1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walking Dead season 8 (Spoiler Alert)

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by u812, Oct 22, 2017.

1. gadunz

gadunz

Dec 4, 2012
    Scavenger queen Jadis' crew is turned, she dons nightie, speaks actual English then slurries crew.

2. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    The only cool part of this episode.

3. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    I was hoping Rick would actually read the letter to Negan. I need to go back and pause the recording see how much of it is legible.

4. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    Still trying to figure out the significance of Carl, Rick and Simon all coming into contact with the same blue paint too.

5. u812

Mar 15, 2002
    I guess I will say it. Last nights episode was not worth even posting about. Like the writers have have just given up.

6. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Until we started binge watching TWD on Netflix a couple weeks ago, we just never watched it. We're up to season 6 now & my wife & I keep thinking that they get more gullible or careless each season. Like they've learned nothing the last few years as far as situational awareness. My wife has lost interest, but I keep soldiering on.

7. u812

Mar 15, 2002
    IMO season 7 was really good.

8. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    I actually liked last night's episode. Overall I think the show is still pretty good. Not as good as the first few seasons but better than the season that they spent so much time looking for Beth while she was in the hospital. That was a real low point in the series for me.

9. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    They are stretching out the final conflict between Rick and Negan WAY too long!:thumbsdown:

10. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    Father Gabriel's going bling vision/perspective/camera effect was ...........................interesting :confused::rolleyes::eek:

11. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Well, THAT statement certainly makes more sense now that I've seen the second episode of the season (or second episode of the second half of the season?).

Isn't that the truth. And I haven't even seen the third episode yet. You mean they're STILL stretching in the third episode?
    Heck, they stretched out Carl's death WAY too long. I got fed up and just started jumping forward every time they showed his, Rick's, or Michonne's face in the Carl dying episode.
    So far, this season (half-season? I can't keep up with where we are now) has been a succession of exercises in how to cram 20 minutes worth of story-telling in to 1+ hours of TV.
    ARGH!
    The PAIN!
    MAKE IT STOP!

At this point, Negan and his monologues or dialogues are the only reasons to even keep watching. Are the producers just tired of continuing the show, and just trying to make it so uninteresting it can just fade away?

12. u812

Mar 15, 2002
    Well tonight has redeemed the show for me a good bit. Best episode this season.

dogboye and clampdaddy like this.
  13. lex2006

lex2006 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Rick is a really really bad shot ,
    Negans leather jacket is lined with Kevlar
    Rick is an Idiot, Yes Rick is an Idiot

dogboye likes this.
  14. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    Great episode. Rick, an apocalypse battle hardened former police officer, armed with an AK and his Python, not being able to seal the deal on an unarmed man in an overturned car though?? Come on man!!!

dogboye and Aias like this.
  15. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    yep... and this must have been the one time a car shot up DIDN'T explode... pretty good episode though.

16. gadunz

gadunz

Dec 4, 2012
    They could've set an ambush & mollied the Savior's vehicles, staring with the last in the column.
    All that miraculous spare fuel for transport & none for molotovs.
    Dwight seemed to have good opportunity to kill Simon, but didn't.
    Electric clock but no lightbulbs.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  17. Yonose

Yonose

Jul 10, 2017
    I used to ff through the boring parts, now reading spoilers is enough WD for me!

18. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    Yeah. I didnt understand the attack by Daryl. Sure, attack from behind but then turn around. Why give yourself a reason to open the gate on your fort? They should have had that bus up against the gate already to stop a ramming breach attack and then lit them up from the top of their walls with well aimed shots before Simon even got a chance to talk.

Yonose and Aias like this.
  19. gadunz

gadunz

Dec 4, 2012
    Leaderless abstract emoting & solo wandering off on vendettas.
    Hallucinating Morgan with a stick & 2, I think, AR-15s.
    ?
    As someone here said, where's the fixed bayonets?
    Who's in the helicopter? At this point, who cares?
    Still, some nice treachery by Rick & Morgan vs Saviors & herd, the only redeeming incident in this episode.
    I found a book about Negan
    [​IMG]
    Now to watch Homeland, an actual well-written series.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  20. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    So what's Eugene up to? Is it as it appears, or exactly the opposite?
    And will somebody get a Force Multiplier V8 before the show's done?