1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walking Dead season 8 (Spoiler Alert)

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by u812, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Yonose

Yonose Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Never understood how often they come face to face with slow moving zombies! If a character liked himself enough, why not wear some kind of body armor, or at least some thick leather. Guess comfort takes precedence over safety, which is kind of why this show sucks. If one character can wear a wool watch cap all summer, would it kill Rick and co to get some chainmail?

JackTheLad21 likes this.
  2. Stump Buster

Stump Buster Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Unfortunately, the directors and writers have gone all artsy and dramatic instead of sticking with a recipe that worked early on. The show has turned into a Sunday Night Soap Opera.:rolleyes:

Slow-mo face scenes with sad music, bad...no correct that, UNBELIEVABLY TERRIBLE tactics, and scattered timelines are recipes that make people lose interest.:(

Pykrim likes this.
  3. JackTheLad21

JackTheLad21

Sep 17, 2017
    Yeah I agree, it's kind of a bummer. That's also why I grew tired of the show,stopped watching it, restarted to watch it for boredom, grew tired again and now continuing to follow it just for inertia... It has lost every inch of credibility it ever had (it's a zombie show, it can't be really credible, but one has nonetheless the right to feel absorbed and that can't happen when all seems a big farce...). Anyway it's not for the comfort sake (since the drop leg holster of carl is one of the most uncomfortable things to be running with that i've ever seen...). And leave the chainmail. Motorcycle leather clothing would be plenty enough but they did not figure out even that in years...only the ones from the Kingdom seem like they partially did, but they are forgetting to cover all the soft parts exposed so the motocross armour only makes you clumsy and doesn't protect you from anything... The zombie killings, also, started to feel totally not believable from seasons ago...people killings tens of walkers basically with an icepick like they are planting flowers...bah... Sorry for the runt o_O

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    DavLafayette and Yonose like this.
  4. Yonose

Jul 10, 2017
    You would think that as a former sheriff, he’d insist that his only son wear a Kevlar vest, a steel helmet, leather gloves, a .22 handgun with suppressor, and a pocket saw with a tourniquet!

KNIGHTENFORCER likes this.
  5. JackTheLad21

JackTheLad21

Sep 17, 2017
    That's basic... At least when He wants to go play by himself in the woods.

Btw, He already has a supressed 9mm so we can skip the .22... And maybe in place of the pocket saw a Victorinox (obviously equipped with one though)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    Yonose likes this.
  6. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Curious to see of Rick tries to fillet some rib meat off the boy and then the doctor that Eugene is trying to get out of the sanctuary for Maggie ends up nursing him back. A season or two ago the girl that was acting as the doctor for Alexandria managed to save a man that was on the verge of dying from a badly infected gunshot wound.

7. Yonose

Jul 10, 2017
    Still,.22 much quieter and less heavy for zombie killing, would save the 9mm for saviors. I don’t know if I could cut off my arm or leg with a sak saw. But I wouldn’t have to cuz at least I’d be wearing proper gear

8. gadunz

gadunz

Dec 4, 2012
    Carl's dead. Some here will be glad. Replaced by Henry, as next killer boy.

9. u812

u812 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 15, 2002
    I didn't hate the Carl character but the guy playing him just can't act.

MattinLA likes this.
  10. bullpin

bullpin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I watched some of it last night. Not really into it like I was the first few seasons. I laughed my ass off that everyone is carrying suppressed firearms now. How did they get their hands on those ? Did I miss that episode? :rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

11. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    I'm not sure but I remember a few seasons ago when the surpessors were made out of mag-lights and aluminum baseball bats. Lol!

12. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    R.I.P. Carl.

13. Sethrotull

Sethrotull Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Longest death by zombie bite ever.

14. u812

u812 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 15, 2002
    The producers must have thought people really liked him.

15. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    I dunno. For some reason I get the feeling that the producers are pulling a huge troll and he isn't really gone. They didn't actually show him shoot himself and one time they said that they had second thoughts about killing off Andrea but they couldn't bring her back because Michonne was in the room with her when we heard Rick's python bark.

16. Baron83

Baron83 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 7, 2017
    I just remember thinking that Rick needed to do some serious TLC on that revolver because after Andrea smoke checked herself I heard a shell casing hit the ground! Haha.

clampdaddy likes this.
  17. u812

Mar 15, 2002
    Rick woke up from a dream at the end. If they do this a dream to bring him back they will loose a lot of viewers.

18. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    The jumping forward/back in time, and then the dream sequences is a bit much. Not sure what was going on at the end where Rick was sitting against the tree with a bloody arm and wound on his side. Same spot where Carl got bit. If there's a comic spoiler that explains it I'd rather not know, (I stopped reading them right where this season of the show started for that very reason) but for now it all seems a bit weird.

19. LizaMari

LizaMari Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 16, 2014
    They've already lost a lot of viewers. I know several people who threw in the towel on this show. I stopped watching when Shiva died and I realized that I cared more for a CGI tiger than any of the humans on the show. Oh well.

20. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    My oldest daughter used to love watching past episodes I have on dvd until she saw the one where the horse Rick rode into Atlanta got eaten. Wont watch the show anymore. My middle daughter would watch the episode where Carl lost his eye over and over, all day, if I'd let her.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    LizaMari likes this.