What is one characteristic or spec from a manufacturer that disqualifies them for you

I love you two guys making ad hominem attacks, coments and critiques on every public/General discussion thread I post and contribute to.
Thanks, you really make this an enjoyable forum, community and experience. :thumbup:
Again you seem very confused and again you contradict yourself.

I would have found your nuts zip tied to knives absurd in any event but in regards to attacking other people, you sorta kinda opened that kind of worms.

You were not on my radar at ALL prior to your below moronic attack/comment a while ago:

To this quite (IMO) uneducated answer, Bladescout, here is my own response:

PIC

I agree with Hermit dave, this is quite a nice design for a fighting blade, as it's its smaller version, the FE7. They were created and modeled after Jim Hammond made and presented his famous "FleshEater" design.

PIC

In my humble opinion, but based on a life of reading, studying and handling combat/fighting knives, I believe CRKT makes some extremely well thought, no-nonsense fighting fixed blades, usually in collaboration with well known martial artists and famous figures in the fighting/bladed arts.

PIC

Examples being the Hisshou (designed by James Williams), Ultima (designed by Michael Martinez), Sangrador (Darrin Sirois), Clever Girl (Austin McGlaun), OC3 (Pat Cascio), FTWS (Allen Elishewitz), and my personal favorite, the James Williams' Hissatsu

PIC

So please do a little research before giving such a crude, unproper and mean answer, specially given the nature of the thread and the OP

Apart from it not even being English, its never a clever idea of accusing others of attacking, when you drew frist blood on that one.

For clarification, what apparently set you off was this very politely worded post in a polite conversation with other forum member:

I quite like some CRKT products and am not disputing your statement....but how would you know, that its an 'amazing fighting knife?'

Do you mean 'good quality?' - Im not disputing that.

Do you have a vast font of empirical experience in regards to using this implement for knife fighting? - not disputing that either.

BTW nice knife. Looks like it should do an okay job for its intended use.

NB this is PracTac material.

I have no clue, as to why you chose to attack me in your pidgin English over my polite inquiry - a chemical imbalance maybe.

In my humble opinion, but based on a life of reading, studying and handling combat/fighting knives, I believe CRKT makes some extremely well thought, no-nonsense fighting fixed blades, usually in collaboration with well known martial artists and famous figures in the fighting/bladed arts.

As for the above comment - and I havent laughed so hard in a while - please get this straight; You are NOT a grizzled knife fighting expert with a font of knife fighting knowledge from a long long looong life spent dedicated to the intense study of combat and combat knives. You have NEVER been in a knife fight and judging from the pic you posted of yourself, you wouldnt last five seconds in unarmed combat.

Its OKAY being a scrawny kid from Spain, its OKAY to have an interest in knives - we all started out not knowing much with just an interest in knives, but for the love of all that is holy, stop setting yourself up as a knife fighting and fighting knife expert, when you are not.

You posted this a while ago I believe:

20151020_162141_zpspmm8ewyv.jpg

You on the left, I believe.

General McAuliffe summed it up pretty well....

With that Im out of this thread.

Its not the done thing to go OT, so Ill bow out but enough with the nuts zip tied to knives and pretending to be a knife fighting and fighting knife oracle already.

MORE updated list. :D

So, they can't be:
-Big
-Small
-Serrated
-CRKT
-Boker
-Hinderer
-Strider
-Made in China or Pakistan
-Benchmade
-Spyderco
-Coated blades
-Tip up clips
-Ganzo
-Mantis
-Expensive
-Hollow grind
-Buck
-Zero Tolerance
-Cold Steel
-Thick blades or handles
-Great Eastern Cutlery
-Thumb studs
-Waved
-Frame-lock
-Recurved blade
-Liner lock
-Lock-back
-Flippers
-Bearings
-Stainless steel
-Bead-blasted blades
-Two-hand opening
-Skulls
-Fixed blades made in Sweden
-Bark River
-Microtech
-"Tracker-like"
-Medford
-Scandi grind
-Any tactical knife
-Assisted opening
-440 or AUS-8 steel
-Saber grind
-Delicate tip
-Not have a sharpening notch

So, they can't be:
-Big
-Small
-Serrated
-CRKT
-Boker
-Hinderer
-Strider
-Benchmade
-Spyderco
-Coated blades
-Tip up clips
-Ganzo
-Mantis
-Expensive
-Hollow grind
-Buck
-Zero Tolerance
-Cold Steel
-Thick blades or handles
-Great Eastern Cutlery
-Thumb studs
-Waved
-Frame-lock
-Recurved blade
-Liner lock
-Lock-back
-Flippers
-Bearings
-Stainless steel
-Bead-blasted blades
-Two-hand opening
-Skulls
-Bark River
-Microtech
-"Tracker-like"
-Medford
-Scandi grind
-Any tactical knife
-Assisted opening
-440 or AUS-8 steel
-Saber grind
-Delicate tip

I think my Svord peasant is still allowed then?

Only "iffy" part is the sharpening notch, but the blade is such that its not required, so I'm allowing it.

Otherwise I wouldn't have anything left to carry.

I think my Svord peasant is still allowed then?

Only "iffy" part is the sharpening notch, but the blade is such that its not required, so I'm allowing it.

Otherwise I wouldn't have anything left to carry.

So far, knives made from rocks you find on the ground are allowed. :)
But I don't know how much longer, given the breadth of this list.

