What is the Walmart Kershaw Tiger Stripe?

Gonna have to stop by wally world and see if I can find one. Should actually pick up a regular tanto as well since they are on the way out. Figured it would be around forever so I never picked one up. I really need a second job for knife monies.

I never even liked blurs until this peaked my interest. Now I am hunting down walmarts looking for this one. Damn.... I AM and addict.

Gonna have to stop by wally world and see if I can find one. Should actually pick up a regular tanto as well since they are on the way out. Figured it would be around forever so I never picked one up. I really need a second job for knife monies.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think Kai probably only meant that "Walmart" would be discontinuing their black tanto Blur from the shelves and replacing it with the TS tanto, not a complete discontinuation of the black tanto line. Perhaps they can correct me if I'm wrong? :confused:

Kai, have you ever thought of upgrading the serrations to the scalloped serrations? Because I would think, that would be (more) appealing to the vocal minority crowd (us) while retaining the "tactical" appeal for money making crowd (everyone else)

It's sick the way it is. :)

Agreed. I gifted 3 CE Tanto Blurs a couple months ago. All purchased at Wal Mart and the recipients were very grateful to have such a well made knife. I showed some of the guys at work the knives before they were given and one guy yelled, "that knife is awesome!" I found it hard to argue with their impressions.
I have no problems with serrations. They cut through just about everything. That is what knives are for, right? ;) i might need one of those TS versions.

I went down to walmart yesterday to see if they had them in stock, I saw the place where they suppose to be but no knife to be found. Than again I wouldn't be surprise if they were hidden somewhere behind a counter or something at this walmart due to all the thefts. Heck I looked across the aisle and saw a $6 machete that I swear had a 30in blade, or I should say a package for a $6 machete with no machete and just the sheath. How someone stole that one is beyond me as it be a bit cumbersome to walk out of the store with.

Definitely wouldn't have mind seeing that blur in person, oh well the hunt continues.

Oh yeah? How so? I'd love to hear why...only cuz I think the ergonomics on that thing are awesome. Lemme know!

I didn't like the look or feel of the inserts on the handle. Reminds me of griptape from my younger skateboarding days. In fact the guy in the shop told me it was griptape, which made me think it was a really cheap knife. I read about it on Kai'site so I understand what it is supposed to do and that it is not griptape. I guess I will have to try one out to really see if I like it. I will be willing to try it out when I find one of these new ones.

I didn't like the look or feel of the inserts on the handle. Reminds me of griptape from my younger skateboarding days. In fact the guy in the shop told me it was griptape, which made me think it was a really cheap knife. I read about it on Kai'site so I understand what it is supposed to do and that it is not griptape. I guess I will have to try one out to really see if I like it. I will be willing to try it out when I find one of these new ones.

I quickly handled one at a gun show, I didn't have the impression of grip tape though that was just me. Overall though the Blur (not walmart special) felt like a tank and is the only folding knife I have ever handled that gave me confidence that it could take anything I threw at it the first second I picked it up. I would say these things are far from a cheap knife.

I wouldn't mind seeing the new green smoke Blur with a Tiger Stripe PE at my WM today!! I'll keep holding my breath.

I talked with my friend that works at the sporting goods counter. He said a week or two was his guess. Things trickle in every day.

You should snag one of the carbon fiber blurs if the inserts bother you.

Back in the day they were just that, griptape. Around 2006 I believe they were changed over to Trac-tec. Track-tec is a fibrous rubbery material. It is agressive enough to give you tons of grip yet still soft enough to the touch that it doesnt completely rip apart you pants, well atleast not nearly as fast! If you have ever been on or touched a rubber track (running track), thats exactly how it feels.

I suggest holding one again with your new knowledge or looking at one with the carbonfiber inserts in place of the trac-tec or one of the all aluminum spiderweb handles that come in the normal configuration or in tanto. Kershawguy (Dave) should be able to help you out with those.

Thanks for the response! I hit up wal-mart before work to pick up a Shuffle and sure enough, I saw the empty area on the racks where the TS Blur will be. Funny how dudes all over America are walking into the sporting goods department looking for the same stuff.

Thanks for the response! I hit up wal-mart before work to pick up a Shuffle and sure enough, I saw the empty area on the racks where the TS Blur will be. Funny how dudes all over America are walking into the sporting goods department looking for the same stuff.

Wonder if all of them have the same issue with not being able to find someone to unlock the stupid pegs or case.

Wonder if all of them have the same issue with not being able to find someone to unlock the stupid pegs or case.

Hahaha I know I had that problem with 2 wal-marts. Third time was indeed the charm because I got my Shuffle this morning and the lady didn't give me any lip about checking all the clam packs for the one with the earliest lock-up.

Hahaha I know I had that problem with 2 wal-marts. Third time was indeed the charm because I got my Shuffle this morning and the lady didn't give me any lip about checking all the clam packs for the one with the earliest lock-up.

Awesome that she let you do that. Never go to get a knife there after 9ish. Took me 20min to find someone that would unlock it for me.

Back