I spend a lot of time outdoors 4Wheeling and Fly Fishing, it's packed full of important stuff.
It has pens, notepads, lighters, fire starter, extra multi-tool (my Tinker), extra blade (a lockback for heavier chores), flashlights, water jugs, space blankets, first aid items, fishing gear, you know... the works. It's packed full of useful stuff and fits nicely in the center console of my Jeep.

Nice kit, John :thumbsup:
I noticed the Sharpie. This is something I like to have while hiking so one is always in my pack. Typically I'll be with a group of friends. We hike at different speeds, and some don't always make it to the peak. I find a Sharpie is super helpful if you need to write a message to someone. Birch bark, rocks all are good surfaces. "See you back at the car," type stuff. Never needed to, but always thought this would be an excellent way to communicate to a possible search party as well.

Great stuff, guys.
Noticing lots of flashlights. I love my Microstream :thumbsup:
I'm curious about the foursevens quark... will be investigating that.

And that's just your gear for walking around the block. ;):thumbsup:
I like that you carry a field notebook. Handy for leaving messages for people. :cool::thumbsup:

Why do you think I need all those pockets John?! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks John for a cool GAW! If I win, I’ll pay for shipping to Jack Black. It was fun to dump my pockets. iPhone not shown.
5UMWY7x.jpg

Aw, thanks Dave, that's so kind :)

Dang it, John! Not fair! :mad: I'm trying to cut down my participation in GAWs, but a space pen, a Bigfoot Tinker, AND a handmade leather slip? I gotta think about this. :rolleyes:

Okay, I'm in! :) Here's a pic of some of the knives I've been carrying frequently lately:
z2duGIQ.jpg

Good luck to everyone!
Vince that's a great pocket dump, it's funny I have the same Keychain, your picture of it made me realize my keys are always with me and I never think of them as EDC, that's probably the one thing that never changes until I get a new vehicle.

Last edited:
Vince that's a great pocket dump, it's funny I have the same Keychain, your picture of it made me realize my keys are always with me and I never think of them as EDC, that's probably the one thing that never changes until I get a new vehicle.
Thanks, Chuck. I should point out I don't carry all those knives at the same time. At least one is always in my left front pocket; sometimes I also carry something in a belt sheath. In the course of a day, I may carry up to four different knives.

Okay, time to show my EDC stuff...

I don't carry much on my person, just knife, multi-tool, keys and wallet.

I'm a big fan of the Gerber Shard.

I'm also a big fan of the Victorinox Cadet.

Even though I don't like to carry much on me,
I have a pack that I put in my vehicle when I leave the house.

Because I spend a lot of time outdoors 4Wheeling and Fly Fishing, it's packed full of important stuff.
It has pens, notepads, lighters, fire starter, extra multi-tool (my Tinker), extra blade (a lockback for heavier chores), flashlights, water jugs, space blankets, first aid items, fishing gear, you know... the works. It's packed full of useful stuff and fits nicely in the center console of my Jeep.

Very cool giveaway, John! Time to go Squatchin'! :D:thumbsup:
I no longer have a SAK, so this is super cool paired up with a great pen, and the incredible EDC pouch! The winner is a lucky dog!

Pretty minimal carry these days, this and usually a modern in the back pocket.
lkC5nWH.jpg

I couldn't resist! I pretty much carry what my father carried, but he carried a smaller knife than I now do. The only thing not in the picture that I carry every day is my handkerchief. (My father carried one too, of course.)

My dad is the same way, always carries a comb, hanky (just the white kind) and a medium Stockman.

Thank you JohnDF JohnDF the is generous GAW full of surprises, and you gentlemen got treasures in you pockets. This is NOT an entry, I am not SAK guy although the pocket slip is very nice, but I can order one anytime. Anyway here is my humble pocket dump of today.
EDC.jpg
Mike

I suppose "count me in" as well.
This is most of what I have in my pockets today... micra, keys, more keys, 1 pound coin, (I know, it doesn't LOOK that heavy :rolleyes:) motorcycle fob, new Queen muskrat, Case 06247, and the Schrade Walden trapper.... for "trapper Tuesday" of course.

jqtnzQ.jpg

Finally getting around to Quoting and Replying to Page 2

A burner phone? Something you're not telling us? ;):thumbsup:

Beautiful knives, I miss my orange, stainless, trapper. :cool::thumbsup:

Pocket Ninja. :D

A combo I could definitely get behind. :cool::thumbsup:

I alwys thought it was neat to have all those handy little objects on your key chain. :cool::thumbsup:
In real life I couldn't handle having all that stuff packed into my tight Wrangler pockets. :eek:

Simple and to the point... I like it. :cool::thumbsup:

Nice assortment of knives. :cool::thumbsup:
Do you carry all four at once?

Is that a small thigh roller?
Perhaps a defensive weapon?
I like your small fixed blades and it has me thinking of trying it.
I'm going to build a pocket slip with a pocket clip for my Woods Walker.

You must have huge pockets and can't walk within a mile of a metal detector... Lol :D:thumbsup:

I'm seeing a lot of Douk Douks and Pliers. :cool::thumbsup:

Is that a small thigh roller?
Perhaps a defensive weapon?
I like your small fixed blades and it has me thinking of trying it.
I'm going to build a pocket slip with a pocket clip for my Woods Walker.

It's a yawara stick. Thankfully, mainly a "fidget" stick in my usage case ;)

Not going into the office daily has allowed me to carry a larger small fixed blade lately, and I'm really enjoying it. I do miss the Little Creek occasionally, but that Dozier carries really nice on the belt! Can't wait to see your Woods Walker pocket slip!

ooh! Im in! I have lost more space pens than pocket knives!! A handy slip that holds a SAK, and the space pen!! Ooh LaLa!!

Im a bit of a pockets full guy.

Try not to judge me. Today's carry (minus some modern folders and firearm, etc..)

I also have to preface this by saying these are not all in my pockets. I have a work bag I carry to work.

When I'm out and about minus the work bag, this gets whittled down a bit.....

9MoCuLX.jpg
I carry a 46 as well and it looks like you’re ready for a zombie apocalypse! I like :thumbsup::cool:

20200505_154940_copy_1209x1612.jpg the pocket carver has been in my watch pocket since i got it. The two trappers are rotated out with all the rest of my knives. Leatherman and buck 112 are always on my belt and microstream flashlight is always clipped to my left pocket. But theres no clip on it? Yeah i know! A new clip and another backup light are on their way. The one in the pic is actually my old light that the clip broke off. The one i was carrying clipped itself to the doorway of a boat and flung itself overboard. Anyway thanks for the chance and the entertainment!

Back