So far, knives made from rocks you find on the ground are allowed. :)
But I don't know how much longer, given the breadth of this list.

I'm thinking Talonite or Stellite 6K would yet work. There's some cool stuff out there in these materials still.

Again you seem very confused and again you contradict yourself.

I would have found your nuts zip tied to knives absurd in any event but in regards to attacking other people, you sorta kinda opened that kind of worms.

You were not on my radar at ALL prior to your below moronic attack/comment a while ago:

Apart from it not even being English, its never a clever idea of accusing others of attacking, when you drew frist blood on that one.

For clarification, what apparently set you off was this very politely worded post in a polite conversation with other forum member:

I have no clue, as to why you chose to attack me in your pidgin English over my polite inquiry - a chemical imbalance maybe.

As for the above comment - and I havent laughed so hard in a while - please get this straight; You are NOT a grizzled knife fighting expert with a font of knife fighting knowledge from a long long looong life spent dedicated to the intense study of combat and combat knives. You have NEVER been in a knife fight and judging from the pic you posted of yourself, you wouldnt last five seconds in unarmed combat.

Its OKAY being a scrawny kid from Spain, its OKAY to have an interest in knives - we all started out not knowing much with just an interest in knives, but for the love of all that is holy, stop setting yourself up as a knife fighting and fighting knife expert, when you are not.

You posted this a while ago I believe:

You on the left, I believe.

General McAuliffe summed it up pretty well....

With that Im out of this thread.

Its not the done thing to go OT, so Ill bow out but enough with the nuts zip tied to knives and pretending to be a knife fighting and fighting knife oracle already.

Love watching a W&C prospect cutting his teeth

Emerson, for insisting on using a chisel grind edge for lefties while setting the liner lock for righties for no good reason.

I like knives that don't have to be altered with nuts and zip ties. Does anybody make duct tape scales? [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't really read this thread, but I find it very interesting and would like to add that I don't like to zip tie my nuts. My knives are quick enough as is and my nuts are rather small. My nuts have worked well before, but it would get to expensive to use them again. If I ever use my nuts again, it would be in an unexpected situation and, while it would be great, I would prefer not to. I have a ton of blanks that I use and I'm fine with that. Besides that, I think that nuts are ugly. Hell, I don't want to look at anyone else's nuts, especially on a knife. I don't want my nuts on a knife either. That just doesn't seem right. Nuts on a knife? Really?

In short, I like my nuts and don't want to zip tie them.

I haven't really read this thread, but I find it very interesting and would like to add that I don't like to zip tie my nuts. My knives are quick enough as is and my nuts are rather small. My nuts have worked well before, but it would get to expensive to use them again. If I ever use my nuts again, it would be in an unexpected situation and, while it would be great, I would prefer not to. I have a ton of blanks that I use and I'm fine with that. Besides that, I think that nuts are ugly. Hell, I don't want to look at anyone else's nuts, especially on a knife. I don't want my nuts on a knife either. That just doesn't seem right. Nuts on a knife? Really?

In short, I like my nuts and don't want to zip tie them.

You guys from Washington State are a strange lot. The rest of the nation is okay with zip-tying of nuts.... why is it the Evergreen State resists so?

I would say that I have only have a few things which will make me pass on a knife:

- If your knife is basic, but being sold almost entirely on the weight of the makers' name, that's a pass for me. An old example: Mad Dog McLung knives? LOL No. So dumb.
- I'm not a fan of Chinese knives, I don't need to explain myself.
- Any "highspeed, low drag" super operator Spec-Ops SWAT/SEAL marketed knives in general. If you are using a military or law enforcement agency to try to sell it me, that's a pass for me. I know too many actual military special forces guys who carry beat up old Cold Steels or whatever nonsense they bought at the PX/BX.
- Stolen valor scumbags who use their lies to sell knives
- I'm only a semi-steel snob, usually based on price. I have a general idea what a knife made in a given steel should be worth, and I stick to it. Only things that drag me out of that comfort zone might be an excellent blade shape or overall design

Other than that, I'm pretty much open to anything.
There have been some exceptions, but overall that's it. As an example, I don't like fighting knives, yet have several Emersons I like very much. I hardly ever utilize the wave feature, and truthfully could do without it entirely.

So, they can't be:
-Big
-Small
-Serrated
-CRKT
-Boker
-Hinderer
-Strider
-Benchmade
-Spyderco
-Coated blades
-Tip up clips
-Ganzo
-Mantis
-Expensive
-Hollow grind
-Buck
-Zero Tolerance
-Cold Steel
-Thick blades or handles
-Great Eastern Cutlery
-Thumb studs
-Waved
-Frame-lock
-Recurved blade
-Liner lock
-Lock-back
-Flippers
-Bearings
-Stainless steel
-Bead-blasted blades
-Two-hand opening
-Skulls
-Bark River
-Microtech
-"Tracker-like"
-Medford
-Scandi grind
-Any tactical knife
-Assisted opening
-440 or AUS-8 steel
-Saber grind
-Delicate tip

Based on this list, a ceremic folder from Schrade is still allowed, isn't it. :D

I kid. I like S&W and Schrade knives for their inexpensiveness (7cr17, 8cr13mov steel at < $15), but ceramics are a no go. Especially in my country where conscription is practiced, the last thing I want to deal with is a chipped ceramic blade caused by rough use.

Back