1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walking Dead season 8 (Spoiler Alert)

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by u812, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    Glad to see Simon go, but still waiting for Negan's demise. I think they should capture him, bind him up, and let Maggie and Rosita take turns using Lucille on him. Just before he dies then Rick can plant that Gang Axe in his skull.:D

2. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    I was wondering the same thing. Does he really want to make quality ammo for the Saviors or did his run in with Rosita make him want to get back so he could get on that priming tool and make a bunch of ammo that will slam fire and cause an issue for the Saviors?

3. gdog363

gdog363 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2017
    I have two theories so far: 1: Eugene is going to pull a Project Eldest Son and create defective ammunition that will explode. 2: Jadis (Trash Pack’s Leader) is going to arrive on the helicopter we saw a couple weeks ago and provide some kind of support.

tuica likes this.
  4. joeldworkin307

joeldworkin307 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2012
    I just want to know how Eugene is the only person alive who knows how to make ammunition BUT THEY HAVE A REAL HAND PRIMING TOOL!?

5. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Kum ba freakin; yah, Rick.

6. gdog363

Mar 8, 2017
    It looks like our boy Daryl, Maggie, and Jesus have some other plans. I’m interested to see how this goes.

7. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Best Fear the Walking Dead episode in a long time. Then at the end they had to ruin it.

8. gdog363

Mar 8, 2017
    Yeah. At this point I would be completely ok with this new season having only our new characters.

clampdaddy likes this.
  9. gadunz

gadunz

Dec 4, 2012
    Capture but don't kill the murdering demagogue, but use him as an imprisoned example of a more advanced society, leading to internal conflict- Maggie, Darryl, Jesus vs Rick & Michonne.
    Rick was a cop for a death penalty state. Inconsistency bordering on hypocrisy.

10. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Fear might get better. Looks like they just gave up on the story line on it and skipped it into the future with just a few of the characters. I like the the new 3 leads way better than anyone else on that show. Glad the moved production from Mexico to Austin. Maybe we will get a little more of the cowboy take on zombies.

11. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    Yeah. I wasn't digging the Mexico thing.

12. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    Yep. I'd be good with that. Just let Morgan and the new guy kill all of the old crew in the next episode, pretend the other seasons never happened and call it good.

Baron83 and zombieassassin like this.
  13. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Yeah,little too much Santa Muerte - Santeria undertones for me.

clampdaddy likes this.
  14. Baron83

Baron83 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 7, 2017
    (1) - you called that one.

15. gdog363

Mar 8, 2017
    I just had that feelin’:D:cool:

16. BlackKnight86

BlackKnight86 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2003
    Is it possible to do what happened with that level of precision? Hell, Negan's gun blew right behind Gabriel's head.....

I find it hard to believe that they had no rounds go out the muzzles (apparently....).

17. Baron83

Baron83 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 7, 2017
    So the concept is based upon the Project Eldest Son executed by US SOG teams in Vietnam. There the SOG members would carry some “special” AK, heavy machine gun, and mortar rounds, all designed to explode in the weapon and cause serious injury to the shooter. They would sprinkle these rounds into an enemy ammo cache, so as to cause the enemy to question the safety of the entire cache. I read that he SOG operators couldn’t deal with the ammo caches they found deep behind enemy lines, as blowing it up with explosives just scattered it around, and it was sealed enough to withstand throwing it in a river or something (not to mention that they’d have to get it to the river themselves).

The AK rounds, which would be most similar to this scenario, would have standard smokeless powder replaced with high explosives to cause a serious overpressurization of the chamber and catastrophic failure of the weapon. However, logic would dictate that the bullet of the tainted cartridge would still take the path of least resistance out of the chamber, which would likely be the barrel. Additionally, I would expect folks in front of the blast to be injured similar to the shooters behind the blast. So in sum, I would expect father gabriel’s head to be mush.

But hey, it’s a show about zombies where every rifle is fully automatic and cars and metal roofing somehow stop 5.56x45 and 7.62x39 from essentially point blank range.... sooooooooo....... haha

tuica, BlackKnight86 and LizaMari like this.
  18. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    I just had a thought that maybe someone with a better memory could help me out with. That nickel plated Peacemaker that John is carrying and asking about a girl with a matching one......wasn't the one that Nick got from Jeremiah at the ranch last season the same? Makes me wonder if Alicia or Madison is the woman he's been looking for. I seem to remember Madison taking that gun from Nick after he shot Jeremiah.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  19. gdog363

Mar 8, 2017
    John’s was very ornately engraved, while Nick’s is/was a standard 2nd Gen SAA

clampdaddy likes this.
  20. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    I just looked up the video clip of when Nick shot Jeremiah. It's pretty dark and hard to tell for sure but it does look to be nickel plated with bone or stag grip panels. Not knowing John's background maybe the engraving on his came about from him being alone and bored? I dunno. Just got me thinking.